How to Install Plugins ×

Blue/Green Screen Remover (semi-broken)

Bleek II

To see current issue click the link below.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=29414

It's been awhile since I made a plugin but that's because I only make 'em when I need them in the field. I needed this one for an upcoming project. it's not perfect but it helps a lot!

SRss.jpg

SR.zip

SR.7z

effect=>object

I may add to it if need more function later. If you want more function from it or find a bug just tell me or feel free to write your own plugin using this code.

YEeeeAHhh.... about the code... yes it's all 100% mine I'm sorry to say. It looks awful and if you're thinking to yourself "man it looks like this guy wrote this while laying in bed for days starved/crazy from fever after being food poisoned" you'd be right.

Made with code lab! Thank, BB!

Screenshots would be nice.

Also, the technical term for this is "Chroma Key." :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 4 weeks later...
A "before" image would be ideal.

Yes, it would.

It seems to be a good plugin, though, so I will download it and then go to bed. I'll find a good use for the plugin, thanks.

Night all!

• 11 months later...

Useful tool! It was easy to cut out the background, and keep the anti-alias, when I used Printscreen in Gmax, which can't do renders.

rhfjdjejdtp.gif

The only problems I had was when using the Green Screen function, since some of the yellow color got dis-colored after use.

gsbs.jpg

Perhaps that's because yellow doesn't go that well with a green background - I didn't have any problems with other colors, that I know of. I've often been looking for this kind of tool, that removed other color backgrounds as well, but now I feel fine with Green & Blue only, since they work quite good for me.

Edited by Urnemanden