Astronomy Related

mcamp14

i see you followed the helio sig tut for that good adaptation of it. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

• 2 months later...

Hi mcamp14. I've been working to try create a nebula. It isn't easy. Anyway, I don't mean to bug you, seeing as this is your gallery and all, but you did request it, and I do have a rough idea. If this does become a tut, I promise it'll be of far higher quality.

nebulaprototype-2.png

You're an astronomer, so do you have any ideas on what features could be added to make it more realistic? Any requests?

P.S. If you don't want this here, tell me and I'll take the link down. It's just I didn't think I could reach you elseware.

Nice pics by the way. :D

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

Hi mcamp14. I've been working to try create a nebula. It isn't easy. Anyway, I don't mean to bug you, seeing as this is your gallery and all, but you did request it, and I do have a rough idea. If this does become a tut, I promise it'll be of far higher quality.

nebulaprototype-2.png

You're an astronomer, so do you have any ideas on what features could be added to make it more realistic? Any requests?

P.S. If you don't want this here, tell me and I'll take the link down. It's just I didn't think I could reach you elseware.

Nice pics by the way. :D

Hey thanks for the compliment! As for suggestions, most nebulae should have a really really bright star embedded in the nebula, some don't because of complicated gravitation events. Also, you might be able to see stars through the nebula. Finally, certain colors are more common than others. For example, if there is a star right inside the nebula and it is along your line of sight (see figure A), then you will see it really red. If there is a bright star near the nebula, the stars light will reflect and scatter more in the blue part of the spectrum than the red, therefore you will see it being really really blue. This is the reason why the sky is blue. Other colors like yellow or green will be in wisps because they are caused by the electrons being excited and dropping back down releasing a photon of light at an exact wavelength.

Sorry for the long post, this is what happens when I get talking about astronomy. :lol:

finalsig2.jpg

My Humble Gallery

Astronomy Fans group on facebook

I see things, I'm an astronomer

Thanks a ton for the input. It's almost entirely reshaped the methods I'll be using for the outline and colors of the nebula. The specs and guidelines are no longer a toss-up; it's now organized and standardized. I'll get to work on this, and I'll post progress in my gallery.

Jerry's Paint.NET creations:http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=32872

Also, if you find any good plugins for this sort of project, please let me know.

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

Would love to see more from you , lovely signature you have :P

Yeah, I have not done space stuff in a while. I am planning one right now from scratch. Most of the others are from tutorials that I expanded off of. The next one will be all me. Thanks about the sig, that is one I did from scratch. I made a full version of it to fit my desktop and I cropped it down to a sig size.

finalsig2.jpg

My Humble Gallery

Astronomy Fans group on facebook

I see things, I'm an astronomer

• 3 weeks later...
Hey thanks for the compliment! As for suggestions, most nebulae should have a really really bright star embedded in the nebula, some don't because of complicated gravitation events. Also, you might be able to see stars through the nebula. Finally, certain colors are more common than others. For example, if there is a star right inside the nebula and it is along your line of sight (see figure A), then you will see it really red. If there is a bright star near the nebula, the stars light will reflect and scatter more in the blue part of the spectrum than the red, therefore you will see it being really really blue. This is the reason why the sky is blue. Other colors like yellow or green will be in wisps because they are caused by the electrons being excited and dropping back down releasing a photon of light at an exact wavelength.

Sorry for the long post, this is what happens when I get talking about astronomy. :lol:

Just had a read of this. I will try to remember it for my spacescapes as well. Thanks very much. Well explained. :wink:

(and don`t worry about the long post, it was fascinating!)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN