~Spm3's Gallery~ (Many New Images!)

Spm3

I been using paint.net for about 1 week now. I have managed to make several things with it. I really enjoy using the program as it is the definition of user-friendly. Kudos and brownie points to Rick Brewster for creating this masterpiece.

Updates:

I'm back! w00t!

Edited by Spm3

A good start you have there. Here is a little critique, the effects could use some work. I suggest going in the tutorials section and taking a look around. There are a few signature tutorials that show you how to use flow and show you how to make some nifty effects. I recommend looking at some of tophatslash's tutorials(I think he has a couple of signature tutorials out there).

Moreover, welcome to the paint.net forum. I hope you stick around learn somethings and contribute the community.

good day,

chad

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You do realize I've been a member longer than you have, right?

Lol. :lol: Thanks. It seems like it was just yesterday I was still using Gimp, but at the same time an eternity... I don't even think I could pilot Gimp anymore, Paint.NET has spoiled me with its easiness to use. :D

I wish someone would post actual criticism though... :|

• 2 months later...

This time, I REALLY have a lot of graphics to post.

Hidden Content:

This first one was an advertisement for a club on the Yugioh Card Maker Forums; even though it is an advert I still love it.

2eowrnp.jpg

zogkz6.jpg

2vrtn43.jpg

15nsisg.jpg

2rneky0.jpg

rvysm0.jpg

This one below is regarded as one of my best. Can't say I disagree.

2mo9yty.jpg

This wasn't made in Paint.NET, but its retarded cousin, MS Paint. I feel obliged to post in anyway.

345ewsp.jpg

2urxnc9.jpg

34ysg1l.jpg

14mgduv.jpg

dmpmio.jpg

2z512fn.jpg

1zlgmtw.jpg

jaukip.jpg

33xdbfk.jpg

2z512fn.jpg

illu83.jpg

24nlb2x.jpg

358zcef.jpg

1zn9504.jpg

14ncyma.jpg

fa0mea.jpg

33yqqu1.jpg

My first Desktop Background:

http://i41.tinypic.com/in72ao.jpg

qqtrw8.jpg

Edited by Spm3

Don't get discouraged. Sometimes it takes a while for an artist to get noticed. The key is to keep new content coming at somewhat regular intervals. By posting new artworks, you naturally bump your gallery and keep it in the public eye.

But....

Don't bump. 'Tis against the rules. Unless, of course, you have new stuff to post :D

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

When I created this gallery I was hoping people other than I would actually post... I was sadly mistaken. :(

Don't get discouraged. Sometimes it takes a while for an artist to get noticed. The key is to keep new content coming at somewhat regular intervals. By posting new artworks, you naturally bump your gallery and keep it in the public eye.But....Don't bump. 'Tis against the rules. Unless, of course, you have new stuff to post :D

You know I really like your work. The number of visits & comments (or lack of) in galleries is a bit of a sore point with quite a few of us. I try to set a good example by visiting & commenting where possible & hope that the favour is returned.

What I find hard & frustrating because I have a rather slow connection is having to sort out what is new & what is old.

Hide tages are great but I hate having to go through the entire hidden content to see work.

Therefore, since I like to see new work may I suggest the following:

1. Post new work at the top of the page on the first page of your gallery.

2. In the subject header give an indication of what is new e.g. "Spm3 Gallery New Space p.1"

3. Once you have had a couple of comments on the latest then move them into the hidden section.

I used to do this & know that a lot of other artists did the same & it was a pleausre to see their new works & being able to see new works.

With the revamp of the forum I am only keeping newest ones on the gallery & the rest can be viewed at Deviant Art with a link in my sig & a note of explanation in the opening comments in the gallery.

Keeps it simple, clean.

I'd love to see your work as soon as I go to the gallery rather than hide tags. You're doing great work - show it off more.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012