How to Install Plugins ×

Twainable - Acquire from TWAIN sources v0.2.1 (updated 4 Oct 2010)

Dear entusiast i have used your file on mustek scanner a3 usb but after acquiring the image, it appears entirely white... how is it possible? Thanks for every help you may give to me. and compliment for your work.

Morris.

After scanning, the image will be in your clipboard. You need to paste it (CTRL+V) to be able to see it (it isn't done automatically).

After scanning, the image will be in your clipboard. You need to paste it (CTRL+V) to be able to see it (it isn't done automatically).

Thanks for your help, solution was very simple to get. Sorry for annoying you useless, because of so easy problem. Thanks again, Morris.

Have you in program new updates about your plug-in?

Salutation, Morris.

Edited by azrael5

• 1 month later...

i have a very old Microtek SlimScan C6 running on Windows XP SP3. after downloading and copying the .dll's mentioned in your plugin, i was able to see 'Acquire from TWAIN' in the Effects | Tools menu. however, when trying to actually Scan, i get an error "EZTW: Memory Transfer Mode not Supported". have you seen this before? is it fixable? i don't want to go back to Ulead software for scanning but may have to if i cannot get Paint.Net to work with my old scanner as i don't scan often enough to warrant buying a new scanner. i'd appreciate any help you could offer on this.

i have a very old Microtek SlimScan C6 running on Windows XP SP3. after downloading and copying the .dll's mentioned in your plugin, i was able to see 'Acquire from TWAIN' in the Effects | Tools menu. however, when trying to actually Scan, i get an error "EZTW: Memory Transfer Mode not Supported". have you seen this before? is it fixable? i don't want to go back to Ulead software for scanning but may have to if i cannot get Paint.Net to work with my old scanner as i don't scan often enough to warrant buying a new scanner. i'd appreciate any help you could offer on this.

No, I haven't seen this error before. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for reporting!

EDIT:

According to Microtek, the SlimScan C6 isn't supported on XP (or newer), although there seems to be a fix for their USB-version.

I don't know if that's the problem, or if it's something with the EZTwain DLL, but I'll continue to search.

Edited by NisseBosseLasse

• 2 months later...

The tools menu dissapeared when i opened paint.net again

It's very hard for me to tell what the problem is here with that little information.

What version of Paint.NET are you running?

Did you place the files in the Effects folder?

What other plugins do you have there?

If you are using plugins that uses the Tools-menu: do they appear there if you remove this plugin?

• 1 month later...

Works great with Samsung SCX-3200W, but in the next update to the stand alone version. Can you make it so it gets installed in the Effects folder and it places a link in Effects>Tools so you can execute the program from within Paint.Net instead of having to remember where the hell you put it and have to go through different folders to get to it?

Works great with Samsung SCX-3200W, but in the next update to the stand alone version. Can you make it so it gets installed in the Effects folder and it places a link in Effects>Tools so you can execute the program from within Paint.Net instead of having to remember where the hell you put it and have to go through different folders to get to it?

Good to hear it works.

The stand-alone version was never intended to be run from within Paint.NET (I don't know if that's even allowed, from a plug-in's point of view). It was merely a separate tool - not depending on Paint.NET - for people who wanted to use their old TWAIN scanners on a 64-bit system.

I've removed the stand-alone version to avoid any further confusions. I guess I shouldn't have put it up here, since it really hasn't anything to do with Paint.NET.

Good to hear it works.

The stand-alone version was never intended to be run from within Paint.NET (I don't know if that's even allowed, from a plug-in's point of view). It was merely a separate tool - not depending on Paint.NET - for people who wanted to use their old TWAIN scanners on a 64-bit system.

I've removed the stand-alone version to avoid any further confusions. I guess I shouldn't have put it up here, since it really hasn't anything to do with Paint.NET.

What you could do is launch a separate 32-bit process to acquire from a TWAIN device under 64-bit PDN, using command line arguments and exit codes to communicate.

PSFilterPdn uses a similar method to run 32-bit filters on a 64-bit system. ;)

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Doesnt work in Win7 x64:

Translation:

Complete Errormessage: System.BadImageFormatException: Tried to load a File with a wrong Format (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

Although works fine on my XP x86 Laptop with same TWAIN 8) (Twain via Network for Lexmark X543)

I was able to get this Plugin working by creating an x86 copy of the PaintDotNet executable. This requires the .NET framework corflags tool (available with Visual Studio or Visual Studio Express from Microsoft)

1) Open the Visual Studio Tools Command Prompt from the start menu

2) Change to the directory of your Paint.NET application (usually C:\Program Files\Paint.NET): cd C:\Program Files\Paint.NET

3) Type the following and press enter to create a copy of the executable: copy PaintDotNet.exe PaintDotNet_x86.exe

4) Type the following and press enter to change the copy to 32-bit mode: corflags /32bit+ PaintDotNet_x86.exe

5) You can create a shortcut to this 32-bit mode Paint.NET and the Twainable plugin should work