[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

LOVE it @MadJik :D.  I'm working on mine as we speak!  But ................ please post your entry in the Entries area, found here: https://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/111578-sotw171-a-snail-on-a-salad-leaf-entries/

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

5 hours ago, MadJik said:

@Pixey I did post in the entries area before here. As my internet connection is messy on this ressort, an error has occurred ...

EDIT: also this answer stay unpublished till now....

Ahhh - got it @MadJik - I must learn not to be so 'finger happy' :weather-lightning:.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I can't see neither yours nor Madjik's entry at all.   Nothing clickable on Madjik's....your is clickable but goes to a blank page.   :(

@lynxster4 - That's odd.  I can see them both just fine.  Mine is not supposed to be clickable - as it's posted as the allowable size for the comp entry ;).

@MadJik's may be missing due to his server ...... he mentioned he had trouble with it sometimes :(.

Edited by Pixey
added more

30b8T8B.gif

Odd, odd....your comp post just has    'Final_Snail.png'   that's it; no picture.  I see your using PostImage...hopefully they don't start giving us problems.

I'll check again when I get home from work.  :)

I can see both images.

Pixey yours is clickable. It takes me to your image on Postimage.

Lynxster that happened to me before and clearing the cache solved it. I used CCleaner.

43 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Pixey yours is clickable. It takes me to your image on Postimage.

I didn't realize it was clickable :lol:.  I've only just begun using Postimage (also still use Imgur) so am getting used to the links slowly ;).

30b8T8B.gif

7 hours ago, MadJik said:

...the snails are really slow to appear... :roll:

It may be just you and me my friend smileys-boxen-036247.gif

30b8T8B.gif

1 hour ago, MJW said:

I wouldn't be too concerned yet. There's still a week left.

That's nearly a year in snail time .:roll:....... off for my nap now,   Tootles

• Like 1

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

• 3 weeks later...

@welshblue - Thank you so much :D.  'Tis funny - I didn't notice the ear until you pointed it out.  And ....... so it does flop from side to side.  I think I must have made an ear a slightly different shape on one of the layers (I had to make 8 different positions) and it ended up like that.  A case of - if I'd tried for that it probably wouldn't have worked :lol:.

30b8T8B.gif

Apologies @Maximilian - I just posted the Poll when your message arrived.  However, I really think that 2 weeks is sufficient for entries.

30b8T8B.gif

In my opinion, the themes should be less specific. "Snail on a salad leaf" and "baby pandas" limit the sig possibilities too much. SOTW theme's should allow a variety of interpretations.  Good themes: "Halloween," "Fire," "Mosaic," "Cubism." Bad theme: "Armadillo riding a unicycle."

23 minutes ago, MJW said:

In my opinion, the themes should be less specific. "Snail on a salad leaf" and "baby pandas" limit the sig possibilities too much. SOTW theme's should allow a variety of interpretations.  Good themes: "Halloween," "Fire," "Mosaic," "Cubism." Bad theme: "Armadillo riding a unicycle."

I did suggest this to @MadJik - but he really, really wanted the Panda.

5 minutes ago, welshblue said:

@Pixey mine and @MadJik's entries have shrunk ? (I'm not bothered,  just curious)

Sorry @welshblue - but it's not my doing.  It's the forum software's fault.  It shrinks the entries automatically.  Mine only looks bigger as it's upwards.

Edited by Pixey
  • Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

I've just done a quick calculation on what the Poll Software does and it seems that if you post an image roughly 500 x 200 it will reduce the size by 80%.  My entry was a lot smaller to begin with and it didn't make it any smaller.  So, I guess if one wants the Poll image to show at a slightly bigger image, you must post something a bit smaller then 500 x 200 =O.

The same thing happens in @toe_head2001's comps and I recall that @MJW was concerned when it first happened.

30b8T8B.gif

1 hour ago, toe_head2001 said:

It only reduces the image sizes when you view the poll results. When you're casting your vote(s), they should display at the actual size.

... As far as I can tell ...

No, that's not the case.  i.e. My Apple entry was 463 x 516 and became 395 x 734 in the Poll.  The Poll size stays the same whether casting the vote or viewing it for the results.  You can check this when you set up the shield Poll.

Edit:  It seems the Poll software does not resize the vertical images.  It's curious in the Filled Glass Comp where the software resized most of the entries, but left one of @MadJik's and @MJW's at the same initial size.

Edited by Pixey

30b8T8B.gif

@MJW

Ok, the snail was perhaps a joke but I wanted to let you (the forum) work on something French.

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:23 PM, MadJik said:

Hi Pixey,

This week France was witness of a world event: birth of a baby panda in a Zoo.

What would be my theme for the next run : baby panda.

regards.

MadJik

Then I chose the theme linked to a happy news, of global scope, even better as it is located in France!

But it is the game. The winner has the choice of the next theme. I'm far from the best of the forum. If the number of entries remain low I still have chances to be able to choose the next theme. Or that nobody votes for one who does not choose the ideal themes ...