Paint.NET v3.5.1 is now available

I'm capped at the moment, so I'm having trouble loading every page. I did see a few replies though. Let me clarify:

1. I have no problem with the UI looking like an OS, yes it makes it easier to fit in etc. What I have a problem with is that it looks like a clone of MS Paint in Win7.

2. I don't sit in an airport and use up my battery on PDN with moving ants. I'm a home user, as I suspect, many people here are. Moving ants don't make it 10x harder, exaggeration on my part. But when you're looking at small parts of a picture without magnification, it becomes difficult to see selections. I'd love to see a feature/options box that allows the option for ants to be put back in.

Seriously, why must everyone complain about everything, while simultaneously proclaiming themselves as an expert? I'm sick of it. Shut up or leave.

I haven't proclaimed myself an expert, neither has anyone else as far as I can tell. And people get opinions and are allowed to complain. It comes with releasing your software. No need to get all wound up. We appreciate that you do a lot of hard work, but we're allowed to find fault. Why fix what isn't broken?

Their OS and productivity suite have #1 market share for a reason.

#1 Market Share doesn't mean best quality. Eliminating marketplace competition doesn't make your product better.

Ok seriously, I said we need to get back on-topic instead of keeping this as a soapbox about "why I think the latest Paint.NET should be / should not be / should / should not / Rick's wrong / Rick's right / you're wrong / I'm right". It's all extremely repetetive and completely anti-productive. I made many judgement calls during the development of v3.5 but I didn't keep a diary about every single one of them. You just have to trust that I made an appropriate decision that didn't just take your specific needs/opinions/wants in mind.

Thread Closed

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg