Exploding bird/fire tut

yy10

This is pretty simple.

before I teach you how to make it, here's what we're doing to make:

explosionorsomething.png

it's really easy. You can also learn how to make fire in this tut.

Plugins needed

Ed Harvey Effects(Splinter)

Credit:

One of the steps has been used in this tutorial:

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21019

:AddNewLayer: Open an image first with the size of 400x400

1. Use the rounded rectangle tool and make something like this. (Remember, change the primary colour to black, and secondary colour to white first)

roundedrectangle.gif

2. Use the rounded rectangle tool and make something like this. But this time, change it to draw filled shape with outline.

roundedrectanglerounded.gif

3. Then draw something like this. Change it to draw filled shape first. And change filled type to Dark downward diagonal.

ffdfs.gif

4. Next, Zoom Blur(effects>Blur>Zoom blur) it. Make it like this.

zoomblur.jpg

5. Pencil Sketch(Effects>Artistic>Pencil Sketch) it. Full settings.

pencilsketch.jpg

6. :AddNewLayer: Add a new layer. Make it above the layer you jsut did Pencil Sketch on.

7. Do a Mandelbrot Fractal(Effects>Render>Mandelbrot Fractal). Make it like this.

mf.gif

8. Do a Splinter(Effects>Blur>Splinter). Make it like this.

splinter.jpg

9. Do a Zoom blur. Make it Zoom amount 51 again.

zoomblur-1.jpg

10. Next change the layer you just did zoom Blur on to the blending mode Difference. Do that by clicking F4. It will look some what of a firey effect.

difference.gif

11. On the layer below the firey effect. Do a splinter like this.

splinter1.gif

12. Merge the 1st layer down. So now, you only ahve 1 layer to work with.

13. Do some Curves.(Adjustments>Curves) Set to Luminosity. I did it like that.

curves.gif

14. :AddNewLayer: Add a new layer. Make it above the layer you just did Curves on.

15. Fill the wholve canvas blur with the Paint Bucket. (Hex: 0026FF) Remember to change it to Solid Colour. You can also use some other colours. But remember to use dark ones. However, don't use Black or white!

16. Now, add some Noise(Effects>Noise>Add Noise). Intensity 100, Colour Saturation 0 and Coverage to 100. after that, repeat that for 2 times. It should look like that afterward.

noise.gif

17. Do a Motion Blur.(Effects>Blur>Motion Blur). Set Angle to 25, and Distance to 40.

motionblur.gif

18. On the layer you did the motion blur on. Do some Clouds(Effects>Render>Clouds). Remember to change the colour to black. And change the blending mode to Colour Burn.

clouds.gif

19. Change that layer's blending mode(press F4) to anything. Although I suggest Addictive, Colour Dodge, Reflect, Overlay, Difference, Negation, Lighten or Screen. The one I did below is Screen.

tutbird.png

20. Done! :D

Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes. I'm not a fluent englsih speaker.

deviantART

sigs n stuff

This is pretty simple.

before I teach you how to make it, here's what we're doing to make:

explosionorsomething.png

it's really easy. You can also learn how to make fire in this tut.

Plugins needed

Ed Harvey Effects(Splinter)

Credit:

One of the steps has been used in this tutorial:

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21019

:AddNewLayer: Open an image first with the size of 400x400

1. Use the rounded rectangle tool and make something like this. (Remember, change the primary colour to black, and secondary colour to white first)

roundedrectangle.gif

2. Use the rounded rectangle tool and make something like this. But this time, change it to draw filled shape with outline.

roundedrectanglerounded.gif

3. Then draw something like this. Change it to draw filled shape first. And change filled type to Dark downward diagonal.

ffdfs.gif

4. Next, Zoom Blur(effects>Blur>Zoom blur) it. Make it like this.

zoomblur.jpg

5. Pencil Sketch(Effects>Artistic>Pencil Sketch) it. Full settings.

pencilsketch.jpg

6. :AddNewLayer: Add a new layer. Make it above the layer you jsut did Pencil Sketch on.

7. Do a Mandelbrot Fractal(Effects>Render>Mandelbrot Fractal). Make it like this.

mf.gif

8. Do a Splinter(Effects>Blur>Splinter). Make it like this.

splinter.jpg

9. Do a Zoom blur. Make it Zoom amount 51 again.

zoomblur-1.jpg

10. Next change the layer you just did zoom Blur on to the blending mode Difference. Do that by clicking F4. It will look some what of a firey effect.

difference.gif

11. On the layer below the firey effect. Do a splinter like this.

splinter1.gif

12. Merge the 1st layer down. So now, you only ahve 1 layer to work with.

13. Do some Curves.(Adjustments>Curves) Set to Luminosity. I did it like that.

curves.gif

14. :AddNewLayer: Add a new layer. Make it above the layer you just did Curves on.

15. Fill the wholve canvas blur with the Paint Bucket. (Hex: 0026FF) Remember to change it to Solid Colour. You can also use some other colours. But remember to use dark ones. However, don't use Black or white!

16. Now, add some Noise(Effects>Noise>Add Noise). Intensity 100, Colour Saturation 0 and Coverage to 100. after that, repeat that for 2 times. It should look like that afterward.

noise.gif

17. Do a Motion Blur.(Effects>Blur>Motion Blur). Set Angle to 25, and Distance to 40.

motionblur.gif

18. On the layer you did the motion blur on. Do some Clouds(Effects>Render>Clouds). Remember to change the colour to black. And change the blending mode to Colour Burn.

clouds.gif

19. Change that layer's blending mode(press F4) to anything. Although I suggest Addictive, Colour Dodge, Reflect, Overlay, Difference, Negation, Lighten or Screen. The one I did below is Screen.

tutbird.png

20. Done! :D

Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes. I'm not a fluent englsih speaker.

deviantART

sigs n stuff

although im not to keen on the final outcome i quite like some of the effects you get in this tut, especially the splintered mandelbrot fractal

but this way a well written tutorial and was very easy to follo keep it up :D

Citylife.png

although im not to keen on the final outcome i quite like some of the effects you get in this tut, especially the splintered mandelbrot fractal

but this way a well written tutorial and was very easy to follo keep it up :D

Citylife.png

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...