Sokagirl's Gallery -

sokagirl

Onto some new stuff , the snake ball can also be seen in the pictorium thread under Abstracts :P thanks for looking people , much appreciated . :wink:

Very nice!

My favorite is the one withe the eyeball on the cube, though the blood on the left side doesn't really match the top side, it almost looks like its sticking out.

and this one:

chromeflower.png

I would try the Metallize plugin with that to make it look a bit more chrome.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30713

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

I knew that once you took flight you would soar into the wild blue of your imagination. You have done so well while I have been away. Beautiful work !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Hi Sokagirl , i like the new additions :D the black shapes on the red background make me think of Bats flying around...love it .. :D

Thanks to Possum Roadkill and Oma , A Fleeting Glimpse it's all because of you all who keep me inspired and really gave me encouragement to stick it out .. Bless your hearts :mrgreen:

Your fire abstract you made looks wonderful. My suggestion would be to get rid of the cloud/fire background, keep the flames in the forefront, and add something to the background. For some reason, it looks like something is burning.

Second thing that I liked was the one that looked like a cave with the water reflection. It looks good.

May I encourage you to start branching out? I started out the same way, playing around with plugins to see what's what, and then once I got comfortable with PDN, I started creating something that I saw in my mind. Here's a tip I want to impart to you: draw what you see in your mind, not what you think you see. I have a feeling you will surprise yourself and us with your ability. I'm going to watch this gallery to see something new.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Your fire abstract you made looks wonderful. My suggestion would be to get rid of the cloud/fire background, keep the flames in the forefront, and add something to the background. For some reason, it looks like something is burning.

Thats a good point. There are a lot of possabilities for this piece. I really like the flames in front.

@ Front Cannon , well I guess I'm bloody potato out of luck .. I shall learn from my errors .

@ Oma , yes you are absolutely right . I agree I want to try multiple layering and see what happens . Thank you :P

if the image is already flattened and saved etc so you cant go back to before hand there is a VERY tedious nooby way but its the only way that i can think of..pixel by pixel colour alteration along with blur...i would duplicate the layer then clur then change layer setting..maybe clouds will show up less saving you a bit of time?

i know its a really pathetic idea but you never know it may work :?

EDIT: Lmao Oma beat me to it! :wink:

@ Wayne never a pain in the behind , I would be happy to help any way I can ..

@ Nemo , thanks for your tips . I always appreciate all tips that I get no matter how big or small because you'll never know what may work ..

@ A Fleeting Glimpse , really ? Thanks for the comment :D

Added a few things . And oh this signature is not finished , I don't know .. I suck at them , I'll just leave the signature making to the experts :lol:

bluebar.png

Added a few things . And oh this signature is not finished , I don't know .. I suck at them , I'll just leave the signature making to the experts :lol:

bluebar.png

Just work 3 times the finished size, flatten and resize down to your desired size. Makes working in details much easier when working large. :D

Just work 3 times the finished size, flatten and resize down to your desired size. Makes working in details much easier when working large. :D

Thats exactly what i do :lol:. And sokagirl you have some real nice pieces in here, hope to see some more soon :D

The lamp is brilliant :wink:

Thanks Possum Roadkill and Nemo :P great tips but I'm wondering though wouldn't it squash the picture that I'm working on ? That seems to always be my problem when I work on something big then resize it , they turn out smashed .. :lol:

well just do a bit of simple math when opening say you want to make a 1200x800 wallpaper you would make a 3600x2400 canvas to start out with. then you can resize down to the 1200x800. I personally just work with double the canvas size then resize later using the percentage resize. Always make sure your maintain aspect ratio is checked or your image will be distorted heh.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

I like the sokagirl signature there on the end. :D

I think it can use a light border. Nothing heavy though. :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Like the post said , this crappy Gallery has closed it's due to the lack of creativity on my part . You can go ahead and delete it , I would appreciate this very much :| thank you .

awwww but your heaps good just look at the stuff you made if i could do half that i'd be proud... (i'm a learner)

i think you should check out some tuts then make more pretties in the words of oma (pretties)

Simplicity For The Win!

Sig Battle Wins: ||

oithisissparta.png

Please Feel Free To Check Out

My Gallery