How to Install Plugins ×

HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS/General Plugin Troubleshooting Thread

RaveN

pyrochild: no.

DA: I see how the whole package can be useful. I want it so I can do the "Glass Text" effect.

and SA: It's an effect, and it happens when I try to put it in Effects file or the PdN file. It happens when I try to move it anywhere. :|

Running XP

If you're the only user on your laptop, then you're probably the admin.

We need more info- what version of Paint.NET? What plugins? What are you doing? What is Paint.NET doing?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I'm using Paint version 3.22 and I'm trying to install Ed Harvey's plug-in, but whenever I open paint and check the 'Effects' box, the new additions don't appear.

I downloaded both the version made for 3.30 Beta 2 and 3.20 into Desktop(seperately) and cut&pasted it to the Paint.NET effects folder. But when I opened it repeatedly, the additions weren't there.

I'm on Vista.

2118fvd.png

Amazing. That's what the voices said, too.

Yay,I have successfully worked how to install a plugin,it was quite easy actually *slaps self in face with pillow* I moved all of the plugin files to a new folder(Plugin folder)and right-clicked on the plugin,pressed extract file and selected 'Paint.NET' then selected effects and it installed it...Im happy :D

:idea: Yes! It's on!

...But now I feel stupid because it turned out to be so easy...it kept saying that I couldn't extract it, then I tried his 3.30 Beta 2 one and, even though it still said it wouldn't extract, I clicked Extract here and cut&paste it into 'Effects'.

2118fvd.png

Amazing. That's what the voices said, too.

• 2 weeks later...
:idea: Yes! It's on!

...But now I feel stupid because it turned out to be so easy...it kept saying that I couldn't extract it, then I tried his 3.30 Beta 2 one and, even though it still said it wouldn't extract, I clicked Extract here and cut&paste it into 'Effects'.

no worries, I was like that too a month ago :lol:

Hello,

I just updated to the new Paint.net 3.30v, and now my drop shadow plugin will not work, this is the message it is giving me. Also when I first updated, i was in the middle of a project and it said error, and closed. Any help would be appreciated.

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.dll

Effect Name: Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowEffect

Full error message: System.MethodAccessException: PaintDotNet.ColorWheel..ctor()

at Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowConfigDialog.InitializeComponent()

at Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowConfigDialog..ctor()

at Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowEffect.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

I tried deleteing the plug-in and adding it all over again, but still the same thing

Thanks

~miss Rae

Please post this in the thread for that plugin.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I also downloaded PDN V3.30. Currently the splatter and drop shadow effect do not work. I also have an image below of what is currently in the Paint.Net file/Effects. The effects 'highlighted' either do not appear or do not work. For the splatter effect. The version before 3.30 worked fine. Now it says;

1 of 1
--------------
File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Splatter.dll
     Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.splatter.Splatter
     Full error message: PaintDotNet.BlockedPluginException: This plugin is known to cause stability problems, and has been blocked from loading.

pdnproblemah2.png

Please help.

hebrwe

תרגום- לעברית

על מנת לקרא הודעה זו (מה לעשות הפורום לא אוהב עברית) יש להקיש על דף האינטרנט בעכבר הימני לבחור קידוד ואז לבחור "מימין לשמאל".

על מנת להכניס את התוספות(PLUGINS)יש לבצע שלבים אלו...

להכנס לתקיית המחשב שלי ==>

לכונן המערכת בדר"כ C ==>

שם לחפש Program Files ==>

שם לחפש Paint.NET ==>

שם לחפש Effects ולהדביק בתוכה את העדכון!!!

פשוט וקל

Link removed

מאור מזרחי maor_mizrahi

I have been skimming a few of the many posts in this thread and can see that a few users have problems installing plugins.

Well, since i'm not a computer-whiz myself i have come up with an idea which would take the "pain" out of installing plugins.

My idea:

1. All plugins should be uploaded to one spot

2. Inside PDN there should be a plugin menu where users could select the plugin they wish to install and then PDN would download and install it while the user sit tight and wait ! (or fetch a cup of coffee...)

I'm aware that some of you (who are proficient in and comfortable with browsing through directories and folders) might think this that thare is no need for this, however, i can guarrantee you that quite a few of us would love this feature.

Please comment :)