Sozo

[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

1,897 posts in this topic

We have a tie in the Favorite Place Competition.  In order to decide who gets to choose the next entry, I propose to toss a coin - if you trust me?  Or, if anyone has another idea, please do step up with your ideas.  Many thanks all :).

Go for it!

If it's a matter of tossing coins, you can borrow any of my three eagle coins... or you can toss one of your own. No problem at all :)

Three_eagle_coins_from_Gears_plugin.jpg

Oh .........the pressure smileys-angstlich-977485.gif .  I tossed a coin (with the head of George Washington) and @Woodsy won the toss.  Thank you @Maximilian for being so understanding and for the lovely three coins which I can use now for an ice cream :) .

This was fun-- Let's do it again! 592b30edbf701_raising-waving-hand.gif.58f9b5d6085dcf4ad268d90e35b47c28.gif

Woodsy has indeed chosen a nice topic to work on Viannen_nudge-boy.gif

Thank you Max! It's hard to pick something that hasn't been picked before. I think Pixey did a good job with the Favorite Place!

Pixey mentioned tossing a coin. Coins or currency might make an interesting subject some time in the future.

Actually I might suggest a coin for the Object of the fortnight.

Does that mean you don't like my choice of "shadows"?

Not at all my friend ;)

1 hour ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

an interesting subject some time in the future

Maybe "shadow coins"  just like my real world money disappears 1f60f.png.57b0fe5ecd1107c7b9eed1dd8fb7be28.png

smileys-smiley-mit-schild-314114.gif  again!

I am going to extend the entry date on SOTW#169 - 4th July - as things seem a tad slow for this theme.  I know I haven't been able to get to my computer much lately, and perhaps it's happening to others too.  So the new date is to be SATURDAY 24th June, 2017.  Hope to see a few entries by then :D.

Thank you for extending the deadline Pixie! I know I've been preoccupied but maybe I should have chosen another subject instead of the 4th of July.

If it were up to me (despite contradicting the name "SOTW" ), I'd make all SOTWs last two weeks. In fact, I thought at some point it was decided that that would be done.

I'm with MJW. I feel one week is not always enough to complete a project, or more than one if a person wants to submit a few entries.

10 hours ago, Woodsy said:

(...) maybe I should have chosen another subject instead of the 4th of July.

It's a good theme, Woodsy. As good as any other!

I also like the Fourth of July theme, and hope to submit an entry. It might be a bit USA-centric, though. On the other hand, I think holidays are fun themes, and would gladly do holidays from other lands. Maybe Guy Fawkes Day come November (Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!). I see that Argentina celebrates Independence Day on July 9th, so perhaps the theme could be expanded to Independence Day.

And France celebrates their independence day (Bastille Day) on July 14th.

21 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Thank you for extending the deadline Pixie! I know I've been preoccupied but maybe I should have chosen another subject instead of the 4th of July.

There is definitely nothing wrong with the theme @Woodsy as there are many options to use for it.  I guess it will have to be SOTWFortnight until, or whenever, we get inundated with entries again ;).

Perhaps  the 4th of July theme may have been better as an independence day theme to include other countries.  IMO I think an American only topic excludes people from other countries wanting to enter (not everyone on this forum is America Patriot)  I can't think of an entry apart from what has already been submitted by others. 

I think the low turn out (so far) reflects this :(  

So with the approval of the powers to be lets make it an Independence Day theme. ( my negligence )

I will change the theme name, forthwith, to Independence Day and extend it one more day to Sunday 25th June .

Not a lot of Americans have submitted an entry thus far, even though the 4th July is American ;).

Being the traditionalist I am, I wish that the competition would continue to be called Sig of the Week, even if the entry period is normally extended to two weeks. In the past, the entry period has often been extended -- on occasion, up to three weeks, I believe -- without changing the name.