How to Install Plugins ×

Introducing "Mosaic Maniac Collage Paint" plugin

MosaicManiac

I suggest that you provide some sample images for mosaic painting in your first post - like those flowers.

Good suggestion.

I added direct links in my original post.

More images used in my examples can be downloaded from http://mosaicmaniac.com/?c=TabDownload (bottom of the page)

I think this is a bug, maybe its only for me.
The first one looks like a bug.

You bring an interesting issue in your second point I've wandered about.

Technically, you do need a background to match the right image and apply color correction.

What happens if there is no background? Currently I ignore transparencies.

It seems to me like it's the right thing to do and it allows for some interesting compositions,

like this one:

978_palma_morze.png

Notice none of the photographs in this photomosaic are clipped as they would be if area selection was used.

This was created by selecting everything in the picture but the palm tree with a magic wand and making it transparent.

Rendering the photo mosaic using "Effects -> Collage Paint" and then resetting transparency back to opaque (255).

• 7 months later...

This is such a wicked cool plugin. I had it with the old version of PdN and I am so relieved to find that you have updated it. It runs so much faster now. Great stuff ! I will use this more and more. You da man !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 5 years later...

I was playing around with this plugin and I didn't see any sample images here, so I thought would share an example. :)

Photo Mosaic! :D

Before and After Pictures.

http://s5.postimg.org/xkavgh7x3/Photo_Mosaic_Manic_Dog_Picture_JPEG.jpg

http://s5.postimg.org/t9w7kw2tz/Photo_Mosaic_Manic_Dogs_JPEG.jpg

• Upvote 2

On 20.7.2015 at 8:54 PM, Cc4FuzzyHuggles said:

<3  @Cc4FuzzyHuggles! Thank you very much, :trophy:  very good idea. :cake: :coffee:

Edited by Seerose

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 7 months later...

Hi could someone please tell me if this plug in is still available ive tried all morning to get this to work i have it in my effects file ,but when i open Paint -effects its not there ? anyone any ideas what im doing wrong ??  

I have it installed in Paint.NET 4.09 and it works fine for me. You will find it in the effects folder: EFFECTS>Artistic>Collage Paint...

mosaic-maniac-works-4eb3dfc.png

• Upvote 1

This plugin does not work at all in the latest version of PDN.  At least I can't get it to do anything. 

The progress bar just keeps going, going and going.  I went and took a shower, came back, and it was was still 'working'.

I canceled it.  There were no error messages, though...

Edited by lynxster4

Thanks, @Eli   Still not working. I've even lost the green in the progress bar.  Should mention I'm on Windows 10.  Oh well...:(

<3Dear  @lynxster4 and @Pixey! I have windows 7, works fine with me. I am sorry for you both. :(

06-03-2017.png

06-03-2017s.png

Edited by Seerose
  • Upvote 2

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

I'm at work now, on Windows 7, with the latest version of PDN....still not working.  The green progress bar just keeps going on and on.

I only have (2) images in my folder for this test.  So, something is broken.  I suspect this plugin will not work in version 4.0.13.

I see Eli is using 4.0.9...I don't know what version Seerose is using.

Maybe this needs to be documented as 'Not Compatible' with latest version or I'm completely stupid and not using this right.  :lol:

UPDATE:  I got it to work on Windows 7...some very lovely results.  Will test again at home.  It may be a Windows 10 thing!

Edited by lynxster4

I too am on version 4.0.13 and it's not working.  Like you I get two windows pop up and they just hang and go round and round.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Add my voice to the list. Just installed it on my WIN10 system and nothing happens with my folder of pics > all less than 256. At least it doesn't crash paint.

No error report to provide though. Makes diagnosing very difficult I'm sure.

MGT9iTs.png

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

Just performed the following;

removed all effects

uninstalled

re-installed

added mosaic maniac

still not working

Ill leave this one to the experts now.

MGT9iTs.png

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

Update to my previous post.

I'm home on Windows 10 and for the life of me, this plugin will not work.

I'm tempted to say it's a Win10 problem, if it wasn't for Eli's above post.

I'm stumped. If I want to use this plugin, I have to do it at work.  :(

I tried an experiment on my old laptop, with paint.net version 3.5.11, and the first time I tried it, I got something to work ...... but it did not show up the images in the white area properly, which was supposed to be little blue butterflies.

bfly%201%20collage_zpsrzf7jrzc.png

Then, when I tried to use it once more in 3.5.11 it would not work again AT ALL. 

So weird that it works for @Eli in Windows 10 and v4.0.13 - must be something in the air ............ or, we need to drink some French wine :D.  I tried Italian and it didn't work :lol:.

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.