How to Install Plugins ×

Plugin Index

Ego Eram Reputo
Ego Eram Reputo
Message added by Ego Eram Reputo

The definitive and free resource for locating plugins. Updated monthly.

Written and maintained by SodiumEnglish and Ego Eram Reputo

What exactly do you mean by "apply textures"? If you describe what you want to do in more detail, there's a good chance someone can point to plugin that can do it. There's my Texture Shader plugin, which shades a height map, but I would guess if that's what you were looking for, you would have found it, since it's alphabetically the first thing you'd see. (That is, assuming you know that the first comment in this thread contains an alphabetic list of the plugins.)

It looks like Simon's Legacy Pack is no longer available as a single download. I did find one or two of the legacy plugins still available for download.

Note that Texture was flagged as "depreciated". This means it was unlikely to receive further updates & may have ceased working with later versions of paint.net 4.

It looks like Simon's Legacy Pack is no longer available as a single download. I did find one or two of the legacy plugins still available for download.

Note that Texture was flagged as "depreciated". This means it was unlikely to receive further updates & may have ceased working with later versions of paint.net 4.

Simon B's Plugin Pack: custom brushes, editable text and more (2014-06-22) is only one pack by Simon Brown and it doesn't contain Texture.dll. 'Add Custom Texture' Effect (Texture.dll) does not support any of textures:

Texture_ui.png

Edited by ReMake

The plugin that you, ReMake, are talking about actually shows me a dropdown list of predefined PNG shapes that you can use as "textures". I suppose the list isn't filled for you because you must be using the newest Paint.NET, whereas I can see it because I use Paint.NET 3.5.11

Here's more or less what it looks like for me when I run it on an empty white canvas (haven't tried it much though):

capture_of_Add_Custom_Texture_plugin.jpg

Conclusion: seems this plugin only works in PdN 3.5.11 with the odd behavior that the plugin window remains permanently visible, even when you switch to other applications. I'll see what can be done with it, but at first sight it seems to create a grid with the selected predefined shape.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

February Update

Five new plugins this month...

Edge Expander - @MJW. Finds edges in the image or selection (edges are defined as pixels above an opacity threshold which border pixels below the threshold) and expands the edge by a specified distance (from trhe original). Each expanded edge pixel is set to the color of the nearest edge pixel. The transparency depends on the distance from the edge.

Gaussian Blur Clamped - @toe_head2001. Much like the regular Gaussian Blur effect, except this effect gets clamped to the active selection. This effectively stops colors (and transparency) from bleeding through from outside of the selection.

Graph Paper - @toe_head2001. Generates graph paper with adjustable Cell Size & grouping. Options include square or isometric grids, and colorization.

QuickBASIC BSAVE Graphics - @Ham62. Adds support for Screen 13 QuickBASIC BSAVE'd graphics with the file extensions *.BSV or *.VGA. Limitations: maximum image size 320x200px, file size of 64kb, 8bpp & standard VGA color palette.

Soft Proofing Tools - @null54. Simulates how the current layer would look when printed with a specified color profile. The layer can then be exported as a JPEG or TIFF with the target color profile embedded. Note: Visual C++ 2010 SP1 runtime is required.

In other changes, I've reformatted the PDF version. The font has been change to Calibri (from Verdana) and the size of the text tweaked. I've also added a linefeed before each entry to improve readability.

Enjoy!

• Upvote 5

Minor correction, the Soft Proofing Tools entry should be Soft Proofing.

I updated the thread title to clarify that "tools effect" is not part of the effect name.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Thanks Null54. I'll flag this change for the next edition.

• 4 weeks later...

March Update

A handful of great new plugins this month. Enjoy!

ArtyThing - @Red ochre. Imitates various artistic media by using the 'tone gradient' (i.e. edges) of an image to generate extra artistic strokes. Output can range from oil painting effects to pencil sketches, crayons, pastels watercolors and more.

Color Sketch - @ReMake. Reinterprets an image as if it had been sketched with color pencils. Plugin is the result of a full CodeLab tutorial. Available in Russian.

Fuzzy Edge Detector - @AnthonyScoffler. Detects edges using random angles to find neighboring pixels and determine their difference. Configurable with many options. Useful to create outlines. CodeLab source provided. See second post for 3.5.11 version.

Inset Box Shadow - @toe_head2001. Uses inner shadowing to create photo type frame of varying transparency. Imagine a square vignette which can be placed inside the edge of an image by a given margin. Source available.

Radical Image Optimization Tool (RIOT) - @null54. Heavily optimizes then exports the current layer in a format suitable for web use.

Spoked Wheel - @toe_head2001. Creates a circular wheels with options to specify size, spoke number, axle size, rim thickness, color and more. CodeLab source provided.

TR's Morpher - @TechnoRobbo. Morph one image into another using a control grid to define 'like' areas. Once defined, generates the between images. Also creates warps (self morphs). Outputs a number of successively numbered images for animating.

• Upvote 4

Dear ERR! 

Thank you very much for you and to all plugin writer.   :pizza:  :beer:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 1 month later...

April Update

Four new plugins this month. Enjoy!

Color Range effect - @ReMake. This plugin allows you to create a mask by isolating a color subset of the original image. Colors outside of the target range will be set to transparent. Useful for selecting objects in the image by color. Also available in Russian. Based in part on the Color Target plugin by rwp80.

Copy Selection Coords - @toe_head2001. Copies the current selection coordinates to the clipboard in the format: left, top, width, height. NB plugin link is in post #3 of the thread.

Icon, Cursor, and Animated Cursor Format - Updated - @TechnoRobbo. An updated version of the Icon, Cursor, and Animated Cursor Filetype plugin. This version adds support for Icon & cursor filetypes, including animated cursors to paint.net 4.0.9+

Ruler - @toe_head2001. Renders a ruler using the specified units & sub units. This will NOT measure anything and will NOT convert pixel length to another unit of length.

• Upvote 3

It is a good one, but it was published 23 March .... 2015 ;)

ERR! Thanks, much appreciated.   :beer:  :pizza:

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Not a problem. I had to check the release date myself. I couldn't believe it was released a whole year ago.

If you find errors or omissions in the Index please let me know. I'm happy to be corrected and it makes the plugin index better for us all. Just yesterday I ran the descriptions through a spell checker. Ugh. The results weren't pretty :( Corrections will appear next month.

@Seerose - thank you.

• Upvote 2

I would trust your spelling above that of a spell-checker! ;)

I often resort to a real dictionary (printed on paper)
... or just add my own (probably incorrect) version to the spell-checker for clarificautiousness. :D

Many thanks for keeping the index updated.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I would trust your spelling above that of a spell-checker! ;)

I often resort to a real dictionary (printed on paper)

... or just add my own (probably incorrect) version to the spell-checker for clarificautiousness. :D

Many thanks for keeping the index updated.

Thanks Red.

I have a copy of the concise Oxford on hand. It prefers colour over color and favourite over favorite amongst many other. Me too!

• 4 weeks later...

May Update

Arduino NeoPixel Sketch Exporter - @Makuna. Export an image to a .h file that can be included into Arduino Sketch. The image is exported as a PROGMEM data structure for use with the NeoPixelBus Arduino library.

TR's Monolithic (3D Text Generator) - @TechnoRobbo. Creates monolithic (slab-like) text using an installed font as a base. Think word-art for paint.net. Many options include a range of color options, lighting, pitch, yaw and roll, size, zoom, etc...

Enjoy! :D

• Upvote 5

Dear ERR! 

Thank you very much for the may updates. Thanks to all who have worked with.  :cake:  :mtdew:  :pizza:  :beer:

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 5 weeks later...

June Update

Three new plugins this month. Enjoy :D

Hot Metal Glow - @MJW. Transforms a pixel's color to mimic incandescent heated metal. The color range goes from black, to red, to orange, to yellow, and finally to white. The color transition is approximate: no attempt is made to imitate actual physics.

Postage Stamp - @toe_head2001. Creates an edge like a modern postage stamp (i.e. wave like perforations) around the image.

StickMan - @Ego Eram Reputo. A plugin which helps position & pose predefined stick figures using a simple click-n-drag interface.

• Upvote 8