aguba

aguba

pdn_blank2.png

Yep, a gallery. Coming back from lurker status, I might as well, right?

For some of you more experienced PDN users, hopefully you remember me :P

All 100% Paint.NET of course.

New:

nananamcrsm.png

Na Na Na

Logos

Hidden Content:
boom_studios_full_gloss2-1.png

Boom Studios

(click for full size)

3D Stuff

Hidden Content:
ag_logo2-1.png

ag

(click for full size)

boomhc.png

Boom

ProjectWIP3.png

Symbolize

powerwallpaper.png

Power

pdn_cncpt2.png

Freedom to Design

Wallpapers

Hidden Content:
Windows_glass-1.png

Windows Glass

(click for higher quality)

energy-1.png

Energy

(click for higher quality)

wacomsmall.png

Wacom Bamboo

(click for full size)

Other

Hidden Content:
iPodNano_x.png

iPod Nano 4G

fallinlove_square.png

Let's Just Fall in Love Again

puzzledheart.png

Missing a Piece

riot.png

Riot

keep_calm_and_zombie_on_by_aguba-d2x1tp3.png

Keep Calm and Zombie On

Edited by aguba

@Bjarni - just noticed your new sig/avvie - very cool!

@Aguba, cool images but yes, need to work on the antialiasing. I know I've said it so many times but I use 3200 x 2400 & reduce it to 800 x 600 & run Gaussian Blur @ 2 & that takes care of the jaggies & any other minor imperfections.

I really like the Energy one!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Ugh, I know, the aliasing. The thing is, I prefer the minor aliasing (what I consider minor) to using Feather, blurs, etc. I can't stand the blurry edge that they give. The moment that an anti-aliasing plugin is developed that doesn't create this blurry halo-effect around my project is the moment Paint.NET will be perfect in my eyes.

Also, the terrible quality on Windows Glass and Energy is just because I resized them. I'm not exactly sure what happened there.

I hardly ever use feather for the same reason. So I drive myself mad using massive images & then resize.

Jaggies aside, I like your work.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Nice stuff here, use feather more often, looks a bit aliased.

The first 2 pictures are really great.

actually no. Don't use feather, alpha masking is better. Great works first image could of used some alpha masking though but overall great images.

aguba search for the alpha mask import plugin by illnab. Also there are some tuts on pdn fanatics about alpha masking. Click the pdn fanatics logo in my sig to go check em out.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

aguba, I logged in to let you know my thoughts. I am in awe of your works. My favorite is, surprise, surprise, the Windows glossy blocks. It is gorgeous and it should had won the WOTW competition a while back, but I didn't cast a vote then.

On the 3D front, I think it is the problem with the font, and I'm hoping that Rick will have that issue worked out with the new released PDN version. I tried one last night and posted it in the Desktop Art thread, and I can't shake the feeling it is the text rendering. If it is at a large size, say, 200, it is sorely aliased. I hope you will keep at it, aguba.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Nice stuff here, use feather more often, looks a bit aliased.

The first 2 pictures are really great.

actually no. Don't use feather, alpha masking is better. Great works first image could of used some alpha masking though but overall great images.

aguba search for the alpha mask import plugin by illnab. Also there are some tuts on pdn fanatics about alpha masking. Click the pdn fanatics logo in my sig to go check em out.

Actually, the alpha mask import plugin is probably the one plugin I use the most. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what's causing all those jaggies. I'm really thinking it's the way I do the 3D.

aguba, I logged in to let you know my thoughts. I am in awe of your works. My favorite is, surprise, surprise, the Windows glossy blocks. It is gorgeous and it should had won the WOTW competition a while back, but I didn't cast a vote then.

On the 3D front, I think it is the problem with the font, and I'm hoping that Rick will have that issue worked out with the new released PDN version. I tried one last night and posted it in the Desktop Art thread, and I can't shake the feeling it is the text rendering. If it is at a large size, say, 200, it is sorely aliased. I hope you will keep at it, aguba.

Thanks Lance, and I actually did think it won the WOTW (I know it won something :P ). Hopefully you're right about the font. The font sizes I've been using are relatively small however, so I'm not sure if thats the case.

Very, very nice work! :shock: :shock: Wow! You know me, I love glassy/glossy work and viewing yours, makes me smile. It's awesome work that has inspired me ever since I saw yours when I first joined here. I'm looking forward to seeing some more work from you. :wink:

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thank you for the praise. I'm the same way, I love the gloss.

And for those concerned about the aliasing in my 3D stuff, I think I've figured it out. I use the Rotate/Zoom tool :RotateZoom: to get the perspective I want, and apparently doing so causes the transparent pixels of any anti-aliasing I have to build up along certain edges, depending on the angle I set.

The rough edge is actually pretty easy to get rid of even when using the rotate tool, but you should get rid of it before adding the 'gloss.' I do it this way. For example, you have your shape/s of a solid color, run the rotate tool. After, go to your line tool and and fill in the rough edges. Finally, add in the highlights. I do it this way, but you probably do it differently. Still, your work is amazing and those rough edges don't bother me at all. :wink:

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

The rough edge is actually pretty easy to get rid of even when using the rotate tool, but you should get rid of it before adding the 'gloss.' I do it this way. For example, you have your shape/s of a solid color, run the rotate tool. After, go to your line tool and and fill in the rough edges.Finally, add in the highlights. I do it this way, but you probably do it differently. Still, your work is amazing and those rough edges don't bother me at all. :wink:

That is the best idea in the history of forever. Ever. I cannot believe I did not think of that sooner. Thank you so so much. I owe you 48.5 cans of :mtdew: .

And to barbieq and butterfly, thank you. I probably don't deserve as much praise :P

The rough edge is actually pretty easy to get rid of even when using the rotate tool, but you should get rid of it before adding the 'gloss.' I do it this way. For example, you have your shape/s of a solid color, run the rotate tool. After, go to your line tool and and fill in the rough edges.Finally, add in the highlights. I do it this way, but you probably do it differently. Still, your work is amazing and those rough edges don't bother me at all. :wink:

That is the best idea in the history of forever. Ever. I cannot believe I did not think of that sooner. Thank you so so much. I owe you 48.5 cans of :mtdew: .

And to barbieq and butterfly, thank you. I probably don't deserve as much praise :P

I disagree, you do deserve a lot of praise. Great stuff ! I predict there will be an influx of 3D text imitating what you have done. < possum trots off to get started>

@ Helen, great idea ! WOW I never thought of that. < slaps forehead, has little effect, guess you can't slap sense into some people> Sure it would be hard on more complex things, but for that area that just ruins an image because of the AA, it will be worth the effort. Again, you are brilliant ! A big cyber hug for you !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

A big cyber hug for you !

:shock: anything with cyber is usually bad mmmkay....

oh yeah aguba you deserve every bit of praise you get. You do great 3d work.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

You guys are too kind, really. Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm a bit 3D'd out right now so I decided to turn Boom into more of a logo concept type of thing. After experimenting a bit I came up with this. Much less flashy than my 3D work, but I think it looks alright (click for full size).

boom_studios_full_gloss2-1.png

You think it looks all right? Have you lost your marble?

That is a great image! :!:

Sometime, my friend, simple is best. Too much work + too much caffeine = overkill.

How about reversing the name to "Boom Studio?" :lol:

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Awesome piece , Studio Boom rocks :mrgreen: and that was a great tip from Helen .. I seem to have problems with jagged edges too sometimes but I'm glad to see you have solved it :wink: