Possum Roadkill Gallery

Possum Roadkill

Sorry to be away for so long! I've missed being here as much as I like.

To be honest, I don't come into the pictorium anymore much. But when I saw your featured pic in the galleria I had to take a visit to your galery.

Good work.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you stopped by. Please stop by anytime and give me some suggestions. I'm trying to learn as much as I can from the top artists on the forum like you and the others who have been so helpful to me. I'm still kind of shocked that I had something that people liked enough for it to be placed in the Galleria. I'm still kind of numb, but that seems to be my normal state these days :lol:

Yep mate, ditto the congrats on your Galleria piece ... like I've said, apart from the spiders it's an awesome piece :wink:

Thanks mate ! It means a lot coming from you. I enjoy your work so much. I can't believe how prolific you and Yellowman are. You guys really produce some great work at such a fast rate I have to check your gallery every time I come to the forum to make sure I don't miss anything.

Wonderful Stuff , a real pleasure looking through your work... :D

Thanks and welcome to the forum. I really like the first pieces you posted and look forward to seeing more from you. Really some great stuff. By the way, the line in your sig, it reminds me of that line from the song Butterflies by Toad the Wet Sprocket. Have you ever heard it?

nice!, you should have started a gallery

before you made all these pictures, so you did'nt have to

upload all all of these, must of took FOREVER

to upload 'em.

Yes, it did. That's not all of them either. :lol: I've made a bunch of really bad ones too. :shock: :lol:

You don't have to tell me this, but how did you make this:

th_slate2.jpg

...so good!

Hi flip ! I'd be glad to. I send some instructions to Yellowman a while back, I'll try to find them and send them to you. Thanks for stopping by. BTW, I really love your new sig and avy ! So Good !

I've put a few new pieces in my gallery that I did on vacation. Please take a look and let me know what you all think. Thanks for stopping by !

- Possum

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Thanks and welcome to the forum. I really like the first pieces you posted and look forward to seeing more from you. Really some great stuff. By the way, the line in your sig, it reminds me of that line from the song Butterflies by Toad the Wet Sprocket. Have you ever heard it?

The line comes from the song 'Comfortably Numb' from the album the 'The Wall' by Pink Floyd (seen it performed live back in '82) i've never heard Toad the Wet Sprocket but i love the name ... :D

The line comes from the song 'Comfortably Numb' from the album the 'The Wall' by Pink Floyd (seen it performed live back in '82) i've never heard Toad the Wet Sprocket but i love the name ... :D

Of course ! I remember it now ! I love Pink Floyd. You should check out Toad the Wet Sprocket, I don't know if they are still together but they are so good. Walk on the Ocean,

Fly From Heaven, Windmills are three you should listen to. You can find them on You Tube.

I think I neglected to mention this the last time I posted here, but your gallery is awesome. Love the great amount of creativity you have (it takes me forever to think of stuff to make, and even longer to actually have time to sit down and actually draw it XD). It's also great to see how your stuff has gotten better as time progresses

Hope to see more cool stuff from you in the future :)

I think I neglected to mention this the last time I posted here, but your gallery is awesome. Love the great amount of creativity you have (it takes me forever to think of stuff to make, and even longer to actually have time to sit down and actually draw it XD). It's also great to see how your stuff has gotten better as time progresses

Hope to see more cool stuff from you in the future :)

Thanks ! I hope I can keep learning and getting better. You do have quite a few (and very good) in your gallery so I wouldn't say that it takes forever :lol: . Forever is the time between you opening the dog food bag and you setting the bowl down on the floor. At least to a dog anyway. :lol:

Speaking of dogs, this is an image I did from my latest video on my You Tube Channel. It's about Mackie, my Flatcoat Retriever. http://www.youtube.com/user/PossumRoadkill

th_BewareOfDog.jpg

That is awesome, your gallery is getting richer and richer, I like your last pieces very much, looks like you are in great mood these days I can see the brilliant and radiant colors in your work:

th_LookingInward.png

LookingInward this is so cool it has 3 legs first time in my life I see this, it is so clean and neat, and I like the colors very very much, I just don't want look at it for long time, that eye scares me I feel in every second it will turn to me and see me :) , btw I like the reflection of his face in that strange piece in his hands, thats so creative, and for sure he is not on our planet I can tell from those plants.

th_OceanScene.png

And this will be another pieces added to my favorites, so pleasant image, oceanscene is ok, but usually bays or gulfs has that crystal clear water.

And also I like all other stuffs in your Art work, the new abstracts especially the Fireball, and the Textures.

:D Beautiful Mackie

Yes .Well done that man! :D

I love the Alien Eyeball ! At first I thought it was another ocean pic with an octopus admiring himself in the mirror! :lol:

What a good idea ! Hmmm....that would be an interesting project. Thanks man, now if I can just figure out how to do it :lol:

Hey, BTW, I posted some tests in my textures page and I was wondering if you guys would take a look at them an tell me what you think. They are three versions of abalone tiles. I've looked at them all day and I need some other eyes to tell me which one looks more realistic. :D

just dropped by to check your abalone texture. I'd have to go with Ben the second one is best of the three for textureization. I have a feeling you are going for a sheet of green abalone, most people will not really recognize there are so many colors in real life. That's why I'd say go for more whites/offwhites in greenish tints. You have the swirls down now you need the irridesants. and shimmers.

ciao OMA

PS I'd go form more of this sort of look http://www.flickr.com/photos/omnia/180477917/ especially the large piece in the background.

I'm sure your gallery is multiplying by itself ... there's loads of great new stuff I seem to have missed :? (And you called myself and Yellowman prolific :P )

I've got to admit I had to google abalone (I thought it was a Roxy Music song ... then realised that was Avalon :lol: ) The 2nd one with soft relief is my fave out of the 3 ... but they all look good. Nice work mate :idea:

Thanks ! I had a nice vacation working around the place but didn't get a lot of paint time in so I made up for it when I went back to work. Not that I would do anything like this at work :shock: (whispers, in case my boss reads this) I can cram a lot of planning into lunch hour with rough sketches and then do the real thing when I get home. That's my new plan and it seems to be working well :D Roxy Music ! That's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time. What a great band that was at the time!

just dropped by to check your abalone texture. I'd have to go with Ben the second one is best of the three for textureization. I have a feeling you are going for a sheet of green abalone, most people will not really recognize there are so many colors in real life. That's why I'd say go for more whites/offwhites in greenish tints. You have the swirls down now you need the irridesants. and shimmers.

ciao OMA

PS I'd go form more of this sort of look http://www.flickr.com/photos/omnia/180477917/ especially the large piece in the background.

Yes, that is exactly what I was going for, but then I must cut it up for the little that I need. I felt I needed more color for the project I'm working on because the abalone will be small. I'll leave it at that....I don't want to ruin the expectations if I really mess it up. I do believe you are right though, needs more iridescent and shimmer. I'm thinking the same effect with more light colors mixed in with the dark, as you say "whites/offwhites in greenish tints". Hmmm......will have to think about it a lot more. I'm sure the abalone doesn't have to think too hard, he just does it. :D Nature is so beautiful in the details, if we can only capture a speck of that beauty....

Recreating the colours Mother Nature presents us with is the source of many a bald patch on an artist's head where they proceed to pull their hair out in frustration , Abalone (Mother of Pearl) presents one of the most beautiful/frustrating combination of colour/texture.....you are very, very close to recreating that combination. My advice ? Wear a crash helmet... it saves the hair :lol:

Listened to Toad, love it especially 'Windmills' going to hunt down a copy of their C.D

:lol:

Recreating the colours Mother Nature presents us with is the source of many a bald patch on an artist's head where they proceed to pull their hair out in frustration , Abalone (Mother of Pearl) presents one of the most beautiful/frustrating combination of colour/texture.....you are very, very close to recreating that combination. My advice ? Wear a crash helmet... it saves the hair :lol:

Listened to Toad, love it especially 'Windmills' going to hunt down a copy of their C.D

:lol: I don't need any help in losing my hair ! It's getting pretty thin on top without any help. :lol: Abalone has always fascinated me, I have a really big one (half shell) that is about 9 inches that my grandmother gave me years ago. My grandparents moved to Florida when they retired a very long time ago and she always collected shells. I know she didn't find this one because it's the wrong part of the country, so someone must have given it to her, but she did have a wonderful collection of tropical and sub tropical sea shells. I have quite a few of them still. I'm glad you enjoyed "Toad". One of my all time favorite bands. I used to sing and play keyboards in bands when I was young, but time has a way of taking things away from you. :lol: Now I only sing when only my dogs are around, no one else could stand it. :shock:

My eyes run in all directions because I don't know what I like best. Amazing work! You and Yellowman have somewhat similar styles, which is a good thing. :P

Wow thanks for the compliment ! It's no wonder, he has been a big influence on me. He is one of my favorites and among the tops on this forum, so to be compared to him is a great honor indeed. :D:D

Here is a little clue as to what I've been doing this week. :D The full size image is in my gallery and a smaller preview in the "Realistic Images" topic. I hope you all enjoy it.

AbalonePossum_sm.png

Hmm, I saw a part of the guitar in the realistic section, and I thought the whole image ( a full guitar image not just the arm) is here, looks great with those fine details and beautiful colors.

Thank you very much for you complement ,It is so nice of you to say so, well the talent is there in you, I can see it clearly, you are an artist and art is a message for life like in your work, not just art for art like some others, and I like your artwork style very much may be HELEN is right because I feel it suits my sense.

Oh btw, I forgot to comment on this piece, I saw it few days ago it looks great, like it is engraved on a tablet of stone, good job.

th_FanPlant.png

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, I saw a part of the guitar in the realistic section, and I thought the whole image ( a full guitar image not just the arm) is here, looks great with those fine details and beautiful colors.

Thank you very much for you complement ,It is so nice of you to say so, well the talent is there in you, I can see it clearly, you are an artist and art is a message for life like in your work, not just art for art like some others, and I like your artwork style very much may be HELEN is right because I feel it suits my sense.

Oh btw, I forgot to comment on this piece, I saw it few days ago it looks great, like it is engraved on a tablet of stone, good job.

th_FanPlant.png

Hello my good friend, sorry for the long delay in my response. I was out of action for a few days. :lol: Thanks for the compliments from you as well. Anyone who compares my style to your's is giving me a great compliment. You work has had a great influence on me so I can understand where the similarities come from.

I'm glad someone noticed that piece. I used it in another piece, but it was originally intended for something else that I may try again in the future. My grandmother used to have some wall art from Japan I believe it was. It was molded plaster of dancers. They were holding leaves like fans and I wanted to re-create the feel of those plaster wall hangings. I was pretty happy with this image so maybe someday I'll add to it.

I finished my Possum Banjo ! It's in the artwork section and also in Realistic Images.

Glad to see you back posting ( I noticed what you wrote in the realistic umbrella) and hopefully back to full fitness ?

Loving the new guitar stuff along with a few things I've never noticed before ...

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I'm getting better, but when you're as ugly as I am there is no way but up ! :lol: Seriously, the doctor said I'm healing up pretty good, so I get to see him in three weeks and I should be Ok by then.

I usually don't do this kind of photo manipulation, I usually do some pretty goofy stuff, but I though this was a pretty cool tut I found here.

http://aviary.com/tutorial?tutorial=wat ... eview=1&p=

and this is what I did with it. There is more info in the Photo Manip section of the board where I posted it. I just thought I'd share it here with you guys. It was really a lot of fun and pretty challenging for me.

FromWaterComesLife.png

Not bad!

Now, how about trying to do everything in PDN without the starting photo(s)? :)

And Ash has laid down the smackdown! Sorry, I got carried away with that.

Man, I haven't checked your gallery in a while, and I got to say you are getting really good. Put my effort to shame. :? Missed seeing your work at PDN Fan.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...
no offense intended i don't really like your style

That's OK, with six billion people and counting, I'm sure there are hundreds of millions of people who don't. Welcome to the club !

Very nice image, well managed on the elements, and the result is beautiful, just flip horizontally the glass reflection.And good to see you back.

Possum does his best Homer Simpson and says "D' Oh !" Thanks for pointing that out ! I am such a doofus ! :lol::lol: I'll get that fixed then we can all pretend we did not see Possum's momentary loss of reason.

Not bad!

Now, how about trying to do everything in PDN without the starting photo(s)? :)

Always on my back aren't you ! :lol::lol: j/k !!! Yes, I agree that would be so cool. I think I can.... I think I can..... OK I'll give it a try ! (BTW, I got my new forum up and running. Thanks for listening to me gripe. :oops:

no offense intended i don't really like your style

I'm not picking a fight here, but aren't you going to say why ?

To me that just comes across as rude. Couldn't you have just left his gallery and not said anything ?

That really hacks me off.

Apologies to the admins/ mods and board members; but I had to say it.

Possum Roadkill has put a lot of work into showing what can be made with Paint.NET and he deserves better than that.

Thanks Welshblue, but some people just don't appreciate the same things. I understand that now. I don't need everyone's validation to keep me going, just the support from good friends like you. Thank you. You are a fine artist and a fine person and I'm glad that I have gotten to know you and appreciate your work. And occasionally steal ideas from you ! :lol: