How to Install Plugins ×

Sprite Animation Helper (v 1.0.1.3 updated April 30, 2022)

recursor

Just registered to say: "Thanks for this great plugin!"
I'm sure it will help me a lot on my sprite-stuff, just did the first tests and all went smoothly.
I was getting tired already of creating and always changing python / ruby scripts for my batch spritesheet work needs.
Now I'll be able to spend more time programming the actual game! :D

Edited by LucasMS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I guess I found a bug that occurs when you have a non-zero offset with multiple rows.

I have my frames ordered vertically; 15 rows, single column. The whole image is 256x256. When I got the following settings:

frame size: 64x16 

offset: 16x16

columns: 1

frames: 15

the first frame is shown on the preview, others are lost (going to wrong coordinates).

When I move my image to the left of the canvas and set the X offset to 0 accordingly, the frames are displayed correctly.

It looks like the offset value is only added to the first row.

Thank you for this useful plug-in!

ewwNMq6.gif

That's not a bug but is the intended behaviour. However, I can see where the behaviour you are describing would be useful especially if the animation frames are in columns instead of rows. Give me a couple of days and I'll add a checkbox to apply xoffset to all rows. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Edited by recursor
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to manipulate the speed of the animation with out making multiple frames?

The plugin supports changing the speed of the animation by adusting the FPS parameter, but no it doesn't support different timings for each frame.

• 2 months later...

Hi, i got a small problem

The file i wanted to be done is not as expected:

.GIF instead of .BMP

only 1 frame got animated

Background isnt transparent

Heres everything recorded for further infos 

• 1 month later...

.GIF instead of .BMP

Thanks for the video. I'll look into it,

Also, do you have any plans on open sourcing the plugin?

No plans for that.

I have my desktop scaling set to 150% and the effects dialog is not usable at all. Have a look at the screenshot:

2nrjwxv.jpg

Thanks. I'll look into possible solutions.

JFI: My display scaling is 250% and as wouter said the dialog is not usable.

You should know that Paint.NET tells the OS that the application is high dpi aware. So there is no auto-scaling active.

A lot of plugins which are not property-based do not support display scaling.

midoras signature.gif

.GIF instead of .BMP

Just had a chance to look at your video, and you are using an older version of the plugin. There is a newer version you should try that fixes some issues with exporting animated gifs.

Just had a chance to look at your video, and you are using an older version of the plugin. There is a newer version you should try that fixes some issues with exporting animated gifs.

Thanks for the info ^^

But i still have a problem xD

I cant save it as a BMP. animated sprite :T

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any idea what my problem may be?

I've downloaded the dll into my effects directory.  I've restarted paint.net several times, still not seeing it in my menu.

post-147280-0-23179700-1463498230_thumb.

post-147280-0-59813800-1463498235_thumb.

[solved]

Updated paint to the newest version and it works now. 

Second question:  Is there a plug in (or another simple method), to break down a gif into frames which would be compatible in the format used by your plug in?  I think I found a couple that I'm experimenting with that may be ok, but wasn't sure if there was a newer one that you may have developed.

Edited by corleoner

Thanks for the info ^^

But i still have a problem xD

I cant save it as a BMP. animated sprite :T

The plugin only supports animated gifs

[solved]

Updated paint to the newest version and it works now. 

Second question:  Is there a plug in (or another simple method), to break down a gif into frames which would be compatible in the format used by your plug in?  I think I found a couple that I'm experimenting with that may be ok, but wasn't sure if there was a newer one that you may have developed.

I have not yet had the need to pull in an animated gif and edit its frames individually so I'm afraid I'm not much help there.

Edited by recursor

• 1 month later...

Hey, I was trying to use this plugin to separate a picture into separate pictures and I believe that I can do that with this plugin.  My issue is that the maximum width and height of a cell is 1000px.  For this image, I need 735px x 1024px cells.  Could you please either remove the maximum or raise it to something larger?  It would be greatly appreciated.  :)

• 1 month later...

I can't install the latest version of Paint.net so I have Paint.NET v3.36. Is there any way to get this to work with it? I have put it in the Effects folder and made sure the dll isn't locked, but it doesn't show up in the effects tab.

Thanks.....

There is no support for previous versions of paint.net. if you can't or won't update then you're on your own. Sorry.

• 1 year later...

Whenever I use the plugin to animate a sprite the Animation Helper window opens very small. When I resize the window to be bigger, all the text/buttons in the window remain smooshes in a tiny section of the window and are basically unusable. Any ideas on how I can fix this. I'm running the newest version of windows 10. Any help would be great! Thanks

animationHelperWindow.PNG

Try resetting your Windows scaling to 100%. Find it in Settings > System > Display

• 4 months later...

I really like Sprite Animation Helper, I just wish it would add a zero to the named frames if they happen to be more than 10, as it is now I have to manually rename the files so that they end up in the right order (2 being interpreted as a higher number than 10; but 02 wouldn't be).

Since it is activly being worked on I really hope that could get implemented some day.

Is this not a nuisance for anyone else? Or do you solve it in some other way?