How to Install Plugins ×

RAW File

Pebal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have had a camera in my hands since my 9th birthday, 50 years ago. I only recently converted over to digital, with a Nikon Coolpix L15 and Nikon D40X. I've had fits tryin t ofind plain english help getting started with Corel PaintShop Pro, and Adobe Photoshop Elements. This plug-in worked first try, and the help here puts the 'pro's' to shame. I really appreciate the help, the plug-in, and the can-do attitudes of everyone here. I've spent the last 3-4 hours digging around the forums and tutorials reading and picking up advice and tips. Simply put; "Thanks to all here".

:shock:

• 1 month later...

If you're using the demo version of CaptureNX, once edited with the software you can only open and edit them in CaptureNX. So I doubt the error is in the plugin.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

If you're using the demo version of CaptureNX, once edited with the software you can only open and edit them in CaptureNX. So I doubt the error is in the plugin.

Definitely NOT using a demo version of CaptureNX.

Reinstalled and works fine. Thanks

chris

• 2 weeks later...

I get the same problem. just import that RAW files type and restart paint.net doens't work.

it just show up that you have that type of file to load but can't load it?

I think we have to use the source code, right? but how to use it as I am not programmer.

Anyone can successfully use this plug-in?

What is the 3 x RAW plug in for choice?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am now getting the "There was an unspecified error while opening the file" error when I try and open a .CR2 file from my Canon EOS 500D.

Plug-in previously worked for me. I am running PDN v3.5.2 (can't remember which version it last worked with).

No processing on images between camera and PDN. I also run Picasa 3.6 on this computer, which can read the image fine.

Cheers

Neil

• 1 month later...

Probably doesn't work on 64 bit?

The other RAW file loader used both dcraw.dll and dcraw64.dll.

And yes I know a 64 bit app can launch 32 bit .exe

but I just have to ask if there is maybe another issues.

• 1 month later...

what are .raw files for??

RAW files are digital Negatives from a digital camera (DC).

Normally, when you take a pict with a DC it will be saved as JPEG, meaning that you can no longer influence lightintensity and more.

It does take a bit more space on the card in the camera, but this fileformat also gives you the chance to create HDR pictures, insteead of the normal LDR pics that come form cameras.

Not all cameras have the raw format as a possibility, mostly the more advanced ones do, I have a canon 50D and a 7D and those support CR2 format. (one of the RAW formats)

Edited by boudewijn

Hi,

Untill recently, I was able to import RAW images (from dslr cameras) without any problem using the RAWFILE plugin.

However, after updating PDN to v3.5, PDN still recognizes the file types, but I get the error message "there was an unspecified error while opening the file".

I saw more people were having this problem, but no real solution was proposed.

Also, reinstalling or trying other plugins (raw converter, rawloader, rawload, and rawreader) do not work.

Has anyone a clue what to do???

Cheers,

Rob

• 1 month later...

The only thing I can offer is my reply to your previous question:

• 9 months later...

what are .raw files for??

RAW Files are just that, raw files.

Most digital cameras offer the possibility to store pictures in different formats.

While doing that one loses some info, (Like JPEG pictures).

Storing pictures in RAW format keeps all the information available, downside is that the stored pictures are MUCH bigger.

The advantage is that you have the possibility to create any type of effect on the pictures and safe them in a different format.

I use RAW all the time for the purpose of being able to give effects to my pictures.

HTH

• 11 months later...

Hello,

I can't get this plugin working... :(

Have 64-bit Win7 Ultimate. Need to open Olympus raw files (*.orf).

When I select "Open", I can see thumbnails. When try to open files - got "There was an unspecified error while opening the file".

Any suggestions?

Not all RAW files are created equally unfortunately. It seems that every manufacturer has their own idea of the prefect file format.

Perhaps you could try the other RAW plugins: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/8099-rawreader/page__view__findpost__p__326545

Tried all RAW plugins found on this forum. Only one that works ir RawReader. But one big issue - instead of 3136x2352 it opens file in 1625x1225 resolution. Yes, it detects proper resolution, but opened file is smaller! :(

So, this far, I can't use RAW on my camera.

Post your problem in the RawReader thread and the author might have a look at it for you.

• 1 year later...