How to Install Plugins ×

HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS/General Plugin Troubleshooting Thread

RaveN

You're not the first to suggest this. I believe that Rick is looking into a mozilla-like plugin management system.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

hello i know people been going on still about plugins and all that but i aint dumb with a computer im sure ive done everything right but cant get my plugins to work.

i know about unblocking files still and extracting so ive done that. all my .dll files are in my effects folder but nothing still.

any ideas people?

help much appreciated.

Grime Ain't Dead - Bring Back The Music - Wobbly Bass Going On Still

im using v3.31 which is the latest i think ¿?

and i downloaded a plug-in package from boltbait with effects like

colorbalance

feather

flip

guassianblurplus

outline

pastel

polygon

steganography

transparency

and they've all been extracted but no changes when i open pdn

exactly lol a folder called "compatibility files" sort of splits my effects into 2 folders but its cool now cheers for your help mate you should have a beer on me

are your plugins in the effects folder but it shows the "compatibility files" folder open as well? it sounds confusing but thats what i had so i cut the plugins from "compatibility files" and pasted them into the original effects folder...

it sounds dodgy but it might help :/

are your plugins in the effects folder but it shows the "compatibility files" folder open as well? it sounds confusing but thats what i had so i cut the plugins from "compatibility files" and pasted them into the original effects folder...

it sounds dodgy but it might help :/

alright I fixed it...thanks

Since I installed version 3.31, it seems like several of the effects won't work anymore, including Feather, Tube Oblique, and some others. They don't show up anywhere in the effects menu anymore. I re-installed the effects the same way as ever, should I be doing something different?

Thanks!

Edited to add: Pyrochild's effects seem to work fine (Borders/Shapes, etc) but the ones I mentioned have disappeared from my effects menu, and don't reappear after a re-install. No 'compatibility' folder issue.

MrRezister2a.gif

Are they in any sub-menus? As I recall, "Tube Oblique" actually appears inside Distort.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 2 weeks later...