How to Install Plugins ×

BlendModes Plus v2.3.5 (3/24/10)

APShredder

Several problems (v3.5 Stable on Windows 7 64bit):

--

Clicking the text copy image to clipboard doesn't select the radiobutton (seems illogical given that radiobuttons can have text).

--

Repro: Load an image and switch to clipboard mode.

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\BlendModesPlus.dll
     Effect Name: BlendModesPlus.EffectPlugin
     Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at BlendModesPlus.EffectPlugin.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect.cs:line 163
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 156
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 332
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 301
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 261
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass18.<>c__DisplayClass1c.b__d() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 735

--

Repro: Copy something to the clipboard, click copy image to clipboard, wait for it to render, copy another image, switch to file mode and back.

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\BlendModesPlus.dll
     Effect Name: BlendModesPlus.EffectPlugin
     Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Coordinates out of range, max={Width=863, Height=539}
Parameter name: (x,y)
Actual value was {X=0,Y=540}.
  at PaintDotNet.Surface.get_Item(Int32 x, Int32 y) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Core\Surface.cs:line 949
  at BlendModesPlus.EffectPlugin.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Effects\Effect.cs:line 163
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.Renderer(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 127
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 332
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 301
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 261
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass18.<>c__DisplayClass1c.b__d() in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 735

KaHuc.png

Bug: If the clipboard does not contain an image, there is a valid file path in the textbox, and the user selects the clipboard option, the plugin will crash.

If the image from the clipboard or file is a different size than the layer, it will be stretched to fit the whole layer. This, I think, should be optional and also respect selections. That is, if the stretching is enabled, it should stretch to the selection rather than the whole layer.

Also, an option to position the fake layer would be nice.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Really cool new blend modes, and loving the clipboard function too. :)

While writing this post, i just had an idea. If anyone remembers my fake Advanced Tools plugin, then maybe it could become a reality. Using your blend modes, with pyro's smudge plugin, you and pyro could collab and create some awesome tools plugin that use the blend modes? I dunno if its possible.. :P Would be an epic plugin though. :)

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After I read through all the posts, I realized nobody has requested one more blending option, if it is doable at all, and that's called, "Soft Light." Any way this could be implemented?

I am totally enjoying your plug-in, my friend. This is an excellent plug-in.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

BTW, congrats on winning the GE award. I actually nominated you for that specifically because of this plugin. Keep up the great work. 8)

PS...I read your comment about Soft Light. It's no worries. Hey, do you think you may be able to create a plugin similar to Photoshop's lighting effect?

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

I like everything about this plugin. This is just wonderful. Thanks so much, it works so well and is so helpful.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 1 month later...

Suggestions for v2.+:

1. Add native PdN blend modes to list. That would make it easier to compare the extended set to those that already exist.

3. Allow for customization of the blend mode display order in the drop-down list.

Otherwise, you have very helpful and comprehensive plugin. Keep up the good work!

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster