print actual size?

brown705

Hi all:

I modified, cropped, and resized a digital photograph in order to fit in a small picture frame. When I try to print it, the "photo printing wizard" gives me only a few printing options like full page, 5x7, 4x6, wallets, etc. How do I print something in the actual size set from the Image -> Resize feature in PDN? The frame is 2x3, by the way, which is how I sized the photograph.

Michael

The option to print without using microsoft's picture printing wizard would be nice for 3.0+ as a lot of people use PDN for graphics that don't really fit well into the standard, 4x6, 5x7, etc. format.

Lawless%20government%20sig.png

can't you just save the images and select it in explorer and print it like that. I know on my (XP)system it doesn't use the picture printing wizard by default.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

can't you just save the images and select it in explorer and print it like that. I know on my (XP)system it doesn't use the picture printing wizard by default.

When I right-click from Explorer and select Print, the Photo Printing Wizard starts up. Maybe you have some software installed that is set as the Print action.

I suppose I could just expand the canvas to 4x6 and print it. It should keep the picture sized the way I have it then when I tell the lame Photo Printing Wizard to print 4x6.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Michael

Open in it in MS Paint (I hate it too) and it prints regularly.

Great idea, but it didn't work for me; it printed much larger than 2x3 inch.

I have a jpg that is set with a print size of 2x3, but the resolution is 230 pixels/inch, which makes it 690x459 pixels. Does it have to be set to a lower resolution in order to print properly with MS Paint?

Michael

I also have this problem. If you print in paint, you'll get the size of 72dpi. Direct printing the actual size to the printer is a must-have function.

kway,

To print the 2x3 picture actual size, I sized the picture so and then changed the canvas size to 8.5x11, then printed on a heavy stock sheet of paper to a color printer. Last step is to get the scissors out...

Michael

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I had this problem when trying to print some photos a specific required size. Happened when I tryed using most of my photo/paint programs. So I printed them in Word, which worked fine.

It was very frustrating at first trying to print actual size in paint.net.

Definately looking forward to seeing that become an option in near future updates.

thanks for a good program though...

Hi there paintnetuser99 - welcome to the forum!

This topic is almost six years old. We should treat it like it is out of date and closed (i.e. don't reply to it).

If you would like to raise the subject again - please just create a new topic. Thanks.

<closed>