Sharp's Line sig Tutorial

Sharp

33z2xhe.png

That is what I got. I was curious as how you were able to get the lines to blur out so well? Unless, you did the transparent gradient tool to each individual line.. now that is dedication!

Svelte UI, btw, lol is my WOW UI that I made :P Anywho, thanks for the awesome tutorial! I will be trying to make a sig next :)

33z2xhe.png

That is what I got. I was curious as how you were able to get the lines to blur out so well? Unless, you did the transparent gradient tool to each individual line.. now that is dedication!

Svelte UI, btw, lol is my WOW UI that I made :P Anywho, thanks for the awesome tutorial! I will be trying to make a sig next :)

Do about 2 lines per layer, this makes fading them out a lot easier

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my attemt.

Btw I was sleepy and I am new to ANY pic editing program.

I did some of steps in my own way.

post-75107-127280142665_thumb.jpg

Edit**

2nd try: ( the next day) :P

post-75107-127280140644_thumb.jpg

Edit**

3rd try: (same day as ^)

post-75107-127281085521_thumb.jpg

This i made for a friend.

Btw i love how the outcome of this kinda of pics :mrgreen:

Edited by R3flect

Userbar.png

• 3 weeks later...

My try. First tut I actually finished using. :)

linesig.png

I kept chopping off pieces from the left side because I didn't like how it looked there, as the colors faded into one and looked pretty odd.. x]

I don't think I did the text part right, but oh well.

• 2 months later...

linessig.png

linessigtophalfj.png

This one's in two parts because I was making it for a forum that only allowed a max height of 100 px.

As you can see, I used Mike Ryan's alpha masking tutorial as well. I originally wanted to also use Flip's Glass, but it would've conflicted with the alpha mask shape. Also, I haven't perfectly lined it up yet :P

Edited by Epicphail

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Set your secondary color to white, select Gradient, turn the :AllColorChannels: to :AlphaChannelOnly:, and make the gradient. Keep it at linear.

You should be drawing the gradient on the same layer as the line, and they should be on a different layer than the background. For maximum results, you should be doing each line on a seperate layer and then merging them all when you're done. I like to keep my lines into three or so layers judging by their size.

• 2 weeks later...

starnstuff4.gif

Took it down a slightly different route, not much tho the gf does seem to like it :P Love this tutorial, considering i aint got much experience in pdn this sure is one hella easy tut to follow :)

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the tut!!!

Here are my ones:

post-79765-129102497316_thumb.pngI added some stars to this one for the extra kick and I managed to get it just how I liked it. I fixed the transparency on this one.

post-79765-129102450613_thumb.png This is my first one. I prefer the other one.

Edited by tuxiniator195
tuxsymbol.pngEveryone has darkness. You just need to know how to use it...

• 2 months later...

Well you have done yourself proud! I like both of them but the way you incorporated the glass box on the pink one is very effective. Well done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I had the text between the lines at one point because I remember having had trouble applying a shadow to the lines using the gradient tool. Anyway, I'm happy enough with the result without that effect.:)

th_linesig1.png

• 1 month later...

This took me so long to make... 18 layers overall, and resized from 2000x600. Here's my try.

Didn't intend to copy you, I noticed it looked like yours afterwards.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I like the added glass box that some have added. I'll have to try this one again someday. ;)

sharplinesig.png

Edit: Had to repost

Edited by doughty

SloppySig.png

EDIT: nvm.

Great results, guys!

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo