How to Install Plugins ×

Text Pro plugin (free trial)

romein

Text Pro

The Text Pro plugin helps you to create all kinds of text effects.

Download: http://www.fotoview.nl/TextPro.zip

textpro.jpg

textpro2.jpg

This plugin can be used to:

Create text outlines and text shadows

Create 3D effects and multiple outlines

Rotate and flip, warp, stretch, and shear text

Place text inside and around a circle

Insert a symbol or special character

Create extra large font sizes

Save and open a previously saved effect

English, Français, Deutsch, Español, Italiano, Português, Nederlands

To Install:

Put the "TextPro.dll" file in the Paint.NET "Effects" directory

This is usually "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects"

Text Pro is located in the Effects or Effects->Render submenu

License Information:

The Text Pro plugin is a watermarked version.

The plugin will operate normally, but images will be rendered with a watermark.

You can order the full version for 19 euro.

Shortly after completing the purchase you will receive an email with the registration key.

The watermark will disappear once you activate the product online.

http://www.fotoview.nl

• Upvote 1

Text Pro Version 1.1

November 18, 2009

Copyright © 2009 Fotoview. All Rights Reserved.

TO INSTALL:

Put the "TextPro.dll" file in the Paint.NET "Effects" directory

This is usually "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects"

Text Pro is located in the Effects or Effects->Render submenu

USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

Text Pro is shareware and is a limited version. If you want to continue using Text Pro you will need to purchase a registration key from the programs author.

WARRANTY

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

AGREEMENT

By installing Text Pro on any computer the user acknowledges agreement to the above license and warranty conditions.

REGISTRATION

To obtain a registration key for Text Pro visit the Text Pro web site for further information.

http://www.fotoview.nl

I think it is ok to post shareware or ”pay for” ware in this forum. But I think it would be nice if you clearly stated that it is in your download post.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

...I think it would be nice if you clearly stated that it is in your download post.

I agree. If this plugin is a "limited version" or crippled in some way you should tell the users exactly how that limitation applies, and how much it costs to remove the restriction.

Added "free trial" to the thread title.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Great looking plugin, but there is no way that I would even consider trying this out because I'm not paying for a plugin for a free program. I'd rather use the text functionality in GIMP. This gives Paint.NET a bad look to it.

Feel free to use this plugin or any other program to draw text.

If you need some spectacular text effects you can save yourself a lot of time (2 minutes???) for 19 euro.

What about all these Google ads and 'Donate' buttons everywhere?

Feel free to use this plugin or any other program to draw text.

If you need some spectacular text effects you can save yourself a lot of time (2 minutes???) for 19 euro.

What about all these Google ads and 'Donate' buttons everywhere?

Having a Google AdSense banner is common practice nowadays.

Donating is totally optional, and it has no effect on the software at all.

E: Oh, and I'm not trying to attack you or anything. I'm just saying the price is out of place for a plugin in my opinion. It's your plugin in the end.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Hello everybody ... :D

Since more than two years, I have always downloaded, installed and tested every plugin created to be used in PDN by people who were only trying to help others ...

But I will not even download that one.

Why ?

• :arrow: Because this idea to use a freeware program to earn money hurts my mind.
    :arrow: Because I suspect (may be I'm wrong) that this is the only finality of this plugin.
    :arrow: Because if I could pay, this would be for a complete program and not only a plugin.
    :arrow: Because this would be the first opened door for others.
    :arrow: Because the fantastic work made by Rick and others to offer us a free program could be forgotten.
    :arrow: Because I do net accept that anyone could earn money on the the free work of somebody else.

So, sorry for people who created this shareware plugin, supposed to be used in a freeware program, but I disagree this ....

Have a good day ... :)

ENOUGH!

Look, this guy is totally free to charge you if you want to use his hard work.

Personally, I think it's an awesome idea. Why not profit from your hard work? In fact, there are quite a few plugins that should cost you money... like MKT's 3D plugin, for example.

So, bottom line:

Any more complaints about this guy charging for plugins will get you banned from this site.

• Upvote 1

:arrow: Because this idea to use a freeware program to earn money hurts my mind.
Paint.NET makes plenty of money from donations. Plugin authors put a lot of time into writing and maintaining their work, and generally get nothing.
:arrow: Because I suspect (may be I'm wrong) that this is the only finality of this plugin.
Having a source of income is motivation to continue maintaining the plugin. Authors of free plugins continue to maintain their code out of the goodness of their hearts. We could easily choose to stop maintaining them. What difference would it make to us, other than suddenly having a lot more free time?
:arrow: Because if I could pay, this would be for a complete program and not only a plugin.
Plenty of Photoshop plugins cost money. Why not Paint.NET's?
:arrow: Because this would be the first opened door for others.
I have been considering charging for something I'm working on. Get over it. What's wrong with asking for compensation for one's hard work?
:arrow: Because the fantastic work made by Rick and others to offer us a free program could be forgotten.
That's just stupid. It makes no sense.
:arrow: Because I do net accept that anyone could earn money on the the free work of somebody else.
Paint.NET earns money. You think Linus Torvalds, the creator of Linux, gets nothing for his work? You think the Mozilla Foundation gets nothing for Firefox? Please, get your head out of your ... the sand.

I do think 30 USD is a lot, and I personally won't be paying it. But I will defend the authors right to charge what he wants for his hard work.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Begging the mods' pardon, I just wanted to ask for clarification of how long the free trial last. Is it a 30-day free trial period? What is the length of the limit before the plugin freezes up? Yes, I have read the author's first post, and Leif's post that quoted the license agreement, but I did not see anything that referred to a time limit.

This plugin looks to be very promising since so many users have asked for text effect similar to Word Art that is used in Photoshop and Microsoft Word.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

You naysayers do realize you just bumped his thread back to the top of the list, giving him essentially free advertising, right? :-P

@romein: I'm glad to see an enterprising person trying to make his/her way in the world. You go, dude. I hope you do well. I don't think it's worth the money, myself, but I appreciate your bravery in being the first to do this. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

You think the Mozilla Foundation gets nothing for Firefox?

Mozilla makes $100 million+ per year on Firefox. Making money by giving stuff away for free is a profitable business model for many.

Paint.NET does indeed make me money, via donations and website ads. Do you think I would tolerate the spiteful and moronic comments over at http://blog.getpaint.net/2009/11/06/a-n ... ntnet-v35/ if I weren't?

But yeah, charging for a plugin is no big deal. He won't get any preferential treatment though -- e.g., if I start getting lots of crash reports, then it'll be blocked in the next update just like any other plugin would be.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Weird: I had to unblock this plugin.

Bug: Only works on 32-bit editions of Windows. Worked fine when I used corflags.exe to force Paint.NET into 32 bit mode, and also when I forced TextPro.dll into Any CPU mode. You should compile with Any CPU.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Weird: I had to unblock this plugin.

Bug: Only works on 32-bit editions of Windows. Worked fine when I used corflags.exe to force Paint.NET into 32 bit mode, and also when I forced TextPro.dll into Any CPU mode. You should compile with Any CPU.

In the original program the Platform Target is x86 forcing the assembly to run as 32bit program.

I fixed the problem but I'm not sure if it works well on a 64bit platform.

@romein:

....I just wanted to ask for clarification of how long the free trial last. Is it a 30-day free trial period? What is the length of the limit before the plugin freezes up? ....

I've also asked you to make the terms clear. Waiting...,

The Text Pro plugin is a watermarked version.

The plugin will operate normally, but images will be rendered with a watermark.

You can order the full version for 19 euro.

Shortly after completing the purchase you will receive an email with the registration key.

The watermark will disappear once you activate the product online.