Pear showing simplified blur painting

oma

:lol: I love that little guy you popped in behind the pear. You've done very well. the shadow is like you say so so . but then I didn't tell you how to do it and I'm glad you tried to improvise. That shows you are creative and adventurous. Two qualities that make and artist individual.

so lets see tips on a shadow. you did correct putting it on the layer below.

do you have the drop shadow plugin?

I make two layers of my item(pear on transparent background)

use drop shadow on bottom one unclik the keep image box. (make sure your primary color was black)

run the plug in.

then clik the black layer tilt it using right mouse button.

blur it a bit using glassiaun blur around 4 or so.

then transparent gradiant it out so the darkest part is near the bottom of the pear. to fade away the furthur out you go.

Ahh! Yes, I do have drop shadow - but I didn't think to use it. I just drew-in the shadow with a brush and then blurred it. Right - back to the drawing board.

Thank SO much for your kind words as well. I am really having fun since I discovered Paint and this great forum. I really appreciate people like yourself who give the time to help beginners like myself. Much appreciated - many thanks. :wink:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I did it a bit differently (and in my opinion, better :D ) I don't like the stem though...

LOLcompare.jpg

I've certainly no problem with you doing it differently, after all this program is known as the one where there are multiple ways to acheive certain effects. what I do think you should tell us is how? did you do it differently. This tut was put out there to show a simplified version of my method. My original I spent far more time and did many more tweeks. :roll: But gee I'm always game to learn new methods. do tell how you made yours better.

:lol::lol: art isn't a competition one against the other rather its a competition against yourself to constantly improve your skills. :lol::lol: welcome back and have fun on the forum. :lol:

I've certainly no problem with you doing it differently, after all this program is known as the one where there are multiple ways to acheive certain effects. what I do think you should tell us is how? did you do it differently. This tut was put out there to show a simplified version of my method. My original I spent far more time and did many more tweeks. :roll: But gee I'm always game to learn new methods. do tell how you made yours better.

:lol::lol: art isn't a competition one against the other rather its a competition against yourself to constantly improve your skills. :lol::lol: welcome back and have fun on the forum. :lol:

Sorry if I offended you :| All I thought that the blurred colors are a bit too prominent (i.e. some parts were more like a solid color than a texture). We may just have different tastes though :P

nope you didn't offend me I was just curious as to how you did it differently. as I said I'm open to learning alternate methods all the time. LOL! that's what keeps this program fun and interesting.

so in other words you did it the same method as described in the tut but at different blurs and transparencies. :lol::lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I thought it was about time I had another go at this tutorial to see if I have improved at all. I used a different method to colour the pear this time. I still used the tutorial method and colours but this time once I had finished with the colouring stage I desaturated the pear then used the Color Tint plug in with settings Hue 68 and Tint Amount 255. This kept the `mottled' effect from the tut and gave the pear a nicer colour.

Pearnew.jpgPearv2.jpg

Edited by Goonfella

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

• 1 year later...

I liked doing this tutorial. I couldn't get the stem to look like I wanted. Also, I had trouble getting the shadow on the perpindicular wall right. Still, it was a learning experience, which is what I like about doing tutorials like this. Thanks for making it.

th_pear.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Beautiful re-creation of the tutorial @Seerose .  They look good enough to eat!  ❤️  ☺️  (rep tomorrow)