How could I make a Na'vi from the film Avatar of myself?

yep we possibly could like crimson said give us some links and let us take a crack at it.

Off topic: angelina jolie is so hott!

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

The link is working now. The tutorial is very interesting - I'm sure someone will be able to help you transfer it to Paint.Net.

The tutorial you linked to completely translates to Paint.NET. The only thing that you would need to do differently is use smudge with a square brush instead of liquify.

What was the point of this thread again? :|

The point of the thread is he was asking for help on how to translate a tutorial.

Also the liquify filter in photoshop is a bit more advanced then smudge mate I am sure it would be quite difficult to achieve what you are looking for with smudge. I think point warp might work in this case though.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Oh my goodness! I've totally been working on this same manipulation for a couple of days now -- based off that tut! Hahaha... will post results soon, nose has definitely been the hardest part.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

That looks fantastic! I'll have to try this as well.. See you later this year, I believe this is a project that's going to take long :D As far as I can see, it seems to be possible in PdN. We'll see :mrgreen:

everythingfadestogreysi.png

Please forgive my possible complaints. I'm but an annoying little perfectionist when it comes to using english...

"I tremble in the presence of your terrifying skills of gardening."

The point of the thread is he was asking for help on how to translate a tutorial.

I know, but that tutorial already translates perfectly to Paint.NET... :|

You're right though, widening a nose is pretty hard with smudge, but you can do it if you work at it for awhile. I'd try another option first though, because when I say 'awhile' I mean I worked at it for 25 minutes and was only satisfied when I zoomed out to 50%...

Sigil_Top.png

Sigil_Bottom.png

(Click top half for DeviantArt gallery) (Click bottom half for Paint.NET gallery)