[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

@ nitenurse and barbie, your entries are so beautiful, you gals have raised the level, this will be a hard comp. :)

@ midora, two awesome animations, I love them both equally, and like more your creativity.

Another take on the PDNAnimator, thinking of animating waterfall photo and fire with same idea, but they are all on hold till the final release of your awesome plugin, to get the GIF files.

This is a quick try on the meteor, I like the result, and the plugin makes the work much easier by saving the PDN and view it right away in the plugin, then make the corrections:

Click for bigger size'

th_meteor.gif

Layers are %100 PDN

How can I attatch the ZIP file of PDN file here?

EDIT2: As the SOTW thread is closed, I would like to thank here everyone for the kind words, and congrats winners, of course everybody here is a winner to me.

@ doughty, thanks so much, it is really so simple for a tutorial, but I don't mind at all to write a tute. lets keep it till midora's plugin official release.

Edited by yellowman

... but you've still got to work with what nature gave you

580 frames in the balloon one. Yikes

But just 3 layers. So the tool did the job.

Slow animations need a lot of steps and you have to create 24 fps or it starts to jump...

midoras signature.gif

Midora, that is impressive. I like the way you coloured it red too. Well done!

Happy about the positive feedback from all of you.

I guess you know this type of coloring is easy. Convert the image to geayscale and use the curves adjustment to set the blue and green channel to zero.

midoras signature.gif

@ doughty, thanks so much, it is really so simple for a tutorial, but I don't mind at all to write a tute. lets keep it till midora's plugin official release.

It is simple if you know how to do it ;-) Still there is more than just using a plugin. I.e. to use dark stripes above and below of the text to increase the 3D effect. To have an idea about the final composition and what you like to express helps to reach a good result.

Maybe a subforum dedicated to animations would be an idea. But this is a moderator thingy,

midoras signature.gif

Maybe a subforum dedicated to animations would be an idea. But this is a moderator thingy,

Feel free to start a thread devoted to animations in the Grand Theory of Everything. If there is enough traffic it might warrant it's own subforum.

It must be a hard comp, so far only 2 entries. :(

Yes, come on guys & girls! We do need more entries.

Well ladies, for my part it's not an issue of not wanting to. Things have been extremely busy lately at work, so w/the exception of a few periodic replies to threads here and there via my phone during break @ work, I haven't had much of an opportunity to do much w/PDN. With a 3-day weekend before me, maybe I can do something, but am uncertain right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Grunge: Dishevelled, perhaps dirty, somewhat chaotic, counter-culture inspired. Generally strong elements and contrasting colors applied with apparent force.

• 2 weeks later...