Possum Roadkill Gallery

Possum Roadkill

Today is the opening day for the Indianapolis Colts 2010 Football season. To celebrate I've made a wallpaper for my laptop. This is a letterbox format wallpaper 1490 X 900. If you are a Colts fan, feel free to download it and use it if you want. I may make a few more for some friends and fellow Colts Fans so check back if you want. :D Go Colts !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

I didn't see your work in the other forum, so I went here. It's all so dazzling! Wow! I don't cheer for any team. Sports are sports.

Love the new ones! Never knew they were posted. The heart is my favourite, but the wallpaper is nice too. :D

Thanks ! I've not kept up with my galleries on any of the sites. I need to just set down and take the time to upload my newest stuff. Thanks for stopping by. :D

• 1 month later...

Another new Colts wallpaper for the 2010 season. This one is a bit less busy as the last one. ;) ;)

I've also finally got around to updating my gallery after several weeks.....months....whenever it might have been :lol:

So if you take a look at the first page you will see that the first post that contains new works has quite a few new pieces that I've not posted on here before as well as some old favorites. The individual galleries have also been updated with more new works that have not been posted in the galleries previously.

Thanks for stopping by !

wow! Possum..what a gallery..I didn't know you did such fantastic abstracts..great viewing.. :star: :star:

cant pick a fav. really..but.. I do like the bamboo room and water to life 2 ?.. B)

thanks for letting us take a look..into the private life of.. The Possum!! :mrgreen::lol:

regards j.d.

Oops ! Sorry guys, I forgot to check back to see if anyone said anything. :P

@ Welshblue, Thanks man ! You know someday I might just get around to doing the Stratocaster I always wanted. :lol:

@ Barbieq, Thanks, I was thinking about putting the possum in all my photomanips, but I figured it would get old quick for everybody. You can run a gag for only so long before it gets tired. :D Kind of like this one Copy_of_Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_liviuse.gif:lol: :lol: B)

@ Heat Stroke. Wow, thanks. I really mean that. It means a lot to know that someone really likes what I make. I think you are a really good artist and I'm looking forward to seeing more and more of your works.

@ J.D. Thanks ! Bamboo room is one of my old favorites as is the Water series. I used to do more abstracts but for some reason I just can't find my muse as often as I used to. :lol: Maybe I'm not thinking in abstract terms now. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

simply amazing

and other than the acute feelings of inadequacy- i love your work

Thanks, I appreciate that you enjoy my work, but you don't have to feel that way. We all start out some place.

Just let your imagination guide you. If you work through the tuts and ask questions, the technical stuff will take care of itself.

I don't know why, but my photobucket seems to be acting up and won't open many of the images full size. I'm working on getting them all reposted. It just takes a long time. :(

• 5 weeks later...

New abstracts....

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Possum%20Art/GoldenTrap.png http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Possum%20Art/3DTilesAbstract.png ">http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Possum%20Art/GlowingTubesAbstract.png

First one is pretty cool.

The second one - if you don't look at this image in full size you will never know what you've missed!

Possum, it is gorgeous! It moves, likes sucks you into the image! WOWSERS!

The last one with its tiny droplets is so beautiful. I think this one is my fave out of the three. Wonderful abstracts!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I love the first! And the textures of the second is awesome!

Thanks !

First one is pretty cool.

The second one - if you don't look at this image in full size you will never know what you've missed!

Possum, it is gorgeous! It moves, likes sucks you into the image! WOWSERS!

The last one with its tiny droplets is so beautiful. I think this one is my fave out of the three. Wonderful abstracts!

It makes me dizzy. ;)

1 , 2 and 3 are all great textures

Many thanks for fielding the competitions

Amazing abstracts Possum! So much depth and detail in all of them. They just pull you in , looking to see how far back they go.

I think my fave has to be the first one one with all the curvy lines. Great work. ;)

Thanks guys ! It's been a while since I did any abstracts.

Merry Christmas everyone !

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Possum%20Art/ChristmasCard2010_1.png

love the Christmas Wreath. now that image would make a wonderful Xmas card to mail out to family and friends.

Perhaps you should run that design past Halmark, some of the cards I've seen them put out this past year or so haven't even come near to being this festive and pretty.

ciao OMA

Thanks Oma, maybe if I get a little better Hallmark might reject me in a kind way. :D Thank you though, I appreciate your kind words. I need to work on it a little more. Just not as much time to work on things. Maybe work will be better next year. I hope I hope I hope.

@ Heat Stroke, Barbieq & Helen. Thanks so much ! I hope your Christmas was beautiful too. I really appreciate hearing from you guys. I enjoy seeing all your work so much and to have to stop by makes my day a lot brighter.

Great text. It looks like it's been chiseled out of a piece of metal.

Merry christmas to you too mate. Thankfully, it's practically all over, here

hope you don't mind, I've been playing around with the second abstract, making an animation.

I didn't have time to reply properly last time ... would love to see a tut' of that 1st one. Galleria material IMHO

A tut? I'm just not good at doing that. It's like things are always for me, I can't remember everything I did. My memory is starting to get kind of undependable. Then there are the voices.....always telling me to use blue but never what shade of blue!

I do remember that it was a circle that I ran through shape 3D to give it a warped hoop look, duplicated the layer and flipped it. Then merged the two sides together. Then duplicated them again and rotated them 90 and repeated the process until I had four sets. Used metallize and trails and color balance. Copied all that and rotated again and merged four times. Then I made a copy of that mess and shrunk it down on a lower layer. and then the same process again four or five times until it got too crowded at the bottom of the trap. Lastly I did a blur zoom on the very bottom layer. Ta Da ! I wish I would have done it a little slower and smoothed out the rough spots, but eh! it adds a little character.

I don't mind you using it at all. In fact I'm really honored. I'd love to see it when it's done.