***ADVANCED CRITIQUE*** - Read Rules First

david.atwell

the birds look very out of place. they draw too much attention from the rest of the image. also, i would change the colour of the sun, to be a lighter shade of red, or a dark shade of orange, and make a firelike cloud texture using clouds, with orange and either red or yellow.

i really do like the outside, with the clouds in a ring, and the name of it brings many serene thoughts.i do like the fairly subtle lighting as you move towards the inside. this is a piece that you really need to look at to like a lot, i think. the more i look at it, the more i like it, but, as i said before, the birds look too out of place.

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

Thank you cazaron, I'm being working on it applying your feedback, I will post the new soon, to compare them and discuss.

@ Benji2 .... the sun is created on a new layer there was no sun in the original photo, actually the total layers are 3 , clouds , sun and zoom blur for the clouds with color burn mode , is this your question about?

EDIT/ I forgot and another layer for the flying objects .

Thats much nicer than the first version . As cazaron said the clouds are the best part and I think they are now even better. :D

I still think the birds are a little too intrusive, but overall its really nice. :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

birds are better, but, still a fair way to go, keep updating it and put it up here, we'll make it better together. i much prefer what youve done with it this time, try having just the occasional bird close to the sun, as it obtrudes much less.

less is more, as many people say.

the clouds, are much nicer, even more peaceful to look at. the sun is the right colour, but, as i said before, try adding a layer of orange and transparent (primary and secondary colours) clouds effect to the sun, to create texture. the colour palette is more aesthetically pleasing to look at now too. the colours blend now. it works much better now.

great job yellowman!

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

its perfect! I LOVE it! yes, the sun texture was what i meant, and, you pulled it off wonderfully. its stunning, i love it.

its perfect! I LOVE it! yes, the sun texture was what i meant, and, you pulled it off wonderfully. its stunning, i love it.

It is. Nice job, nice improvement!

Looks good. The sun texture is perfect, but I think the lines coming off the sun are a little too short. I really love the lines coming off the sun that are near the clouds, but I'm not sure if you made those. I think the sky right behind the sun is just a little too dark.

Can I post a pic, now? :shock:

(flip)..yes absolutely, and you could do that long time ago because lot of posts were sent to the last image, I am sorry if I seemed breaking some rules because this is not an improving images section, :wink: I just wanted to keep this thread active. I did read your notes about my pic and they are good to think about them , thanks.

Hmm...

Waaaaaay too many stars. Plus, the way too many stars aren't being sucked into the blackhole enough. (It is a blackhole, right?)

Blackhole looks nice, although I think the middle should be darker.

The asteroid thing is too red.

Planet is great. Smudge it more, though. That'll make it look cooler. :D

to that previous statement "smudge the planet more" i very heavily object. things in space blend (in the instance of the black hole? and the other orange nebulae.) planets on the other hand do not blend. they stand out. too many stars, and the whole image looks just cut this then paste ont black background, repeat. smudge wouldnt have been my weapon of choice in this image.

if youre considering re-doing this (or updating it), keep these 5 points in mind

- i said it once, ill say it again. things in space blend. nebulas do not look like the end, they fade from space to nebulae.

- a word of advice, less often is more (stars)

-if you are to use smudge, dont go too overboard. the occasional very small smudge on the planet would look better :wink:

-position is everything. i like where the planet is. but, half of the rest of the image looks empty.

-if you dont feel like doing something, or are tired, dont do it! youre best work comes from when you're alert and ready.

all this may sound like i dont like it, i do. i like it, but, as with yellowman's picture above, constrctive criticism improves your work. (see his first image, and everyone chipped in, then see the improvement that happened through to the awesome last image.) if you continue like this, it'll be really good. if you do improve this, post it in your gallery, ill come and give feedback :wink:

KillerK....I spent some time trying to penetrate and understand the subject, then I come to a conclusion that this image is standing in a half way between an abstract and a realistic or space image, anyway it is nice to look at, I like the colors you used, but the objects are so simple they need some more details and drama to put the viewer in a good reaction with the image, and the image looks flat specially the background it needs some more colors or different size spots to help bring it out from the typical mode and adding some depth to the event, and one last thing, it is good idea to put a title or name for the image, (a big bad black whole eating my house :) ) I got this from your gallery we can take this as a title though.

Hidden Content:
Rave_Aurora_by_M5000.png

Any thoughts? Submitted to my DA a while back, when I didn't even know this place existed, so obviously there's no special plug-ins. I really like how it turned out!

|

DA|BOG|Blog|Spore|

metasig.png

Most people are astounded by my age when I tell them I'm only 15.. :/

Thanks to all who commented on my picture :) Ill take those comments in mind and try to improve it.

M5000 i love the way all your letters are all different colours and imo you got the glow on them just right :). Maybe if you shrunk down the rainbow wave thing you could get it to fit nicely behind the text with some tweak and there you would have quite and attractive siggy! :D

Citylife.png

It looks pretty nice. I suggest that you give the rainbow more of a glow.

Now, I know I'm breaking the rules a little here, but it was my turn awhile ago but I asked if I could post a picture to make sure, and then other people posted some. So, I'm gonna post one now. :|

tubesf.png

I want to know if I could do anything more with it. At first, I tried making glass boxes, and through the glass boxes you could see color, but everywhere else you couldn't. It didn't look that good, so I made the noise/grains and it turned out okay.

M5000...hmmm I don't know really what to say I don't feel any reaction to the image, may be it is a wallpaper for a desktop? Colors are solid straight and not tuned well the blur thing is not done well on the waved lines, and say I'm illiterate or whatever but I can't read the text :oops: , the fonts style is strange for me, don't be frustrated may be this is not my kind of art to test, lets wait for others friends critique they may extract more things about it.

(flip).. the image is too small we want to see more details to be able to make a study.