How to Install Plugins ×

BlendModes Plus v2.3.5 (3/24/10)

APShredder

Thanks for the suggestions. I've thought about adding the native blend modes to BlendModes Plus, but I figured it would just be repetitive. I'd like to see what others think before I do anything there. As for allowing the order of the blend modes to be set, I'll definitely look into it. I might try coding something up either today or tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Additive, Color Burn, Color Dodge, Difference, Glow, Multiply, Negation, Overlay, Reflect, and Screen blend modes added.

Maximum and Minimum renamed to Darken and Lighten.

Also when you download the plugin, you will find a stand-alone executable file that allows you to show, hide, and organize the various blend modes to your liking.

You are certainly one busy plugin author I have seen to date. The GE award was well deserved . I hope you will be creating other jaw-dropping plugins for us woeful PDN users. :D

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Hey, do you think you may be able to create a plugin similar to Photoshop's lighting effect?

*nudge, nudge* :mrgreen:

Great idea with the stand-alone organizer!

However, I have a few UX bones to pick with you. ;-)

I thought it was a little odd that the it didn't adhere to the standard item/list selection modifier keys, Ctrl and Shift. That makes it very difficult if the user wants to move all or most of the modes to the "Show" side.

The other thing is, why does everything start on the "Hidden" side? I imagine most users would fall into one of the following three categories:

- Wants all of the modes, but wants to reorganize them.

- Wants most of the modes, and doesn't care about reorganizing them.

- Wants most of the modes, and wants to reorganize them.

I almost added a fourth, but then I realized that users who want all of the modes and don't need to reorganize them wouldn't be using the app... :roll:

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Thanks barkbark for the comments, I was actually thinking the same things early today. I agree that the organizer needs a little updating, and I was actually hoping someone would give me their thoughts about the organizer. I probably work on it a little bit later tonight.

Bit by bit, you guys churn out amazing plugins that allow PdN to have nearly the same functionality as Photoshop. First smudge, then custom brushes (although the abrViewer program doesn't work on Windows 7 :(:cry: ), now this!

Amazing job APShredder!

EDIT: abrViewer works on 7...

• 3 weeks later...

I'll see what I can do. Right now Blendmodes Plus handles transparency by averaging the transparency of the the two layers you're blending. In other photo editing programs such as Photoshop, each blend mode handles transparency differently, so I'll see if I can match BlendModes Plus' transparency handling to something similar to Photoshop, GIMP, or Paint.NET.

• 3 weeks later...

You install the file 'BlendModesPlus.dll' like any other plugin. Just place it in C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects. BlendMode Organizer is just a samll program I wrote that you can use to organizer how the blend modes are arranged in the plugin and can also be used to hide/show them. It isn't required to use the plugin, it's just there if you want to use it.

• 2 months later...

awesome plugin. I use it quite often when following photoshop or gimp tutorials that need extra blend modes. Only problem I'm running into is the fact that it only affects one layer and not all the layers beneath the layer that I run it on. To bad Rick hasn't added all these to the list of layer blend modes yet :/

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Ok so I downloaded the plugin ... my first time doing this.

I put it in the effects folder and it shows up in my paint.net but it doesn't do anything.

Maybe I just don't know how to use it.

Can someone give me some pointers.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

um.... this dosent work i need to use linear dodge and when i try and use it it makes the picture go grey not blend in and lighten. can somone mabye post a tutorial on how to us this cause it isnt working for me, thanks.

Edited by frandaman

BlendMode is working fine. It's the operator that's not doing it right.

Let's say you want layer A to "blend" with layer B. Highlight and click on layer A, CTRL+A (to select all), and CTRL+C (to copy). Then highlight and click on layer B. Run Effect>Tools>BlendMode. Click on "Copy from Clipboard" option. Select linear dodge from the list. Click ok. Done.