Text not showing up

Are you typing on the topmost layer? Is the alpha value low?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Possible problems:

1. Do you have anything else selected? If so, de-select & try again on a new layer.

2. Is the font size large enough for the image?

3. Is the font colour different to the image?

4. Is the font supported in Paint.Net? Usually it will tell you if it isn't.

Try this & this doesn't help, perhaps someone else will post a response.

Hope it works for you.

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 years later...

Thanks from me to barbieq25 - I had something in a lower layer selected. For some reason I expected when I created a new layer that the selection would be released. Live and learn.

This thread is, as of 2012-02-16, the top result on Google for "paint.net text not showing". There probably have been many other people that have been helped by this 3 year old post and I am sorry if it is reviving a zombie but this thread is valuable.

Suggestion to those that are receiving use of these suggestions. Take the time to register and then give some love by clicking the green + at the bottom right of the poster that helped you. It is a little token of appreciation.

Edited by damunzy
  • Upvote 3

“There are 10 types of people in the world.

Those that understand binary and those that do not.”

–- anonymous computer geek

01100100 01100001 01101101 01110101 01101110 01111010 01111001

....I had something in a lower layer selected. For some reason I expected when I created a new layer that the selection would be released. Live and learn.

Selections persist across layers and layer operations. You would find it difficult if the current selection disappeared every time you changed the active layer boltbait.wink.png

and you're right about the dead thread too!

<closed>