[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

smileys-smiley-mit-schild-314114.gif

I know everyone must be terribly busy at this time of the year - but I'm hoping for more entries for the Christmas Garland Competition.  Or ............... it can be delayed for a week, if enough members ask :D ....... I await your responses

xmas-snowball-fight-smiley-emoticon.gif

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

My opinion is, don't let it die a slow death (kill it now).  I know people are busy, etc...but, even I found this challenging (and it was my idea!)  :lol:

Unless someone is currently working on a submission and needs a couple/few extra days, I say stick to the deadline and let's move on.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, welshblue said:

Valentine's Day  saves me a PM ... I was going to pick that ... tough new host less than 24 hours after winning :D:P

Sorry, Welshy.  Just call it 'first-time' jitters!  Regardless,  the theme was gonna be Valentine's...:D

36 minutes ago, welshblue said:

Why ?  I'm more than happy with how it is.  Same results ... great art by all the entrants.

29 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

Well, with the way it stands, I'm pressured to enter. :P

Now you're both under pressure!   :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any special reason the poll for 'Valentine’s Day' is open for two weeks, rather than the normal one week?

I'm not necessarily saying two weeks is bad; I'm just curious as to why.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

44 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

Is there any special reason the poll for 'Valentine’s Day' is open for two weeks, rather than the normal one week?

I'm not necessarily saying two weeks is bad; I'm just curious as to why.

If you go back to Page 76 in this Discussions Thread - June  16, 2017 - this is when it was decided, due to dwindling entries, to make it a fortnight.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

1 hour ago, toe_head2001 said:

My question still stands...

I think the question ("Is there any special reason the poll for 'Valentine’s Day' is open for two weeks, rather than the normal one week?") assumes an incorrect premise that the normal SOTW entry period is one week. As Pixey mentioned, around the middle of last year it was changed to two weeks, in order to attract more entries. All the contests since then have lasted two weeks. Even before it was officially changed, the entry period period was often -- more often than not, I believe -- extended when there were too few entries.

EDIT: Obviously I need a course in reading comprehension. I skipped right over the word "poll."

Oops, my bad.  I incorrectly assumed the poll was also open for two weeks...(I never checked :roll:...never assume...)

All fixed now.  Sorry for any inconvenience.  Thanks, @toe_head2001 for pointing that out!    :)

My fault :doh: sorry.  What a difference one word makes :lol:.  It's official ..... I had a blonde/senior moment when reading Toey's post.

30b8T8B.gif

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

I noticed about half the entries in the current poll were broken postimg.org images, so I've fixed them

Thank you toey.  I was on the SOTW poll a couple of times yesterday and could see all images just fine; so I didn't know there was a problem.  

These hosting websites are getting weird...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Seerose     Go back to my comp posting.  There are three (3) links that will help you.

The theme is taking an image and making it look like a tiny miniature toy set if done properly.

Good luck!!  ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, doughty said:

I'm missing something. If didn't use up all my votes in past comps, I use to be able to go back and vote again. Is that possible now?

No, once you cast your vote(s), you can't change/add votes.

Sorry if you only selected one, but meant to select a few others too.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab