How to Install Plugins ×

Color Filter, Color Tint, Posterize, Threshold and more...

Ed Harvey

See new topic HERE for latest details
Hi everyone,

I have knocked together some 'classic' effects as a plugin.

Color Filter
Color Flip/Rotate
Color Tint (AKA colorize)
Invert Intensity
Posterize
Threshold
Most should be fairly obvious if you have play with them...

Below is the link to a zip file. Unzip it and put the single DLL that is inside this zip file in your effects folder and then launch the paint.net app. The effects should appear on your effects menu as "Ed-fects" - yes, I know it's a stupid name, but I wanted to group them all together until they are 'polished'.

Your comments and suggestions are welcomed :D

Regards,

Ed

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Updated link & removed obsolete file.

ed-sig2.png.3c040e8f8a7b22d05fbfbad8e5ea6994.png

Good stuff

There are no warranties whatsoever on my plug-ins. Use them at your own risk. You may redistribute them if you'd like, but I'd prefer you just link to the download on my site. Please do not modify and redistribute.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice! I had to use MS Paint one time to re-invert the colours on a picture lol - it's such a simple effect yet not included in Paint.NET :?

...I've been wanting this for while :P Nice job!

Signature

Very nice! I had to use MS Paint one time to re-invert the colours on a picture lol - it's such a simple effect yet not included in Paint.NET :?

...I've been wanting this for while :P Nice job!

uhm... pdn can invert colors: goto layers - adjustments - invert :roll:
  • Upvote 1

I think I have just fallen in love with you! :oops: I have been trying to recolor some items that I needed to be a certain color and was not able to do it properly. Thank you so much for these plug-ins! You might want to look into adding a value to the color fill and color tint plug-ins though.... I try to make it darker but it only goes lighter.

P.S. Don't worry I am female... or well last I checked anyways! ;)

• 2 months later...

Just used CCleaner.exe and it showed up a hidden and read-only file in one of my temporary folders.

Is there a need and reason for this? Why can't the temporary file be obviously known to us all?

@ Ed.

Thanks for that plugin.

Also thanks for the distort effect you created.

Could you add a link as well to the distort effect on this topic? The ohter link isn't easy to find!

About distort effect I use often the sphere and I wounder if you could adapt it (or add a new one) to make like cylinder.

If not I would try myself but then could you provide the source code?

• 2 weeks later...

i love your effects. please continue to make them even if they're random or something

"By trying to reinvent the wheel every time we find very often with square wheels" ...X-blaster

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ed Harvey, I keep getting tons of crash reports e-mailed to me about this plugin. Please fix it.

Here's one example,

Se creó este archivo de texto porque se bloqueó Paint.NET.
Por favor, envíe este archivo a paint.net@hotmail.com para que podamos diagnosticar y resolver el problema.

Application version: Paint.NET v3.0 (Release Candidate 1 Release compilación 3.0.2574.35172)
Time of crash: 27/01/2007 09:44:35 p.m.
Application uptime: 00:06:03.2500000
OS Version: 5.1.2600.131072 Service Pack 2 Workstation x86
.NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.42 x86
Processor: 1x AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+
Physical memory: 447 MB
Tablet PC: no
Locale: pdnr.c: es-ES, hklm: n/a, hkcu: n/a, cc: es-VE, cuic: es-ES

Exception details:
System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
  en EdHarvey.Edfects.Effects.ThresholdEffectConfigDialog.AutoSetLevels(AutoLevelType type)
  en EdHarvey.Edfects.Effects.ThresholdEffectConfigDialog.contextMenuStrip1_ItemClicked(Object sender, ToolStripItemClickedEventArgs e)
  en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnItemClicked(ToolStripItemClickedEventArgs e)
  en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnItemClicked(ToolStripItemClickedEventArgs e)
  en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.HandleItemClick(ToolStripItem dismissingItem)
  en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
  en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
  en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  en System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
  en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
  en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Ed Harvey, I keep getting tons of crash reports e-mailed to me about this plugin. Please fix it.

Rick Brewster, this is the first I've heard of it, so there's no need to shout.

A simple, private, email when you first got a bug report would have sufficed, and been rather more civil....

The crash is due to a stupid race condition, I'll have to think of a better approach than the rubbish that's there at the moment :oops:

Once I have the plugin compiling against the 3.0 release I'll post a new version (I am getting a lot of warnings and errors at the moment.)

Ed

Hey Ed,

Excellent plug-in.... any chance of adding V to the colour picker for the Colour Tint effect, so there is a complete HSV range? or perhaps using pdn's colour picker for the effect - I don't know how pdn works so I can't say if the latter is even possible.

Thanks again.

BenM

Hey Ed,

Excellent plug-in.... any chance of adding V to the colour picker for the Colour Tint effect, so there is a complete HSV range? or perhaps using pdn's colour picker for the effect - I don't know how pdn works so I can't say if the latter is even possible.

Thanks again.

BenM

If you think about it, that doesn't make any sense because the V is taken from your source image.

(Of course, I'm saying that without looking at his source code. But, that's how I imagine he has written it.)

If you think about it, that doesn't make any sense because the V is taken from your source image.

(Of course, I'm saying that without looking at his source code. But, that's how I imagine he has written it.)

Ooops - I knew I was missing something obvious.... never mind - I still stand by the "can you make it use the pdn colour picker" comment though :D

B.

Ooops - I knew I was missing something obvious.... never mind - I still stand by the "can you make it use the pdn colour picker" comment though :D

I am in the process of re-jigging the UI for the current effects (and a bunch of new ones :) ) and I have added the ability to quickly select the primary/secondary colors.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no programmatic access to the color picker from the effects plug-in API, so I probably can't add that...

Maybe Rick will be kind enough to add that in a future release - I can think of many situations where such a facility would be useful to plug-in writers.

• 2 months later...

I love thi plugin it has really helped HOWEVER , i really want to make a picture darker, more black and white , on your saturation circles to change the colour black isn't there,

Is there any way to take the colour out of a picture to dull it down a bit with this plugin or a different way ?

I love thi plugin it has really helped HOWEVER , i really want to make a picture darker, more black and white , on your saturation circles to change the colour black isn't there,

Is there any way to take the colour out of a picture to dull it down a bit with this plugin or a different way ?

The Adjustments menu is your best friend.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!