How to Install Plugins ×

BlendModes Plus v2.3.5 (3/24/10)

APShredder

BlendMode is working fine. It's the operator that's not doing it right.

Let's say you want layer A to "blend" with layer B. Highlight and click on layer A, CTRL+A (to select all), and CTRL+C (to copy). Then highlight and click on layer B. Run Effect>Tools>BlendMode. Click on "Copy from Clipboard" option. Select linear dodge from the list. Click ok. Done.

wow thanks dude this si wat the thread starter shouldve said wat an idiot.

thanks dude this is awsome/

• 1 year later...

You don't need the source unless you're a programmer.

For help with installing plugins, try here:

I love blend modes. If photoshop offered custom blend modes I'd run out and buy it... that's how much I love the idea

Does your plugin offer only more modes or a way for user desined mode?

In either case can someone with a copy of my native paint.net format file benefit from the blendmode **without** having to install your plugin? somehow embedding into file? if not this is a feature suggestion

• 3 months later...

Thanks for this amazing plugin.

I have tested with 2 different photos ( actually 4 in total , 2 background and 2 for blending) , Vivid Light and Stamp blending looks exactly the same.

Could you please check if there is a bug?

Regards

• 5 months later...

Just what I was looking for but I need similar functionality from within Paint.net to use on an already loaded image I am editing. I'll keep looking. :unimpressed:

Ketchup Kid

• 4 weeks later...

Do I have to have the organizer or will plugins work without it?  Where does the organizer go, in effects???  When I tried to change the organizer's shortcut icon to something attractive it kept opening the organizer and screwing my desktop up; flashing, disappearing tray sections on desktop.  

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure why this isn't in Paint.NET as a standard layer option, but its not. It should be added to this plugin.

Bitwise AND 

It would make creating masks so much simpler. 

• 2 weeks later...

i have no clue hot to use it or find it or how to install it or what it dose.i downloaded it opened it then opened paint then looked for it but found nothing?

i tryed to copy this but dont c this anywere (Run Effect>Tools>BlendMode)

Let's say you want layer A to "blend" with layer B. Highlight and click on
layer A, CTRL+A (to select all), and CTRL+C (to copy). Then highlight
and click on layer B. Run Effect>Tools>BlendMode. Click on "Copy
from Clipboard" option. Select linear dodge from the list. Click ok.
Done.

Download the zip folder, open the zip, click on blend mode organizer  If you want all the blend modes, click on save and then open up pdn, Remember to copy the blendmode.dll to your paint.net effects folder first ;)

Edited by DrewDale

BREtKQW.png

• 3 weeks later...

Woo! My Mum has PS, but I have a fully plug'd Paint.NET! XD

sgs0xgu.png

I play lots of Minecraft, (Minecraft.net), only 'creative mode' though. View my 'builds' and other stuff here: planetminecraft.com/member/fighterbear12  :smile:

• 5 months later...

The standalone executable allows you to select which of the blend modes you want to have available.  It's not required for the plugin to operate and should be able to be run from elsewhere on your system (hint place it somewhere you can find it).

• Upvote 1

The standalone executable allows you to select which of the blend modes you want to have available.  It's not required for the plugin to operate and should be able to be run from elsewhere on your system (hint place it somewhere you can find it).

It's fine only if it's stored in the same memory disk, right?

I wish we'd all been ready.

• 3 weeks later...

Why not Adjustments > Brightness & Contrast?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bug: If the clipboard does not contain an image, there is a valid file path in the textbox, and the user selects the clipboard option, the plugin will crash.

If the image from the clipboard or file is a different size than the layer, it will be stretched to fit the whole layer. This, I think, should be optional and also respect selections. That is, if the stretching is enabled, it should stretch to the selection rather than the whole layer.

Also, an option to position the fake layer would be nice.

~yep~ mine crashes every time - hve sent crash reports - no answer yet.

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\BlendModesPlus.dll
      Effect Name: BlendModesPlus.EffectPlugin
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Byte PaintDotNet.Utility.ClampToByte(Single)'.
   at BlendModesPlus.EffectPlugin.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect.cs:line 186
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RenderWithClipMask(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 161
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderTile(EffectConfigToken token, Int32 tileIndex) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 143
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderNextTile(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 135
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 229
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 431
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 387
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass36.<RunEffectImpl>b__25() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 1026

could someone please explain this for me ....many thanks

elements 12 had 'blend' under filters in Australia

Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Byte PaintDotNet.Utility.ClampToByte(Single)'.

at BlendModesPlus.EffectPlugin.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect.cs:line 186

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RenderWithClipMask(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 161

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderTile(EffectConfigToken token, Int32 tileIndex) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 143

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderNextTile(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 135

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 229

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 431

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 387

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass36.<RunEffectImpl>b__25() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 1026

could someone please explain this for me ....many thanks

i should point out tht i have 'blend organiser' pinned to taskbar - had it on screen with the 2 i wanted to blend & that is what came up & i had to close the program.....h e l p....thank you

• 2 weeks later...

just how many crash reports do i have to send in to get some advice???  just asking - not a criticism - :GlowEffect: there must be  light on somewhere in the world

♫ HAPPY NEW YEAR ♫

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass36.<RunEffectImpl>b__25() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 1027

That crash is a bug in 4.0, one of the obsolete utility methods the plugin requires was removed.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait