Seamless Grass Texture tutorial needed

I created 3 rock textures using some of the tutorials on the Stone 101 topic. This is the result i get when blending all 3 together:

3in1.png

After that, i added a new layer to my original grass texture and pasted the 3in1 texture to it. I gave the 3in1 texture a light green colour, and changed the opacity in Layer Properties to 159. This is my result:

4in1.png

It is not seamless yet, but i will try out some different methods to do it seamless :)

What do you think?

I created 3 rock textures using some of the tutorials on the Stone 101 topic. This is the result i get when blending all 3 together:

3in1.png

After that, i added a new layer to my original grass texture and pasted the 3in1 texture to it. I gave the 3in1 texture a light green colour, and changed the opacity in Layer Properties to 159. This is my result:

4in1.png

It is not seamless yet, but i will try out some different methods to do it seamless :)

What do you think?

Sorry for the double-post but I got a render of my track using the new grass texture, which by the way I made seamless. Click to enlarge :)

FirstTreesThumb.png

I am very happy with the result of the grass. This is one of the most important textures for my track (the whole landscape is using that texture), so i either had to find something on inet (Like everyone else who dont want to learn paint does) or make one myself. I would like to thank you all for helping me, as i guess the topic is ending. Well, if you still got something on mind like a suggestion to improve the texture, or a comment to it, you can just reply. I'll be happy for that :D

Sorry for the double-post but I got a render of my track using the new grass texture, which by the way I made seamless. Click to enlarge :)

FirstTreesThumb.png

I am very happy with the result of the grass. This is one of the most important textures for my track (the whole landscape is using that texture), so i either had to find something on inet (Like everyone else who dont want to learn paint does) or make one myself. I would like to thank you all for helping me, as i guess the topic is ending. Well, if you still got something on mind like a suggestion to improve the texture, or a comment to it, you can just reply. I'll be happy for that :D

• 6 months later...

I've always used this method:

1. Set the foreground color light green, and the bg color dark green.

2. Select the fill tool, and set the fill type to anything other than solid (the percentage ones are best)

3. click in the image to fill it with the two colors and the fill type you chose.

4. Do the frosted glass tool (effects/distort/frosted glass)

Play around with those settings untill you get what you want. You can do the adjust hue and brightess function from the Adjustments menu if you want. I'll post an image as soon as i can.

• 3 weeks later...