How to Install Plugins ×

Plugin Index

Ego Eram Reputo
Ego Eram Reputo
Message added by Ego Eram Reputo

The definitive and free resource for locating plugins. Updated monthly.

Written and maintained by SodiumEnglish and Ego Eram Reputo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

December update.

Three new plugins added. No changes to the current list of filetypes.

Of special note is that @KrisVDM has added a new version of Align Object to his plugin pack: Drop Shadow, Color Accent, Gradient,…KrisVDM's plugin Pack.

• 4 weeks later...

December update. Nothing new unless you count spelling errors :roll: and one filetype plugin missing from the list of filetypes (updated the list).

For anyone interested, I've added an alphabetical list of plugins as a PDF to the first post. I use this list as a quick reference list when looking up plugins & thought others might find it useful.

I'm not going to apologise for the included formatting :P

December update. Nothing new unless you count spelling errors :roll: and one filetype plugin missing from the list of filetypes (updated the list).

For anyone interested, I've added an alphabetical list of plugins as a PDF to the first post. I use this list as a quick reference list when looking up plugins & thought others might find it useful.

I'm not going to apologise for the included formatting :P

EER - Thanks for the PDF listing !! I was wondering if such a creation was something you might consider, as it makes searching for the right information much easier and useful and can be referenced offline. Nice job, thanks for taking on this 'not-so-easy' task.....

wizSig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Under R for Random Mazes ;)

Sure is! I don't know how it was missed. Flagged for inclusion in the next revision (New Years day - or thereabouts - I'm on holiday :))

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year - have a list of plugins!

Eight new plugins listed. I've also updated the Quick lookup list (attached to the first post).

Hi Ego,

Thank you for your great work on this plugin lists!

They really are huge boon to the community.

Is there a way to see which are the 8 new additions?

I am just getting started in Paint.Net and went through the plugin lists in detail (looking at both the "live" lists & the .pdf file) during the last couple of days in December 2010 to pick out good ones for me to download.

How do I now easily find or spot the new ones added today?

Is there a "date added" note for each somewhere?

Or can they be sorted chronologically of date added?

If I've overlooked something, please forgive my "newbieness".

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Good question!

No I don't have a brilliant method of denoting new plugins in the Index :( Sorry, but I will think about it. What I'll do for future versions of the PDF is color code the newly added plugins.

As a workaround, you can (almost always) use the topic number as a guide to release date. In this version of the Index, the first plugin added was PdnFF, topic number 20380. Any plugin with a topic number larger than 20380 should be a new addition to the list. This method falls down when a plugin is first released in the Plugin Developers forum, and subsequently moved (screws up the topic number by retaining the first post topic number).

Just for you, the new Plugins were:

PdnFF

Average Edge Blur

PS Emboss

Liquify

Trail (originally missed from the list due to the hiccup mentioned above)

Night Vision

Thermal Heat Map

PSFiltersPDN

Thanks Ego,

That works for me!

To keep it simple & easy in the future, you could just add a list of the additions, just as you did above (just for me? - thanks!) to your future announcement posts here, whenever the list(s) get updated.

And yes, to color code the new ones on the PDF would be great too.

Really that's all that's needed.

That announcement post list could just note any additions.

Perhaps to take it a step further, also any changes (if there are any) to existing ones in the list, such as revisions/updated versions/deletions/obsolete (i.e. now in PN)/degenerated, etc.

I have some further thoughts about possible methods for the plugin index "for the future".

I will think about it more too, & get into that in a later post.

Regards,

Daniel

Edited by Daniel

I like the updates to be as automated as possible (= less work). You want me to actually TYPE it?? :lol:

Will do the list of additions each month as requested. This actually appears to be the simplest system (so far).

What if new additions to the Index were boxed between horisontal lines like this:

Fake New Plugin - @Ego Eram Reputo

A wonderful cool new plugin by EER. Where does he get the inspiration?

One problem I can see with that is if a new plugin was listed in between two old plugins. My suggestion is to just add put *new* next to the name of any new plugins.

KaHuc.png

Not a likely scenario, but I'll admit the possibility.

How's this then?

*NEW* someplugin - @Ego Eram Reputo

A very cool plugin

*NEW* another new plugn - @Ego Eram Reputo

Another New Plugin

Tonight I went through the complete 0 - a to z listing of the plugins. What an amazing feat you have accomplished in providing this service to the users. I can't thank you enough. This made my setup of a new laptop so much easier. You sir are amazing and outstanding and of high moral character. :D

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

I'm really tempted to add that last line to my sig :lol: Thank you for the compliment!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

February update. No new plugins added. Minor revisions to existing entries only.

These minor changes have been included in the PDF and the filetypes list.