? w/ Acquire > Scanner or Camera's list of pictures

I have a question I can't seem to google an answer about.

I use Paint.net's Acquire feature to pull quick images (mostly of my cat, but sometimes of the breads that I bake) directly off of my webcam (my real camera broke).

But now, every time I open the Acquire > Scanner or Camera > Webcam function the entire list of pictures I have taken - saved or not - still appears. There is no readily viewable way to clear the list, and I searched the Paint.net installment under "Program Files" (WinXP), but didn't see any place that would be saving the 30 or so images that I have on this list.

It's a pain having to search through them all.

(A secondary question would be: "If I take, say, five pictures with my MS webcam via the Paint.net function, how to I retrieve each photo without having to re-open the whole "Acquire > From Scanner and Camera > OK > Get Picture > choose from the narrow scroll list of captured pictures" click-fest?)

Best, and Thank You,

Dave

Personally i would just go the roundabout way and use the program that came with your webcam to take snapshots and simply open them, Then you know where the file is and you can easily use windows explorer to organize the pictures(A.K.A Delete^^). I have never personally used that feature of PDN, but if you cant find a delete within PDN then i would assume that you would need to find the file that it's in and delete the pictures you want from there.

Well, I refuse to install the garbage program that came with the rather good webcam, so...

There must be a way. I agree - find the file that is saving them, but since the snapshots aren't technically 'saved' by me, I have no clue what compression system they are being filed under, by what name, and ... heck, if I only knew 'where' that file that Paint.net saves 'em to, that would be a start.

But it either isn't in the main install of the paint.net folder (or I'm blind and didn't see them), or they are all encoded into one file that i don't understand.

I think it's completely dependent on how the webcam and its driver software are written. My camera, thankfully, only shows the pictures which are on the memory card. Your webcam might be copying them locally and providing that list to Paint.NET, but there's no way for Paint.NET to know anything about those details.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Well, perhaps - except the 'take picture' function is Paint.NET's, and the only software supporting the webcam is WinXP noticing a USB webcam was plugged in.

Unles I'm mistaken, your postulation would only make sense if Paint.Net's 'Capture' button and function (from the live-feed the webcam is giving it) is really just activating an WinXP 'Capture' function... but I'm leaning on the side that Paint.net isn't just a mask over WinXP functions.

Unles I'm mistaken, your postulation would only make sense if Paint.Net's 'Capture' button and function (from the live-feed the webcam is giving it) is really just activating an WinXP 'Capture' function... but I'm leaning on the side that Paint.net isn't just a mask over WinXP functions.

it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Image_Acquisition

KaHuc.png

it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Image_Acquisition

Dang, you're right.

Found them in a list that was opened by clicking on the USB 'video device' listed on my files and folders. Was able to delete them from there.

Thanks guys.