PS-like grunge sig-Render, colours, smudging, layers + light

This is what we will be making

landmastersiggrungePNG.png

You will need the

Smudge plug-in.

And curves+

Nebulous

Follow this tutorial for the background cloudy effect. I didn't use this but it gives the exact same effect and is a lot easier and faster. Make sure you don't make it too dark. I did and if you do just use adjustments-lighten until it looks like my starting image.

Open up your render. I used this but it should work with most renders. Paste it onto a new layer above the background.

82317774.png

Dup the Background and move the layer to the top. Go to the layer with the render and select the render using the magic wand (you can select around the render and press ctrl I to invert). Delete this selection from the second Background layer.

Not go to effects-distort-smudge and use the paint brush. Twist it over the edge of the render. Don't cover to much up. Dup the layer and set the top one to overlay.

29161426.png

Now dup the render 5 times and move these 5 to the top.

From bottom to top (not including original) do this.

1. gaussian blur 7 px and set layer a addictive.

2. Motion blur at 20 pixels (the angle changes on which way you want the render to come from.) and untick centered.

3. Leave how it is.

4. Set layer mode to lighten

5. Adjustments-black and white - lower opacity to about 180 - set to multiply. You may need to adjustments-lighten this layer.

82315749.png

Now for more smudging. Dup the bottom layer. Erase over render. Smudge (use paintbrush) over back of render (so if it is coming from left smudge over the left) and erase anything not smudged.

Set to overlay. This makes it look like it is coming out of the background and tints the colour.

44559223.png

Make a new layer and select paintbrush tool. Draw red colour dots everywhere at any size.

Select them all using Magicwand on global setting.

Run nebulous at default settings.

effect-blur-zoom zoom blur. Move blur amount to full and select where you want the light to come from. I choose on the left hand side. Press ctrl F twice, maybe more depending on how big your image is and how many dots you did. The more times you run it the more light.

Whack that layer on colour dodge at 240.

Tadda. That should do it.

Extras:

Add a border. Just draw around the edge in black.

Dirt. Using the splatter plug-in (no line width and about 3 on splat size) or paintbrush. Blur down at about 3-6 pixels.

landmastersiggrungeForegroundPNGres.png

Colour: If it is looking a bit dull brighten it up by adding a gradient on an overlay layer.

It turns out like this.

FerarrisiggrungePNG.png

Post your outcomes

I have attached the render I used.29283_cd6a9b5150833149f1739ab191f8a406

OUTCOMES:

file.php?id=4613&mode=view

FerarrisiggrungePNG.png

landmastersiggrungeForegroundPNGres.png

NMHsigtextless.png

It's so hard to make a sig that fits in the size requirements, *sigh*

My photobucket

That's a really neat effect. Not exactly my definition of a Photoshop style sig, but still really nice. I'm also wondering why you didn't show the complete steps from what you said the result was. You have all these colors in the sig you said we'll be making, but at the end of the tutorial it's not there. :|

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

You get the nice lighting effects by doing the last step

Make a new layer and select paintbrush tool. Draw red colour dots everywhere at any size.

Select them all using Magicwand on global setting.

Run nebulous at default settings.

effect-blur-zoom zoom blur. Move blur amount to full and select where you want the light to come from. I choose on the left hand side. Press ctrl F twice, maybe more depending on how big your image is and how many dots you did. The more times you run it the more light.

Whack that layer on colour dodge at 240.

NMHsigtextless.png

My photobucket

Thats not fail. When you smudge it, go over the back of the render more so it looks like he is walking out the Background. That will blend it.

With the dots over the top, they need to vary in darkness (which I didn't to) which is easy to do.

Dup the background layer and put it under the dots. Selects all the dots (magic wand global) the then go onto the Duped layer and Ctrl I to invert selection. Then hit delete. Remove the dots layer.

NMHsigtextless.png

My photobucket

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Nice tutorial. I made this using your tutorial and some C4Ds(: :

SIGN.png

It's big but I wasn't aiming to use it :) Just an experiment:) Thanks though for the tutorial.

Edited by mattz1996

Click my signature to register for the game my signature is based off of

:) If you get to level 5, it helps me too!