Possum Roadkill Gallery

Possum Roadkill

You certainly have some fascination with spiders, don't you? :lol:

I like the background, the door, the composition of the planets and the way you made that tile. The only thing that gets me is that the planets don't have adequate shading relative to the light source.

Other than that, that is a rather nice piece. :)

Yeah, after looking at it again I agree it did need more contrast on the shading.

Before

th_WherePlanetsComeFrom.png

After

th_WherePlanetsComeFrom2.png

I finally finished a piece I've been working on and off for a couple of weeks. It's called simply, Bamboo Room.

th_BambooRoom.png th_BambooRoom2.png

EDIT: Second Bamboo Room image is a corrected version after suggestions to fix the water layer by Yellowman. Thanks ! :D

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

I like the background, the door, the composition of the planets and the way you made that tile. The only thing that gets me is that the planets don't have adequate shading relative to the light source.

Yeah, after looking at it again I agree it did need more contrast on the shading.

Before

After

I finally finished a piece I've been working on and off for a couple of weeks. It's called simply, Bamboo Room.

EDIT: Second Bamboo Room image is a corrected version after suggestions to fix the water layer by Yellowman. Thanks ! :D

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

• 2 weeks later...

These are a couple of new sigs that I made for members of my forum The Dead Possum Society. The first one is my buddy Sneaky Snake. We all give him a hard time because he is kind of a jerk and is the most arrogant person ever. He was the only person to receive a lifetime ban from one of the local message boards for being a horse's behind. The second one is for one of our members who is a collector of White Star Line memorabilia ( The Titanic was one of the ships, but he is more interested in the others). I really like how my telescope turned out for his sig.

SneakySnakeSig.png

MichaelSigSmall.png

bamboo room is quite the image. what an undertaking. I really like the feel of that piece it would look great hung in my home.

ciao OMA

Thanks Oma ! Nothing would give me more honor if you had one of my paintings hanging in your home. I'm sure people will ask why you have a laptop hanging on your wall though. :lol: Just kidding ! If you would like a larger version of it, the original .pdn is 880 X 662 and 3.5 meg. :D

Your bamboo piece is extraordinary. :shock: It's so brilliant! Your sigs are pretty cool, too. I like the way your work looks so natural--as if they're about to come to life. Beautiful job!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Your bamboo piece is extraordinary. :shock: It's so brilliant! Your sigs are pretty cool, too. I like the way your work looks so natural--as if they're about to come to life. Beautiful job!

Thanks Helen. I'm a big fan of your work. Your stuff looks so professional like it would be in a magazine or book. I don't remember if I mentioned this or not,(getting forgetful now) but have you ever marketed your work to children's book authors? I could see your stuff being very appealing to a publisher of children's books or magazines.

Thanks for the compliment. It's nice to know that people think my work looks realistic. I've been thinking about branching out into a more surrealistic style or more of a fantasy style. I always loved the album covers of the band Yes. I love Roger Dean's work on their earlier albums. I was also a big comic book fan as a young lad and still have a fascination for the comic book art of Neal Adams and Jim Steranko .

You didn't ask me about marketing my book, but check your PM.

That would be a good idea for you to branch out to different styles, but realistic styles are the most difficult to create and most valued. At least, that's what I think. :)

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Bamboo room looks fabulous :P so refreshing .

Thanks ! I don't know what it is about green, but it is refreshing. I have always loved the texture of bamboo, I can't believe I actually was able to do that image. This is such an amazing software. :D

You didn't ask me about marketing my book, but check your PM.

That would be a good idea for you to branch out to different styles, but realistic styles are the most difficult to create and most valued. At least, that's what I think. :)

Reply to you PM is in your inbox !

I agree with you, and that is why I have always been drawn to realistic images. This is a different kind of "realistic" for me. I have always found it amazing how a painter could make something look so real with a few strokes and blending of the paint. Some time I will post a painting my late cousin painted. He was a painter and illustrator all his life. We both dreamed of becoming artists and he is the one who followed his dream. Maybe in some way, I'm making up for all those years that I didn't follow mine.

This is my Mountain Landscape.

MountainLandscape.png

I did some variations with the artistic plug-ins, here are a couple of the better ones.

th_MountainLandscapeOil.png

th_MountainLandscapeInk.png

This is such an amazing piece of software it has really changed my life.

Ooh !!! Such detailing , I love it . Makes me want to go camping :P great job :wink: I love all three of them .

Thanks ! I think I like the oil version the best. It seems to have more depth. I'm thinking about removing the tree. Oma made the suggestion that it distracts from the waterfall, and I agree. I added it in at the last minute and I think it would look better in a different image. The whole image is about the mountain and the waterfall and the tree just doesn't fit in well.

I made a robot ! I've been messing around with it for quite a while. It's supposed to look like the robots in the 1950's and 60's sci-fi movies.

th_BlackRobot.png

Oh my gosh! The landscapes are amazing! As an amateur illustrator, I see that your work will appeal to people of all ages. You should be illustrating children's books and not those so-called professional illustrators with no attraction to their work. Amazing work!

The robot is really neat, too. I wouldn't want to meet up with one of them, though. :lol:

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Fantastic landscapes, man. :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Thanks guys ! I appreciate it. I made some changes based on suggestions from Oma and my own gut feeling that there were things about the image that were wrong. It's so great to have people who are willing to help someone make their work better and in turn, make the whole site better for it. Thanks Oma !

This is the revised version.

MountainLandscape2.png