RaveN

HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS/General Plugin Troubleshooting Thread

1,184 posts in this topic

Hello alfredo55,
Many older plugins do not have sample images built in - so cannot show a 'preview' image.
Does the plugin browser show sample images for my plugins or TechnoRobbo's ? (I know these all have sample images).
If it does then the plugin browser is working as expected.

Posted (edited)

On 9/1/2006 at 1:29 PM, entY8 said:

One little mistake :lol: :wink:

Hello all,

I read that the fonts should be put in the "filetypes in the paint.NET folder, but I thought they belonged in the c/windows/fonts folder.  I want to be sure although I think it is the latter where they belong.  Could you confirm this for me please?  Thank you all you are very helpful.

(Please ignore my sig, I made it years ago when I first started using PDN and haven't changed it lol)

On 9/1/2006 at 1:29 PM, entY8 said:
  RaveN said:
[...]

Find Program files, and find Paint.NET, and find effects, place the .dll file in there, if it is a font, find filetypes in the paint.NET folder

Edited by lylcoup

Fonts do not belong in the /filetypes/ folder. You're right about C:/windows/fonts/

Tip: Double click on the font file and you'll get a preview window that has a handy Install button in the toolbar

fontinstall.png

Hi whenever I upgrade to new versions of paint.net I loose nearly all plugins I downloaded and fonts and have download them all over..it is a pain!  So  now I avoid upgrading to new verions

Posted (edited)

Sounds for me extremely strange. You make something completely wrong or your PCs filesystem is heavy damaged. I've NEVER lost any plugins or fonts.

Fonts are installed and managed by the operating system, not by PDN.

Edited by IRON67

@earthangel paint.net does not remove plugins or fonts when updating.

The only thing you might find following an upgrade, is one or two older plugins which might no longer be supported.

Can you give us a specific example of a plugin which is going 'missing'?

The only way plugins would go missing is if you are doing a new install to a different directory than the old install.

Hey there, I am the new one. My english is not good. I only have one question. If i load down the updates for paint.net, are there all plugins in it or must i look by plugins. Then i have a problem or should someone write the index in german? :/. Thanks for answer.

Posted (edited)

An update for paint.net only updates paint.net. Plugins must be updated seperately, if neccessary.

You can send me a PM in german, I'm from Berlin.

Edited by IRON67