Configure scanner (shows non-existent Sonix camera; no optio

Spook1

I tried using paintnet to run my scanner for the first time. When I select Acquire, it shows a non-existent camera as the only option.

Please advise how to configure paintnet to find the scanner, lose the non-existent Sonix camera and still be able to configure my Panasonic camera when I get around to needing it.

Thanks.

Or look it up in the Plugin Index

Thanks for the suggestions.

I searched both suggestions, downloaded and unzipped Twainable.zip plug-in in the Effects directory, restarted Paint.net and... no change.

First, my copy of paint.net has no "Tools" in its "Effects" menu. So I don't see how that's going to work. I checked for Paint.net updates to see if I'd somehow downloaded an old version of Paint.net with an old menu or something. No updates. :?

It did dawn on me that the Sonix camera found by Paint.net is the built-in webcam in my laptop (that I don't use). So that was irrelevant. :oops:

I can't see where I've failed to follow any instruction?

Why isn't the plug-in designed to display in File=>Acquire=>From Scanners or Camera as the menu implies and the camera does? I don't fathom the design logic. :roll:

So far, it appears that Paint.net won't run my CanoScan 8400F? :?:

What version of Paint.net are you using? I've only tried Twainable with 3.36 so I can't guarantee it to work in any of the new 3.5 versions.

The plugin shows up where it does (Tools) since I don't know how to attach it to your recommended menu through code (yes, I'm the developer of Twainable). Effects are free to name their own sub-menus under the Effects-menu (at least in code), so certain menus that aren't present prior to an effects installation may very well be visible the next time you start Paint.net.

3.36; just downloaded it a few days ago.

I've even rebooted the computer. No deal.

I'm wondering if perhaps you assumed the directory would always be C:\\Paint.NET? I chose to install it in a different directory. I can't think of anything else.

Does the scanner have to be connected and turned on for the item to show in the menu? (I've tried it, to no avail, but not since I rebooted.)

The plugin shows up where it does (Tools) since I don't know how to attach it to your recommended menu through code (yes, I'm the developer of Twainable). Effects are free to name their own sub-menus under the Effects-menu (at least in code), so certain menus that aren't present prior to an effects installation may very well be visible the next time you start Paint.net.

Indeed, effect plugins can't add/edit entries to other menus without being clever enough to risk getting removed. ;)

KaHuc.png