• Barbieq25
    • JD Melek
    • Possum Roadkill

WOTW #16

Theme is: THIS DAY IN MUSIC HISTORY

Rules: (different rules than normal.)

Go to this website, http://datadragon.com/day/

Scroll down to below the listing and click on "Pick your own day" and enter

the day you were born (the personal part).

In the middle of your wallpaper enter that day in BIG letters.

Example FEBRUARY 28th

You must do a cool text effect (3D, gold, chrome, etc.) on that text.

Your background will be a collage of images from the list. You can use any photo manip/modification

effect on the photos you want or the mosaic plugin for example.

You can use Google Image search, Wikipedia, or any other resource to acquire the images for your background.

You may also embellish the background with random musical notes, sheet music,

or musical instruments of the music/musicians/composers on the list.

You may also include images that may be representative of the title of a song

or event on the list.

If you have any questions, post them in this thread or PM Possum Roadkill. I would be happy to help anyone interested.

Your Contestants !

CSM 725

496dbe66c59ff8014ee7846ef8b790f32g.jpg

Welshblue

th_possumwotw2.jpg

Barbieq25

th_WOTW16.png

JD Melek

th_wotw16moondance.jpg

Possum Roadkill

th_ThisDayInMusicHistory2.png

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Sorry for the links to the images. I'll try to get it fixed, but until I figure it out HERE is the link to the original post so you can click on the thumbs and see the images in full size.

Voting ends Friday night at midnight (Indiana time, as if there is any other). Eastern Standard Time (yes Daylight Savings Time is in effect)! So make your choices quick. We are going to move this one along.

* Note to contestants * Please have an idea ready for the next theme. You don't want me to pick it for you, and I don't either! I want to have the next round going by Monday.

Thanks for your patience everyone !

Edited by Possum Roadkill

Tough choice...but I think I'm vote for Possum! nice work everyone!

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

If I win (not likely), my theme is The Internet.

I will post the rules I had in mind now, before I forget them:

A user must choose a browser/website of his choice.

He/she must have the name of the browser/site he/she has chosen on the wallpaper, along with a logo or screen-shot of it.

He/she can also add any other things that follow the theme of the browser/site.

@ CSM, First off, I don't see why you wouldn't win. I think your's is awesome. In fact, I think mine is far more boring than anyone else's. Secondly, when I said have a theme in mind, I meant to write it up and not necessarily tell anyone. :D But that's ok, it will give everyone a headstart ! A cookie for you ! :cookie:

@ Frontcannon, I've been asked to take over the WOTW comps from here on. I'll just leave it at that. A piece of pizza for you ! :pizza:

Thanks to Pyrochild for adding a new mod (thumbnail) to fix the images. You can find it in the "Other styles" menu. It basically turns the image into a click-able thumbnail. So very cool ! A piece of cake and Mt. Dew for you Pyro, :cake::mtdew:

In the next comp, I would like everyone to include a thumbnail link to your image. If you like, you can post a full size image ( as long as it's 800 X 600 ) with a thumb below it so people can see the full size image. This will make setting up the polls much easier for me, leading to a quicker turnaround for voting. Hey, we are all about efficiency here ! Now a cup of coffee for me ! :coffee::mrgreen:

Thanks everyone !

What? No coffee for me? :roll: Guess I'll have to get my own then. :coffee: & some cake too! :cake:

Cool bananas! Go Possum!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Possum, I just looked at the poll on the top and it said 11 members have voted, but it shows 5 for Welshy and one for BarbieQ25.

?!!?

Yeah, I noticed that before I just logged in. Strange. I set the poll so you could have only one vote. Maybe some people tried to vote more than once. I'll ask for someone to take a look at it. It's been a year and a half since I used an IP Board, but I don't think it's changed that much.

@ Barbieq, sorry I forgot to give you that cup of coffee ! :coffee: I saved the last piece of coffee cake for you. :cake:

No, because last night you had 4 votes.

Oh well, I'm not worried as much about my votes as I am people's votes being counted. I have sent a PM to the Admin staff to look it over and see if there is a problem. As I recall, when I had an IP board there was a setting in the poll setup that you could set so people could change their vote, but could still only vote once. Maybe I did not set that correctly and people changed their vote. That could explain it. We will just have to wait and see.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm seeing a "delete my vote" button here. maybe some people voted, then deleted their votes hoping they could change their votes?

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Wait, why don't I manage this anymore? I was just waiting awhile so everyone could move over to this forum and get used to the transition.

Whatever, if Possum wants to take it over he can.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm seeing a "delete my vote" button here. maybe some people voted, then deleted their votes hoping they could change their votes?

OK mystery solved. There were no phantom votes. All real votes cast were counted. It seems that in the process of fixing the lone larger image (and adding a nifty new tool to do so) my post was edited using the full editor causing it to appear to have more votes for a time. When the post was finally corrected and saved the votes were recounted and the count corrected. I'm sure this is an over simplified version of what happened, but this is what you can expect from a creature with a brain the size of a walnut. No harm no foul. So if someone wants to vote for my entry, it wouldn't hurt my feelings. :mrgreen:

Wait, why don't I manage this anymore? I was just waiting awhile so everyone could move over to this forum and get used to the transition.

Whatever, if Possum wants to take it over he can.

Flip, it's not a case of me wanting to take over, it was a case of me being asked to take over. If you will recall, the last time the comp was delayed, I recommended someone else to take over. It was not personal at that time and it is not now. However, when asked, I gladly accepted in order to keep the comp moving along. I'm sure that had you touched base with someone.... No hard feelings on my part, and I hope there are none on your side.

Oh goody - next theme is on fish :D Welshy will make the best fishing rod & reel & win again :lol:

Yeah, you can all vote for me instead :P

I've only won one & that was pretty much by default.

Just kidding...keen to get on with the next one.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

"are we there yet?".."are we there yet?"...."are we there yet?"

I have not done very well in this one and I spent the "LOCK DOWN" working on every tut. I could find.

So pleeeeeeeeeze Mr.Possum "SIR" :heart: You had some fantastic new comp. ideas I read about somewhere!

cant wait to try again

now you can have a :coffee: and piece of :cake: on me.

Enjoy.

regards j.d.

C'mon people.  

Vote for anyone but me ... I always choose carp themes 

Is that opposed to a catfish theme? I could do either, but I think the whiskers on the catfish might be more of a challenge.

Oh goody - next theme is on fish :D Welshy will make the best fishing rod & reel & win again :lol:

Yeah, you can all vote for me instead :P

I've only won one & that was pretty much by default.

Just kidding...keen to get on with the next one.

:lol: That's what I was thinking, although I think I could make a pretty mean bamboo fishing pole. I'm looking forward to getting on to the next one too. This one has gone on way too long, understandable considering the move and all, but it is time to move forward.

"are we there yet?".."are we there yet?"...."are we there yet?"

I have not done very well in this one and I spent the "LOCK DOWN" working on every tut. I could find.

So pleeeeeeeeeze Mr.Possum "SIR" :heart: You had some fantastic new comp. ideas I read about somewhere!

cant wait to try again

now you can have a :coffee: and piece of :cake: on me.

Enjoy.

regards j.d.

Nope, we're not there yet ! Almost ! :lightbulb: But it is almost Friday ! Yea ! :mushroom:

"LOCK DOWN" ? You make it sound like you were in jail :nuke:

I like pie, especially when it has cherries in it. Or if it's a :pizza: pie !

@ barbie' and Possum' ... that all sounds a bit fishy to me.

Actually, re-arrange the A and the R for what I actually meant. :lol:

Nope, I'm gonna hold you that that carp theme. :lol::mrgreen:

@ barbie' and Possum' ... that all sounds a bit fishy to me.

Actually, re-arrange the A and the R for what I actually meant. :lol:

:lol: Really funny Welshblue!

@ barbie' and Possum' ... that all sounds a bit fishy to me.Actually, re-arrange the A and the R for what I actually meant. :lol:

Yes, I know but I thought I have a play with it. :D I was being a bit Koi? :lol:

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Yes, I know but I thought I have a play with it. :DI was being a bit Koi? :lol:

OMG ! Where's all the swordfish when you need them?