Possum Roadkill Gallery

Possum Roadkill

• 3 weeks later...

I've not updated my gallery in a while so I thought I should get caught up today. I've added a few of my latest wallpapers and sigs. Hope you enjoy them !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

:lol: that's what I said at the other forum .. Scary thought either way spiders frighten me , love your work anyways .. Your Gallery is amazing as well as your sigs .. Classic :mrgreen:

Wow...that is a LOT of great work! I can tell you spent a lot of time on all of it too. I wouldn't be able to keep at one image long enough to make images of that quality and complexity from scratch.

suggestion(s): unless this is actually part of your style of art, you should work a little on perspective and blending shapes together into one image instead of a bunch of parts. (make the shapes interact realistically with each other. e.x. add shadows, fix perspective, etc)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

@ Helen, & Barbieq, & Sokagirl, Thanks so much ! I have a friend who went on vacation to England last year and was able to see Stonehenge up close and personal. She took a lot of photos and they were very inspirational. I saw a show on the History Channel about ancient ruins and learned that there are "henge's" all over. So I just had to break out the spiders once again. :lol: I appreciate your sentiments on my new sig. I'm really proud of the way it came out.

@ Frontcannon, Thanks ! I don't know why, but they only come out good about every three or four images I do. :lol:

@ Chrisco, :lol: Oh I mess up all the time. It must be the way I cover it up. :lol: :wink:

@ Pdnnoob, Thanks for the comments. I have been working to better my perspective. Yellowman has been helping me understand perspective better. I think my use of shadows and object interaction has gotten better with my more recent pieces, but I know what you mean.

This is an example I am posting for the WOTW competition, "This Day in Music History" in case anyone doesn't understand the theme I came up with or needs a more visual explanation. :D

th_ThisDayInMusicHistory.png

I understand and went to check mine out but no good ones to choose from , sadly I got Glenn Campbell , Diana Ross or Bananarama .. Ha ha oh well , nothing good ever happens in September . For me at least .

I understand and went to check mine out but no good ones to choose from , sadly I got Glenn Campbell , Diana Ross or Bananarama .. Ha ha oh well , nothing good ever happens in September . For me at least .

Remember it's more about the date than it is the artists or songs. Just because they are older artists and not from your era does not make them any less talented. Glenn Campbell and Diana Ross both sold hundreds of millions of records, had Grammy's, and were huge stars in their time (that also happens to be my time). So, you see, you have some really great artists to work with.

They are from my era I think I was born in 64 so I knew about Glenn and Diana .. ^_^

Just don't start singing Rhinestone Cowboy ! :lol::lol:

....but, but I like that song :(:(

I like Wichita Lineman much better. I always liked Glenn's stuff. I think he's recovered from his problems and is now playing in Vegas.

Oh shucks I was going to start .. Ha ha , just joking .. I saw your entry for WOTW I love it , very creative indeed ..^_^

:lol:

Thanks ! ;)

I just posted my latest piece in the first post of this gallery. It's a companion to Mister Sunshine, Mr. and Mrs. Moon in "A Kiss Goodnight". I hope you enjoy it.

Wow...I never would have thought of that. Being a critical critic and a perfectionist, though, I have a few suggestions for improvement. (you should feel honored! This is the only gallery I've posted anything on ;) )

1. I'm not sure about the style of art, but you did a great job imitating professional versions of the style. I would like to say, though, this type of art is intended to be less about realism than you made it. (that is a compliment...just saying you made some parts a little too realistic for that style o.o ) If you could find a way to make the quality of each part a little more even, it would be perfect. For example, the eyes, though the best I've ever seen, are a little out of place because of their awesomeness. They are on top of a blurry grungy texture which is on top of a shine that looks like something you would see in an HQ real life photo of a solar eclipse. Then the background is this plain black image with a bunch of cartoon stars. The realistic parts really take away from the rest of the image if you see what I mean. The other parts would be great if the entire image matched their style.

2. Red stars?

That's all I've got. Nice work. It really amazes me how you made those eyes...and the bright light. Keep up the good work!

PS I made a new text tutorial for you to look at...finally XD Check my sig

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo