How to Install Plugins ×

Circle Text

dpy

Any chance of moving Circle Text to Effect>Text Formation? That way it is all under the same subfolder under Effect. Just a thought I had.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Any chance of moving Circle Text to Effect>Text Formation?

?

sorry , my english is poor.

I might be misunderstanding your comment.

already , it was moved to Effect > Text Formations , when it was v1.1 .

:oops: Sorry I did not realized you had changed it. I downloaded v1.2 and it works now.

Don't worry how bad your english is, there are some people who speaks english and they are not good. :D

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

• 9 months later...

dpy ~ you are amazing!

Thank you so much for this amazing plugin! The info you provided on how to use it gave me the help I needed especially after I read the word "clockwise". B) Each baby step I take feels like a miracle! Oh joy :music::lightning::music::star::music::lightning::music: whoo whoo!

Blessings, Marie

• 1 month later...

Whenever I use any of the text formation plugins I get this when I first open them and it takes a couple of clicks to get rid of it every time.Once done I can use them normally but it is so irritating that`s all.Is there any way to stop this or is it a bug that will be fixed in an update? Maybe the plugin can`t use the Aharoni font but I don`t need telling every time. They are such useful plugins as well so it`s a real shame about this. -

textpluginprob.png

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

If you install a usable font that is alphabetically before Aharoni it should eliminate the problem.

Examples:

Aerofoil

AdineKimberg-S

Edited by Sarkut

• 1 month later...

Plugin installation: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/forum/36-how-to-install-pluginsgeneral-plugin-troubleshooting/

Plugin location:

Menu > Effects > Text Formations>CircleText

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Got the download & have played but still can't figure out how to do quite what I'm looking for. I need a slight arch not a full/ half circle one. How do I do that? I've played with almost every # on there but nothing seems to change that.

Also, can I still use the colors with this plug in? So I have colored text?

For a slight curve, see my post in ths thread:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Is there anyway to change the text's colour using circle text?

As far as I'm aware, you need to pick your colour first from the colour wheel before you run circle text ;)

BREtKQW.png

• 6 months later...

Just curious if it's possible to get the radius to go higher than 1000? I am working on a rather large project and looks like I'm going to need at lease 2000.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

First of all, thank you greatly for all the plugins.  Secondly, I have the same question as mrgillus.  The circle text plugin is great for creating curved/arched text for most projects.  However, I am working with a larger project that requires a radius larger than 1000.  Is it possible to enhance the circle plugin so that I can enlarge the radius even further?  Thank you very much!!!

If you put the circle of text on its own layer, then you can make it bigger. Another option might be to put once space between each letter. Not really what you were looking for but these are the best options I can think of at the moment.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 months later...

I actually have a relatively particular request...

I need a larger radius. More specifically a radius of ~2500. However this plugin is limited at 1000.

Can you possibly eliminate the radius limit? (Or atleast raise it substantually.)

--

To explain. I am building a watchface for my Android Wear device using an application called "Wear Picture Watch". And it allows me to rotate images based on time. [seconds, Minutes or Hours].

So what I want to do is create a few very large circle with the numbers [0-59],[1-12],[0-23] and essentially have them spaced such that only one number is on the screen at a time. And in turn rotating whatever fraction (IE 1/60th for 60 seconds) will place the next number in the exact position of the first, and so on.

This is why I need such a huge radius. Because I want the fonts to be larger [higher-res], and then the spacing also needs to be quite vast.

• 1 year later...

This plugin doesn't paint some Unicode symbols, such as Runic (ᚠᚢᚦᚫᚱᚲᚷᚹ).

Usual Text tool types them well (Arial font), but CircularText puts rectangles.

Can it be corrected, please?

Thank you very much!

I love dpy's plugins and Pant.Net in general.

All the best to all beings!

<3

• 4 months later...

So is this plugin limited to only certain fonts? Because I'm trying to use it with a font I downloaded more recently & it's not coming up as an option.  :(

(I have version 1.2. There an updated version I need?)

Edited by Rickenbacker

Have you correctly installed the font? What type of font is it? Can you use the font in paint.net?