how to watch a movie with Paint.NET

slj

The title may seem awkward, but last night I discovered an interesting fact of paint.net, i don't know if it was meant to be, but anyway, here's the tutorial.

What we are goint to do is making a movie play in paint.net and then we can draw on it on another layer (the movie layer will not be saved though)

1. What you need

- Paint.net (paint works too if you want)

- VLC media player (get it here )

- Brains (not necessary though)

2. Setting up Paint.NET

1. Fire up Paint.NET

2. Take the standard canvas size (800 x 600) or larger if you want

3. Fill the background layer with special black, Hex code : #000001

4. Rename the layer with the special black to Movie or some sort

5. Make a new layer, where you can draw with any color, except the #000001 black

Image (click me!!!)

3. Setting up VLC media player

After you installed VLC, open it and open your favourite movie file, i used my DVD of Harry Potter, but an ordinary .avi, .mpg, etc.., are okay too.

After that, let the movie play maximised, not fullscreen, where the movie is playing, there the movie will play in Paint.NET.

And then, open Paint.NET again with the special black and enjoy drawing on and with movies!!!

Note : I couldn't make a picture of that, because when you print-screen vlc's movies, you get the special black)

Note 2 : Remember, you can't save the movie layer, it will always be black.

PS: If this didn't work for you, please note that this wasn't a joke, as i don't know on which computers it will work.

I didn't know you could do this, seems difficult, considering there is Youtube :D.. But good tut, 8/10 its deffinitly original! :)

The post above probably has crappy art.. Just look past that

:D

Heh. This is because of the Video Overlay. Quite cool, no? :-P You can get the same results by hitting Print Screen while the media player is open and pasting it into your image.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

just hit Shift+S to make a screen-shot in VLC, if you pause the movie, you can afterwards hit the e-key and VLC will move to the next frame, so you can take several screen-shots to make your animation. VLC will come through any app that's black, doesn't have to be an image editor. but there's no point in watching a movie like that.

JCgOlMlw.png

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...