How to Install Plugins ×

Noise Reduction Plugin

ncoquard

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, It's true that on your picture it didn't change anything.

But I wanted to remove the Jpg artefact on a PCB (electronic) picture.

I had the feeling than the plugin I wrote was working better (and was easier to configure) on few colored images.

I attach an example (left -> original, middle -> paint net, right -> my plugin). But it's sure my plugin is really slow.

But I perhaps don't know well how to setup the original paint.net effect.

Nicolas Coquard

• 10 years later...

This denoise plugin is just what i needed! Its even better than paint.net's one. Ik this post is 10 years old, but if you're still there please publish the code. I wanna know how this works. 

Screenshot (2926).png

Edited by Foxxey

On 6/2/2020 at 4:20 AM, Foxxey said:

This denoise plugin is just what i needed! Its even better than paint.net's one. Ik this post is 10 years old, but if you're still there please publish the code. I wanna know how this works.

I don't think the OP will be back. However, I will recommend you to learn kernel processing first, and then search for algorithm on denoising after. It's too late for anyone for the OP to ask for the OP, nor will anyone provide you the source without permission of the OP. I think that the plugin made by @ncoquard would require multi-threaded processing.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

• 5 months later...