Possum Roadkill Gallery

Possum Roadkill

Amazing final version, the grass is awesome, I am glad to hear you saying that and started restrengthening your art ability with PDN, the Program that we all love, that makes us all been here.

I have said many times that I owe a lot to others like you, Ash, Oma, Welshblue, Goonfella, LFC4EVER, members who are no longer around, and newer members who have joined since. There are so many great things to learn in the tutorial section it is almost overwhelming sometimes.

This is another piece using your alpha displacement effect to get the texture on the mountain in the landscape and the planet fragments in this spacescape. That is just the coolest effect for this kind of stuff, it's just perfect. This was inspired by Roger Dean's work on the Yes Songs album. I can't seem to escape the style I've developed, so I'm trying it on other kinds of ideas. It is also another in a recurring theme featuring my little red friends. This is The Exodus....

Exodus.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Wow! This is spacious and incredible! I love your work! I love how you did the background and those little islands in space. It's just so breath-taking.

Thanks Helen ! I know this is four spider images now, but there is a method to my insanity.....somewhere in there. :shock: I really do have a plan in mind for this. Really ! :lol:

I think I'll link to the original sized image in my gallery tomorrow. This smaller version doesn't show some of the detail and some of the background.

Beautiful mate, great job on the waterfall ( I think I'll hold back on my latest WIP for a while :P )

Your cousin would be proud :wink:

Thanks man, I really hope that he would be. I do want to see that WIP though, soon ! Don't hold it back ! Where do you think I get my ideas? :lol:

wow thats so eye catching :shock: , the rock under the suspended islands is extremely realistic and it wouldnt be one of your pieces without one of those spiders in it :lol:

Thanks ! I was really happy with the way it turned out. It's the same technique as I used in the mountain scape. It's Yellowman's technique using the alpha displacement. Wow it's an amazing tool ! I'm working on an idea with the spider theme, not sure where it will go... :lol:

Here's the latest just in time for October, (also posted in realistic images section).

The Pumpkin Patch !

PumpkinPatch.png

Been a while since i stopped bye , there is some great new additions to your work, love the second version of the humming bird , the landscape has a wonderful oriental look and feel to it, i've just hunted down an old episode of 'Lost in Space' due to the robot :lol: and the pumpkin has put me in the mood for Halloween :)

i really like it but i think you could make the pumpkins stem a bit better from the tutorial (i think it was by Oma or Ash or someone?) to help bring it to life a bit more :)

It was Ash who did the tut, and I did use it but it looked too realistic so I altered it with the smudge tool. I was going for more of a cartoonish style.

Been a while since i stopped bye , there is some great new additions to your work, love the second version of the humming bird , the landscape has a wonderful oriental look and feel to it, i've just hunted down an old episode of 'Lost in Space' due to the robot :lol: and the pumpkin has put me in the mood for Halloween :)

I'm glad you stopped by, it's been a while. Thanks, I was pretty happy with the hummingbird. I've been wanting to do another image like that but I'm not sure what animal I want to do.

I loved "Lost in Space" (the old series and the movie). Do you remember Robbie the Robot from the 50's and 60's movies? He was the inspiration for parts of the robot. The pumpkin was something I did for the ladies at the office for Halloween. I would like to do a more realistic one some time.

A while back I did the guitar and banjo image. There were some (really a whole bunch) that didn't like the background. So today I added a little more detail with a set of brushes I found and some textures on the mountains and was wondering what you all thought of it. Is it better?.... Still sucks?..... I should give up on PdN and take up kite flying?

ASmokeyMountainBreakdown2.png

:shock: :shock: Wow! The guitar and banjo image is amazing! Let me say it again, AMAZING! I like how both of them look so shiny and eye-catching! The background is superb! Very, very ince job!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

:shock: :shock: Wow! The guitar and banjo image is amazing! Let me say it again, AMAZING! I like how both of them look so shiny and eye-catching! The background is superb! Very, very ince job!

Wow I was just on your gallery ! So you think the trees improve the background? I think it looks much better this way. :D

I did a couple of other images, one in realistic and one in abstract.

th_BlackHole.png th_SonicBoom.png

I think the foggy background on banjos is very nice, did you put those trees one by one or they come as bunches?

And the SonicBoom for some reason is hurting my eyes, did you mean that? BTW duplicate the layer and run the plugin horizontally and vertically then blend to get some very nice textures, I have some attempts on that.

Great new works Possum.

Love the pumpkin one ... much nicer lil' bugs than those horrible spiders you're fond of :P

Excellent background behind the banjo's, that's pretty realistic to a lot of forestries I've seen ... even down to the one tree you've got hanging to the left of the left banjo ... totally against Health & Safety but looks good :wink:

Oh you saw that one eh? Yeah, I didn't notice it until I had posted the image and was hoping that no one would notice the "legendary floating tree of the Smokie Mountains". :lol:

Finally getting around to commenting on your gallery, Possum.

Therapy is the right word for the gallery & I mean that in the nicest possbile way. It is a veritable banquet for the eyes! Your work is awesome (spiders aside) :lol:

You have a fantastic variety in your work. I like the glassy ones best. Another piece that really caught my eye was the feather sig. Simple in design but beautiful.

I've stopped in & looked a few times & it always makes me feel better. Thank you for sharing your work.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Finally getting around to commenting on your gallery, Possum.

Therapy is the right word for the gallery & I mean that in the nicest possbile way. It is a veritable banquet for the eyes! Your work is awesome (spiders aside) :lol:

You have a fantastic variety in your work. I like the glassy ones best. Another piece that really caught my eye was the feather sig. Simple in design but beautiful.

I've stopped in & looked a few times & it always makes me feel better. Thank you for sharing your work.

Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate visitors ! I just checked you gallery when I saw there were some new pieces you posted. LOVE the dragonflies! They have always fascinated me. I have been thinking about trying to paint one. The one I like the best is the gold one. Wow that is an awesome gold texture/coloration! Thanks again for stopping by.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at loss for words. :o :shock: The landscape is fantastic! I like how it looks kind of etched onto a canvas like someone use paint. I like the texture of it and the actual image is amazing! The flamingo is something that I could think of when I don't have my coffee and it's very cute and well done! :shock:

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I commented on the flowers in realistic thread it is fantastic. so very colorful and cheerful!

When you PM'd me you had a pink flamingo and welding torch in the works for a friend it was a real shocker. Well frankly I had no idea in the world how you would pull that one off. But seeing it now, its magnificent! so hillarious.

what a PDN great artist you are turning out to be, it is always a pleasure to view what's new in your gallery.

ciao OMA