Paint.net Crashes

skymoon31

Paint.net crashes when i try to import a picture and it also crashes when i try to save a picture

im only having this problem recently and i have tried reinstalling paint.net already.

log :

This text file was created because Paint.NET crashed.

Please e-mail this file to crashlog@getpaint.net so we can diagnose and fix the problem.

Application version: Paint.NET v3.36 (Final Release build 3.36.3158.38068)

Time of crash: 7/9/2009 10:16:55 AM

Application uptime: 00:00:26.4564128

OS Version: 6.0.6001.65536 Service Pack 1 Workstation x86

.NET version: CLR 2.0.50727.3053 x86, FX 2.0 2.0SP1 2.0SP2 3.0 3.0SP1 3.0SP2 3.5 3.5SP1 3.5SP1_Client

Processor: 2x "Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz" @ ~2399MHz (DEP, SSE, SSE2, SSE3)

Physical memory: 3060 MB

UI DPI: 96.00 dpi (1.00x scale)

Tablet PC: no

Updates: true, 7/7/2009

Locale: pdnr.c: en-US, hklm: en-US, hkcu: n/a, cc: en-US, cuic: en-US

Features log: UpdatesState(StartupState), UpdatesState(ReadyToCheckState), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.SplashForm), PopulateFonts(), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.ToolsForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.ColorsForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.HistoryForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.LayerForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.MainForm), Load(PaintDotNet.PngFileType), SetTool(PaintDotNet.Tools.PaintBrushTool), HM(NullHistoryMemento), Menu.File, New, AWAction(NewImageAction), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.NewFileDialog), AWAction(CloseWorkspaceAction), ImportFromFile, DWAction(ImportFromFileAction)

Loaded assemblies:

mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorlib.dll

PaintDotNet, Version=3.36.3158.38068, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe

System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Drawing, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a @ C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

PaintDotNet.Core, Version=3.36.3158.38063, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Core.dll

PaintDotNet.Base, Version=3.36.3158.38062, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Base.dll

PaintDotNet.SystemLayer, Version=3.36.3158.38062, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.dll

PaintDotNet.Resources, Version=3.36.3158.38063, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Resources.dll

PaintDotNet.Data, Version=3.36.3158.38064, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Data.dll

PaintDotNet.Effects, Version=3.36.3158.38065, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Effects.dll

System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

DdsFileType, Version=1.11.3158.38065, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\FileTypes\DdsFileType.dll

Exception details:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040111): Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {DC1C5A9C-E88A-4DDE-A5A1-60F82A20AEF7} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80040111.

at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.VistaFileOpenDialog..ctor()

at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.CommonDialogs.CreateFileOpenDialog()

at PaintDotNet.DocumentWorkspace.ChooseFiles(Control owner, String[]& fileNames, Boolean multiselect, String startingDir)

at PaintDotNet.Actions.ImportFromFileAction.PerformAction(DocumentWorkspace documentWorkspace)

at PaintDotNet.DocumentWorkspace.PerformAction(DocumentWorkspaceAction action)

at PaintDotNet.Menus.LayersMenu.MenuLayersImportFromFile_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at PaintDotNet.PdnMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you tried removing any and all video files from the folder Paint.NET is trying to save to/load from?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040111): Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {DC1C5A9C-E88A-4DDE-A5A1-60F82A20AEF7} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80040111.

I think thats your problem. Everything I find on that error code seems to point at a problem to do with Micorsoft Exchange Server and HTTP Requests for XML files. You may want to look up some info for that error code (0x80040111) to see if you can find a fix for your COM component, Exchange itself, registory, IE Version, ect...

http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/components ... rrors.html

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=317600

What version of Paint.NET are you running, If its older then 3.36 then you may want to try uninstalling Paint.NET, and download the new version and installing as it could be a problem with your Paint.NET trying to find and download update files. I believe you are on 3.36 as I am sure I saw it in the crash file. You can also try turning off the update options for now.

Could even be a problem with System.Xml.dll, if this is the case you should do a repair of the .NET Framework.

yes i am using 3.36. i am going to use sysinternals suite to try to fix it and ill post my results later.

EDIT:its not .net framework because i just repaired it.

EDIT2: not sure if its related, but i cant save using gimp, paint ,wordpad, and notepad either.

• 2 weeks later...

I had very serious problems with Paint.net crashing. It meant I had to save everything as I did it, otherwise there was a risk of losing the changes. I cured it by cleaning up the registry and memory files with AML Registry Cleaner. Brilliant freebie, obtainable here http://www.artus-fh.co.uk/source/Freebies%20Page.html

Had no trouble since.

Worth a try.

I had very serious problems with Paint.net crashing. It meant I had to save everything as I did it, otherwise there was a risk of losing the changes. I cured it by cleaning up the registry and memory files with AML Registry Cleaner. Brilliant freebie, obtainable here http://www.artus-fh.co.uk/source/Freebies%20Page.html

Had no trouble since.

Worth a try.

thanks for the idea but it didnt work but it did find hundreds of keys that need to be deleted.

Glad you found some use for it. I use the program constantly. The disk cleanup facility is also good. Gets rid of old temporary internet files etc. I don't use the cookie section, as that can sometimes cause inconvenience with logging onto regular sites. Be interesting to see what the cause of your problem is when you resolve it.

• 3 weeks later...

finally fixed it. i did something in CMD it was

sfc /scannow

all that it cost me was uxtheme.dll but all i have to do is repatch it. im soo happy its fixed. thanks for all the help you guys

• 2 weeks later...