Visual Studio And PDN, anything besides effects?

I just started using PDN and made a couple effect plugins with VS2008 no prob. My question is if other things besides effects and file type can be done?

For example,

Is it possible to adjust the size of the selection? I would love to write (or have) a plugin to increase and decrease the selection by a variable number of pixels.

Is it possible to make a custom brush tool? What I mean is doing an "effect" where the user is dragging the brush and within the brushes area. Some neat things could be done like the blend modes in layer options. I remember seeing a smudge tool around so I want to say this could be possible.

Thank you

Is it possible to adjust the size of the selection? I would love to write (or have) a plugin to increase and decrease the selection by a variable number of pixels.

No.

Is it possible to make a custom brush tool? What I mean is doing an "effect" where the user is dragging the brush and within the brushes area.

Just make a new window for the user to brush in. The Custom Brushes plugin even supports C# add-ins, meaning you don't even have to bother making a new window.

KaHuc.png

Thank you Simon,

That is too bad about the selection.

I will take a look at the The Custom Brushes plugin and what kind of add-ins can be done. If I need something more flexible I certainly see how drawing in a new window could work. It would be like mini paint program in pdn.

Anyone ever tried to use different layers as sources to do effect?

Do you mean plugins that create new windows? Or plugins that modify layers?

What I had in mind was using different layers as sources for doing an effect. Say if the user had two layers, is it possible for example make an effect to blend the layers. Sorry, if this question was a bit unrelated from my orig post. Just trying to find out what is possible. BoltBait had posted a "No" to this but the post was about 7 months old. Is this still the case?

The v3.xx series of release will not be introducing new plugin formats or extensibility points. It is, however, a major design consideration for v4.xx and beyond.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg