Sword beyond beginners level (image heavy)

oma

thank you Oma....

U r right, I did all the sword blades' outline with a curved line instead of a straight line, and then another line defining the sharpened edge.

GlassButton-1.gif

Mine wasn't half bad, much appreciated!

27727_a42912b1b108921ebfbbf481d5ac613f

All in all, pretty good :)

"Killing a man for killing a man only leaves a bigger mess on the floor." -yours truly

Zac_1174a3ac78894a4c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

honestlly do not knowwhat your mean? his plugin outline does have an angle adjustment.

did you download the outline by pryochild (part of his plugin pkg) ?

screen shot to me by PM if you wish and I'll take a look and see what you are doing incorrectly.

I'll be at my desk for a short while longer.

ciao

OMA

omg... this is by far one of my top 5 favorite tutorials for pdn. This is just.. :shock: :shock:

Thanks oma for for sharing your devious ways. :)

Oh, one suggestion is that maybe you try some shadowing to give the handle a tad more round feel to it. Amazing work otherwise.

omg... this is by far one of my top 5 favorite tutorials for pdn. This is just.. :shock: :shock:

Thanks oma for for sharing your devious ways. :)

Oh, one suggestion is that maybe you try some shadowing to give the handle a tad more round feel to it. Amazing work otherwise.

Thanks you its nice to know that people like the tut.

I would recommend shading the handle more as well but this version is to keep it really down to just a bit (tiny bit) beyond beginners level. I don't want them to shy away from doing a tut because it involves too many new techniques, this one was to concentrate on the ability to use 3d shape in multiple passes, to obtain other shapes than just a sphere, box, or cylinder.

If a person was to do all my tuts then come back and retry each with something they learned in another tut by me, they could really customize their work. its just the methods I want to impart not just making the actual image.

If you look back at my own work I did do more shading on my own version of this picture along with backlighting . A copy is in my gallery (pg 30) or on my DA gallery, it actually was just late night doodling when I couldn't sleep never intended it to go much further than that, it was just a how would I go about doing this sort of idea..

oh that's so nice in the gold color. I'm glad you were able to figure out the steps afterall. One thing do you still have the pdn? see your blade the light is coming from the right hand side (those glinty bits on the blade sugest that to my eye) perhaps the shadow should be opposite side. other than that and extremely well done job.

OK we will go with that one McyD you ready to teach yourself wha to look for in a picture.

I'm going to do this real real quickly.

what do you notice first about this machete blade as compared to the sword?

1) I see curved portion ummmmmmmm the line can't be totally straight like in OMA's tut how would you do this?

hint draw all the lines in blue I just used three colors here so you see what each lines shape

1-1.jpg

2) well OMA started with a filled in line.. that blade I just drew is hollow in the middle.... ......

Would wand out side the blade and control + i give me just the middle to fill in ?

hint : yes it would . so wand outside the blade outline you have Just drawn hold down the control button at the same time as you clik the " i " key. and fill with blue.

what's the next step anyone ? its open for a community effort now. anyone suggest next step and I'll do the picture for mini tut

For Step 3, i would duplicate the layer for the sharpened edge. den use the conditional hue for both layers and convert to black and white followed by adjusting the luminosity curves.

That's what i did for the machete i've done..

Next?

This is one i did earlier with the tut..

th_Machete-Big.jpg

GlassButton-1.gif