[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

Yay - we have received two entries overnight :D.  Yes, I agree @Maximilian about extending the date - hope to see an entry from you B)@LionsDragon I do hope you will recover soon from bronchitis (Ugh) and will join us by next week.  Perhaps with an image of a lozenge :lol:.

Competition extended to Saturday 4th March 2017.

Edited by Pixey
added info
  • Upvote 2

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thank You Pixy for this interesting foray in to the "thermal zone", so to speak. Some very hot stuff on the entry side.---groan

LionsDragon keep getting well;  it'll only  seemingly be forever.  But rest, eat well, drink liquids and before you know it you'll be well

• Upvote 2

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

• 3 weeks later...

About the SOTW #164, should I post the sigs individually (like in Object of the Fortnight)? Or should I post them in a single comment? :/

(Please, be careful. Some of the sites I'm on might not be family-friendly. 😱 )

It's normally one sig per post in this contest as well. If you want to submit more than one sig, then you should make one post for each sig you want to submit.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Maximilian said:

It's normally one sig per post in this contest as well. If you want to submit more than one sig, then you should make one post for each sig you want to submit.

Thanks. :]

(Please, be careful. Some of the sites I'm on might not be family-friendly. 😱 )

Hello Everyone,

I think I will extend the SOTW #164 for another week.  So, it is now open for entries until:

SOTW #164 - Cubism - 25th March 2017 7 pm (UK) -  3 PM EST

Also I'd like to mention here that @Woodsy would like to apologize to everyone for not being able to comment on all your latest images/polls, etc; as he is laid up at the moment and is unable to work at his computer.  Get well soon @Woodsy smileys-get-well-soon-236760.gif

Edited by Pixey
wrong date
  • Upvote 3

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Puff puff -whew, I made the deadline!  Thanks Pixey for my-er the extension.

* woodsy get better; starting now, please.

• Upvote 3

Scooter

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight I created a 'Rubber Stamp' effect, so you can now rubber-stamp your Postage Stamps.

Like so:

mona-1.png ---> stampStamp.png

EDIT:

Get it here: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/111225-rubber-stamp/

• Upvote 6

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Oh, Great, itsnotfair_zpsqqqr3mfx.gifI can't make a stamp come out very good, but now at least I can Cancel It... getsmileyCAG8F3MF.gif

Seriously, toe_head Good Job - Thanks

Scooter

For anyone that has tried the 'Rubber Stamp' pluggin, let me know if it's working well for you; I want to officially publish it soon. I posted the preview here, given the current SOTW topic.

As some of you may have guessed, it's just the Clouds effect masked to the object in the layer.

I got the idea from this tutorial I saw many years ago.

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

8 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

For anyone that has tried the 'Rubber Stamp' pluggin, let me know if it's working well for you; I want to officially publish it soon. I posted the preview here, given the current SOTW topic.

As some of you may have guessed, it's just the Clouds effect masked the object in the layer.

I got the idea from this tutorial I saw many years ago.

1-Yes Tried it, Didn't know what I was supposed to DO with it, but it works just fine.  The resulting page of clouds were nice, so I just used "eraser" and combined the result with another picture and there  had a "canceled" picture. Which I promptly deleted 

2-Hadn'ta clue

3- Waaaay back there, when paint.net was just three colors and a brush (:lol:)

4- Now that I know the origin, I can go back and use it more effectively.

Nice job of work.

Scooter

Working great @toe_head2001 and many thanks for the plugin.  Of course this dum-dum at first thought it did it automatically, until I realized one had to draw the circle and lines first :mrred:.

fv8ECEV.png

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

Hello everyone :).  I am going to extend the SOTW#166 - Carnival/Circus to Saturday 29th April 1974 in the hope that we may get more entries.

(Scooter, Scooter - where are you?) (Maximilian too :mrred:)

• Upvote 2

30b8T8B.gif

Dear Pixey                         Your wish is my command. 

Sorry, got caught up counting tumble weeds and totally forgot the time. .tumble.gif

P.S. in California its 2017, so did I make the dead line? b9d093d7.gif

Edited by Scooter

Scooter

23 hours ago, Maximilian said:

LaieA_053.gif

Well Said. roflmao.gif

22 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

@Pixey, I grew up around the circus so at first I thought it wouldn't be fair...but then I realized I couldn't say no. :) Working away!

LionsD of course its not fair (you do such good work and now with two mighty fine entry's).   Good thing I not the jealous type [well I Am, but what the heck]. Good Talent like yours  shouldn't be put under a bushel basket  (besides I'm taking up most of the room in there getsmileyCAS2JLY0.gif  )

To ALL and sundry:

Humblest apologies for the double entry in the "contest arena".  I Didn't realize I did that- I'm such a goof some times- but guess I'll just let remain (unless one of the Mighty-Cool-Mods wants to blast it to smithereens -er- delete it.) Oh!, And Not the Second one, please--It's my entry (just in case you were confused) :smile: 

Remember: All you talented PDN'ers,  don't forget to vote for me ,  your favorite, come election day. wink.gif

• Upvote 1

Scooter