[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

Oh .........the pressure smileys-angstlich-977485.gif .  I tossed a coin (with the head of George Washington) and @Woodsy won the toss.  Thank you @Maximilian for being so understanding and for the lovely three coins which I can use now for an ice cream :) .

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

This was fun-- Let's do it again! 592b30edbf701_raising-waving-hand.gif.58f9b5d6085dcf4ad268d90e35b47c28.gif

• Upvote 3

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

Pixey mentioned tossing a coin. Coins or currency might make an interesting subject some time in the future.

Actually I might suggest a coin for the Object of the fortnight.

Not at all my friend ;)

1 hour ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

an interesting subject some time in the future

• Upvote 1

Maybe "shadow coins"  just like my real world money disappears 1f60f.png.57b0fe5ecd1107c7b9eed1dd8fb7be28.png

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

• 2 weeks later...

smileys-smiley-mit-schild-314114.gif  again!

I am going to extend the entry date on SOTW#169 - 4th July - as things seem a tad slow for this theme.  I know I haven't been able to get to my computer much lately, and perhaps it's happening to others too.  So the new date is to be SATURDAY 24th June, 2017.  Hope to see a few entries by then :D.

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

If it were up to me (despite contradicting the name "SOTW" ), I'd make all SOTWs last two weeks. In fact, I thought at some point it was decided that that would be done.

• Upvote 1

I'm with MJW. I feel one week is not always enough to complete a project, or more than one if a person wants to submit a few entries.

10 hours ago, Woodsy said:

(...) maybe I should have chosen another subject instead of the 4th of July.

It's a good theme, Woodsy. As good as any other!

• Upvote 1

I also like the Fourth of July theme, and hope to submit an entry. It might be a bit USA-centric, though. On the other hand, I think holidays are fun themes, and would gladly do holidays from other lands. Maybe Guy Fawkes Day come November (Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!). I see that Argentina celebrates Independence Day on July 9th, so perhaps the theme could be expanded to Independence Day.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Thank you for extending the deadline Pixie! I know I've been preoccupied but maybe I should have chosen another subject instead of the 4th of July.

There is definitely nothing wrong with the theme @Woodsy as there are many options to use for it.  I guess it will have to be SOTWFortnight until, or whenever, we get inundated with entries again ;).

30b8T8B.gif

Perhaps  the 4th of July theme may have been better as an independence day theme to include other countries.  IMO I think an American only topic excludes people from other countries wanting to enter (not everyone on this forum is America Patriot)  I can't think of an entry apart from what has already been submitted by others. 

I think the low turn out (so far) reflects this :(  

ZXCBOoZ.png

I will change the theme name, forthwith, to Independence Day and extend it one more day to Sunday 25th June .

Not a lot of Americans have submitted an entry thus far, even though the 4th July is American ;).

30b8T8B.gif

Being the traditionalist I am, I wish that the competition would continue to be called Sig of the Week, even if the entry period is normally extended to two weeks. In the past, the entry period has often been extended -- on occasion, up to three weeks, I believe -- without changing the name.

• 3 weeks later...

So far I've avoided taking part in competitions mainly for two reasons. One is I'm not good with deadlines. The other is that I don't like to "chat" through forums (in general, not this one in particular). I mean I usually can't be bothered to say "thank you" and "you're welcome" and I realise that can be seen as rude, especially when people compliment your work or (even worse) when they vote for you.  :D    (I even imposed a "no chit-chat" rule on a forum I used to moderate).

When the "Favourite Place" SOTW competition was announced, this image was fixed in my head:

b1HQEKm.png

When I finally got around to draw it, the competition was over. TBH, I don't think I'd have entered even if I had finished it in time.

Now, when the current competition was announced, I thought of the image I entered. I was given a second chance to enter the (more or less) same image. I consider this as a one-off entry, but I couldn't pass.

Edited by Djisves
typo

Xkds4Lh.png

So pleased you decided to put in an entry this time @Djisves :D.

Don't worry, a lot of people feel the same way as you do about commenting on others' work all the time.  It is time consuming ...... but I know you do press the green button ............ so that's just as good :lol:.

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has not yet voted in the Bird Comp - please take the time to do so ................... as we have a three-way tie at the moment  :|.

https://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/111554-sotw170-poll-open-birds/

30b8T8B.gif

No disrespect intended, and I apologize for complaining, but isn't "Snail on a Salad Leaf" both a bit too odd and a bit too specific for a SOTW theme? Maybe as an Object of the Fortnight it would make more sense. I think SOTW themes should be fairly broad. This theme seems to me to be very restrictive.

I don't think there has ever been a rule for SOTW that says the theme has to be broad.  It was @MadJik 's choice, as a winner of the last comp, who got to choose the subject ;).

30b8T8B.gif