Possum Roadkill Gallery

Possum Roadkill

Wow. It's eerily realistic. Very nice skin texture.

Believe it or not it's a giraffe hide brush/texture. I found the texture while researching another piece and for some reason it really works for dragon skin. :D

This is something I did tonight. I wanted it to look cartoonish.

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

I loved those pics so much that I went and downloaded Sculptris,can't wait until I get it all figured out. Thank you very much Possum on the tip about that program,awesome. I have a few alien figures in my mind that I want to make for my Paint.net pictures,lol.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

'cemetery' is nice, i like how you put a dead possum in there xD

The possum is not dead, he's just playin' possum. The wolves, them is some dead woolfies! :lol:

You have an illustrator-type style to your work. By that, I mean it's bright and cheery. Very nice!

That is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about my work. Thank you so much. :D

I loved those pics so much that I went and downloaded Sculptris,can't wait until I get it all figured out. Thank you very much Possum on the tip about that program,awesome. I have a few alien figures in my mind that I want to make for my Paint.net pictures,lol.

Thanks so much. If you need any help, let me know. It does crash quite a bit so make sure you save often. It doesn't hurt anything when it does. If it does crash and you have not saved it will ask if you want to recover/resume or something like that. You can then save it to replace the last saved file. I think you will have a lot of fun. Here is a forum for Sculptris where you can get a lot of info, brushes and materials. http://www.zbrushcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Possum that is just adorable! Love the brightness & the background too.

Oh I know I'm adorable.....Oh you meant the picture! :lol: Thanks ! :D

Sorry I didn't catch the new works! But I love them all - especially the new one. Really nice. :)

Thanks buddy ! Come back anytime !

You're really taking to Sculptris like fleas to a Possum ...

(You know I'm only joking my friend)

I really love how you put things onto canvas, with a wackiness I can totally relate to ;)

I name all my fleas. I've even been able to train some of them and am planning on starting a flea circus. :lol:

I don't know why, but there is something about this program that brings out the inner wacko in me. It is totally fun for me to make these things.

Being able to cut them out and manipulate them in Paint.net is just the best of both worlds.

• 7 months later...

You are not play Possum, you are alive and kicking! This is a great body of production. It will take a while to view it all. Your work is beautiful, skillful, and interesting. Enuff Sayd!!!

You are not play Possum, you are alive and kicking! This is a great body of production. It will take a while to view it all. Your work is beautiful, skillful, and interesting. Enuff Sayd!!!

Well thank you! I thought I had been forgotten about. You must have had to dig way back in the gallery to find me. :lol::D

Never ever forgotten about, mate ;)

I hear the word Possum on tv and think of you

... hmmm. Is that disturbing to anyone else but me :roll:

No, not at all. It's all a part of my master plan for global domination.

• 2 weeks later...

Killer gallery! Very clever stuff. I like the alien-ized Drew Barrymore, mostly because I simply adore her.

I'm particularly fond of the water faucet hummingbird and the remote control fisherman. Those showcase a great surrealistic style, which I really enjoy.

• 5 weeks later...

Killer gallery! Very clever stuff. I like the alien-ized Drew Barrymore, mostly because I simply adore her.

I'm particularly fond of the water faucet hummingbird and the remote control fisherman. Those showcase a great surrealistic style, which I really enjoy.

Thank you very much. I appreciate when someone is specific about what pieces they like. It helps me to keep my focus. I too adore Drew. There is much to say about that topic but I never know when my wife might read this post so silence is the better part of valor. I'm so glad you like the hummingbird and the fisherman. I really enjoy doing the photo manips. There are just so many things possible when you think about it. I wish I had more time to explore this area. If you get a chance take a look at this link FreakingNews I run a photo manip comp from time to time in the Competition Section of the forum. Stop by and take a look when you have the time.

Possum, congratulations on the Howard Hughes Award. We love you!

Thanks, I feel it's a fitting award for many reasons. I have decided to embrace my eccentric nature and wear it like a comfortable old jacket. We are all different, but some of us are more so.....